Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

wonderful issue...I just dont' think black is Emma's color
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sorry i know this is about Emma but...
    Did this book continue the Apocalypse back story? or did that end?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sorry i know this is about Emma but...
    Did this book continue the Apocalypse back story? or did that end?
    It ends with this issue.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It ends with this issue.
    and what happened?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-31-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so emma betrayed the xmen... again...

let's just say I told u so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Without even reading the issue or the spoilers I was so sure of Emma's goal. Then I read the spoilers and it seemed so damn predictable...

Edit: Deleted because snarky

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so emma betrayed the xmen... again...

let's just say I told u so.
    Yep.

it wasn't so bad, but betrayed again

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yep.

it wasn't so bad, but betrayed again
    the issue was actually really good. this is the emma I want to read about which is emma doing bad and unapologetically so.

that said, it feels so good to be right.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I liked it. The art was nice, except at the end because you could tell the panels weren't properly clean and you could see pretty much the rough lines (rough, even for Bachalo's standards), but at least it wasn't as bad as expected. Emma entering the building was amazing and even though the ending was kind of predictable and in line to what Jordan White wants, I just hope the Hellfire Club does change and it opens up new opportunities for Emma and Mutants in general.

The writing was really good also, really enjoyed the dialogues.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the issue was actually really good. this is the emma I want to read about which is emma doing bad and unapologetically so.

that said, it feels so good to be right.
    Did you read the ending though? I mean, aside from the "betraying" part, which I'm not too happy about, she's not doing anything bad yet. It all depends on what happens after this and if they decide to keep using Emma elsewhere or something. She could be evil and keep doing the **** the Hellfire club was already doing, and you would be right then, or she could follow up on the promise on her letter and change everything, for the good, in which you would be wrong.

So, IDK, too early to say.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 10-31-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    spoilers:
    Emma taking the "King" title instead of "Queen" isn't anything new. For a while Storm and Magneto shared the White King title. I'm guessing that the names aren't gender dependent and are just relating the roles of the board game pieces with the roles in the organization, with "King" being the highest title.
    end of spoilers
    This. They've always been based off of Chess pieces and King is the undisputed most important piece on the board. After that, all other pieces are secondary although Queen usually gets cited as being the next most important since she's generally the most powerful piece.

More or less played out how I was dreading it would go, with Emma using the X-Men to assume control of the HFC. Yawn. I was hoping for a less predictable story or outcome. I was also disappointed we didn't get to see more of this particular X-Men team in combat, I really liked the ensemble and would have been perfectly fine with losing or severely reducing the page count of the Apocalypse back up story. (Which, aside from some nice art didn't really give us much more information than what we usually get about the character.)

Did grab both covers though.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Wow. This is a huge step back for the character and fans of Emma as the feminine heroine that Lobdell, Morrison, Whedon, and many other writers developed.

This was a fun read that becomes so breaking to one of my all time favorite characters. Emma Frost: Decimated. Emma was badass in this issue. The break in, the voice, all felt good/fun. But the motivations and outcome seems to be the final nail in the grave of the once great Emma Frost. These actions would have been more in line with Mystique than Emma. "The Prime of Emma Frost" as Morrison put it, is now over. Emma is now officially a vengeful crazy exgirlfriend, who uses her dead boyfriend as way to justify her actions. All that great work in Iceman #2 now feels completely null.

Leah chose to acknowledge the much hated stripper retcon further deepening the wound to Emma fans. Not to mention the continuity of Shaw is completely lost. From Fractions run to Gen Hope to Secret Empire to this... Who the hell is this guy, what does he want, what is his CURRENT relationship with Emma?

IvX was so poorly written it felt like a joke, you could feel Marvel trying to recover. But this was written well, this is Marvel getting back on track. And it still cost Emma everything.

And here we are... Crazy Ex-Girlfriend confirms to a masculine hierarchy, betrays her friends/the X-Men, and now the WHITE Queen is back in black. X-Men: Black... ladies and gentleman.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

It was a good issue, her wanting to use the hellfire club to help the xmen in her own way works for her. She could open her own school(maybe some new hellions). I'd like to see her write Emma again. I wonder who the members of her hellfire clubs will be

Cyclops to come back as the new White Queen