Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not talking about the future. I'm simply talking about what happened in the pages of this book. She said she was going to destroy the Hellfire Club for good right? Did she do that? Did she keep her word to Rogue and the Xmen?
    She did iin it's entirety. She took all it's money and sent folders of evidence to the police with the crimes of all the remaining members. For all purposes the Hellfire is destroyed. And reborh into we don't know what yet. She could rename it MSF

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think you have to look at it from when Bunn left her to where she is now. She had to reconcile IvX to somehow give her a place where she can pivot back to being a hero. And Bunn kind of started that after his mess but here she did take down the Hellfire Club and all its inner circle and use it as an entity to help mutants. Yes she omitted the last bit of her plan to the X-Men. But the reason they don't come knocking on the door is because she hasn't done anything bad as leader of the hellfire club yet.

Also I'm pretty sure the ending was decided by editors before she started writing
    I don’t think this helps her pivot, or even changes the status quo for her from the Blue run. Hell, it probably worsens the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I don’t think this helps her pivot, or even changes the status quo for her from the Blue run. Hell, it probably worsens the status quo.
    Depends on the next writer. The Hellfire Club can operate in ways the X-Men won't under current leadership. Also xforce should be made redundant now

Emma really should have taken Elias Bogans title as he was Lord Imperial

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No surprise here...we were all shown Emma to be taking over the leadership of the HFC with a single image of Emma sitting on a throne with hellfire masks strewn at her feet in the back of some comics a few months ago.
    Personally, as the new Black King, I'm quite intrigued to see where they take the character moving forward. She's back to being in a position of ultimate wealth, power and influence, except now she has no rivals. (I loved HFC-Frost more so than X-Man-Emma). Playing "X-Man in Love" was interesting for a while but it's nice to see her back as HBIC who answers to no one.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

She did iin it's entirety. She took all it's money and sent folders of evidence to the police with the crimes of all the remaining members. For all purposes the Hellfire is destroyed. And reborh into we don't know what yet. She could rename it MSF
    the fact there she took the mantle as the black king means it's still functioning as it was always intended.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No surprise here...we were all shown Emma to be taking over the leadership of the HFC with a single image of Emma sitting on a throne with hellfire masks strewn at her feet in the back of some comics a few months ago.
    Personally, as the new Black King, I'm quite intrigued to see where they take the character moving forward. She's back to being in a position of ultimate wealth, power and influence, except now she has no rivals. (I loved HFC-Frost more so than X-Man-Emma). Playing "X-Man in Love" was interesting for a while but it's nice to see her back as HBIC who answers to no one.
    Judging by what they have coming up it'll be a long while just like Psylocke's switch back. This happened, but there's also all these crossover things coming up that she isn't tied to, so it's a bit of a holding pattern.

At least she got a one-off book. That's more than some other Xmen can say.

Depends on the next writer. The Hellfire Club can operate in ways the X-Men won't under current leadership. Also xforce should be made redundant now
    I don’t think she would have needed to do this if she wanted to form her own team. She’s in the same spot she was before, with no real change, beyond money. And that’s assuming the others accept her letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Judging by what they have coming up it'll be a long while just like Psylocke's switch back. This happened, but there's also all these crossover things coming up that she isn't tied to, so it's a bit of a holding pattern.

At least she got a one-off book. That's more than some other Xmen can say.
    Yupp. That's one of the many reasons why I hate the whole Disassembled and AoXM arcs. They just seem to take time away from other more interesting stories that could be told. I wish they had just done a "hard" relaunch and moved forward.

...at least there is that.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

When did Shaw start being written as abusive towards Emma? Fraction? They seemed to care about each other in Claremont's run.

Also, is he supposed to dead at the end of the issue?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I don’t think she would have needed to do this if she wanted to form her own team. She’s in the same spot she was before, with no real change, beyond money. And that’s assuming the others accept her letter.
    The Xmen have no reason to go after her. They helped take down some bad guys and in doing so left Emma on her own to run things. she didn't do anything except remove a threat to the Xmen.

It seems like the Xmen will pretty much abandon any attempts to work with her, but it doesn't seem like she would need to be a villain in the sense of fighting the Xmen.

Like PsychoFrost said...it depends on the next writer...IF anyone picks up this storyline, but with everything else Marvel seems to want to do maybe she'll just fade into the background for a few years.

I'm not talking about the future. I'm simply talking about what happened in the pages of this book. She said she was going to destroy the Hellfire Club for good right? Did she do that? Did she keep her word to Rogue and the Xmen?
    And I'm talking about the present, about the comic that we both read. Again, I'm not a 100% in favor of her betraying of the X-Men, but then again the reasons why she did so at least are not evil, and I know that because the ending read that way.

the fact there she took the mantle as the black king means it's still functioning as it was always intended.
    Not it doesn't. Emma said it herself that the reason why she decided to actually take control of the HFC instead of destroying it was because of change. Right now you're just assuming things, just like you said that Emma taking control of the Hellfire Club was part of her selfish agenda, which it isn't.

Like maybe in the future Marvel will decided that Emma is going to use the HFC as means to, IDK, capture and sell Mutants and bath in the profit, in which you would be correct, but as of right now it's just not the case.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 10-31-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Unfortunately, a lot (if not all) of the OOC "reprehensible deeds"/character assassinations can be laid at the hands of the writers (not all of them) who took charge after Claremont left. I would say Frhacktion is at the top of that list.

No. Not dead but severely wounded and in a coma.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-31-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Shaw and Hellfire Club's continuity is a mess.

Shaw: I'm not exactly sure what happened after Fractions run, but he joined Gen Hope (double ugh), and then was on Emma's side for Secret War and now we are here? Was he apart of Bunn's Hellfire Club with Monet... how did that end?

What happened to the Hellfire Club kids from Wolverine and the X-Men?

Seriously Marvel needs to stop with this careless writing, editing, etc.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The Xmen have no reason to go after her. They helped take down some bad guys and in doing so left Emma on her own to run things. she didn't do anything except remove a threat to the Xmen.

It seems like the Xmen will pretty much abandon any attempts to work with her, but it doesn't seem like she would need to be a villain in the sense of fighting the Xmen.

Like PsychoFrost said...it depends on the next writer...IF anyone picks up this storyline, but with everything else Marvel seems to want to do maybe she'll just fade into the background for a few years.
    They may not have a reason to go after her, but if the letter was received well, they would be less likely to work with her again. And I don’t see how leading the Hellfire Club or what remains of it makes her anymore likely to be with the X-men again.