Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I do say that Emma sending all the X-Men gift baskets was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Also, is he supposed to dead at the end of the issue?
    I'm not sure. She teases him about making him absorb energy until he explodes and the last shot of him is his body with his head conspicuously off-panel and some red splotches, but I think he's fine?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    And I'm talking about the present, about the comic that we both read. Again, I'm not a 100% in favor of her betraying of the X-Men, but then again the reasons why she did so at least are not evil, and I know that because the ending read that way.

Not it doesn't Emma said it herself that the reason why she decided to actually take control of the HFC instead of destroying it was because of change. Right now you're just assuming things, just like you said that Emma taking control of the Hellfire Club was part of her selfish agenda, which it isn't.

Like maybe in the future Marvel will decided that Emma is going to use the HFC as means to, IDK, capture and sell Mutants and bath in the profit, in which you would be correct, but as of right now it's just not the case.
    I doubt some people actually read the book and I'm sure they didn't buy it. It sounds like Emma screwed the xmen over, but she didn't. They all toppled the old regime of the HFC and since she was an Xman maybe she'll take it in a new direction. That's what Leah was saying and it's honestly nice to have feedback/explanation by the author and their intentions because it crushes speculation as to what was implied.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

And I'm talking about the present, about the comic that we both read. Again, I'm not a 100% in favor of her betraying of the X-Men, but then again the reasons why she did so at least are not evil, and I know that because the ending read that way.

Not it doesn't. Emma said it herself that the reason why she decided to actually take control of the HFC instead of destroying it was because of change. Right now you're just assuming things, just like you said that Emma taking control of the Hellfire Club was part of her selfish agenda, which it isn't.

Like maybe in the future Marvel will decided that Emma is going to use the HFC as means to, IDK, capture and sell Mutants and bath in the profit, in which you would be correct, but as of right now it's just not the case.
    who said anything about her intentions being evil. I simply said she betrayed the xmen again for her own selfish reasons. none of that is false.

it doesnt matter why she decided to not destroy it in the end, the reasons she told the xmen she was doing what she was going to do didnt occur. and again, it doesnt matter what she may do in the future. I'm only speaking to the events that happened in this issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I simply said she betrayed the xmen again for her own selfish reasons. none of that is false.
    But it is? The way the ending was put I don't see how her taking of the HFC was because of selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I doubt some people actually read the book and I'm sure they didn't buy it. It sounds like Emma screwed the xmen over, but she didn't. They all toppled the old regime of the HFC and since she was an Xman maybe she'll take it in a new direction. That's what Leah was saying and it's honestly nice to have feedback/explanation by the author and their intentions because it crushes speculation as to what was implied.
    The way the ending read, her talking about change and also taking the mantle of the Black King, it looks like she will actually change the HFC for good. But we will have to wait and see if this is addressed or if Emma appears anywhere else in the future.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 10-31-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

But it is? The way the ending was put I don't see how her taking of the HFC was because of selfish reasons.
    answer this simple question: did emma do what she told rogue she was going to do when she asked for the xmen help?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I didn't enjoy this cause it was too typical. So Emma betrays the X-Men again? They look so dumb for trusting her again. I suppose it does set up an interesting status quo for her though, depending on the direction future writers choose to take. But the character has exhausted me. Her characterization and history is all over the place. Someone needs to sit down and map out who she is supposed to be.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I do think that was the point of this book going forward...a chance to "map out who she is supposed to be". And not necessarily by her convoluted history (some of which obviously remains in tact, like it or not) but by her potential future. I see it as another opportunity to start afresh as she did when she first joined the X-men to lead Generation X...to redefine herself (and Goddess knows she needed this) and her position in the world.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-31-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I didn't enjoy this cause it was too typical. So Emma betrays the X-Men again? They look so dumb for trusting her again. I suppose it does set up an interesting status quo for her though, depending on the direction future writers choose to take. But the character has exhausted me. Her characterization and history is all over the place. Someone needs to sit down and map out who she is supposed to be.
    to be fair my friend a lot of characters' characterization are all over the place but I do agree this was typical. a few emma fans called this out in the preview thread last week.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    answer this simple question: did emma do what she told rogue she was going to do when she asked for the xmen help?
    No, and I agreed on you on that, but that's not even what I'm debating with you, you're talking about the Club not changing and her doing it solely because of her own selfish reasons, that's the part I'm saying is simply not true.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 10-31-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

I liked it, Hope Emma becomes better then Talia minus the killing of her child.

I think her taking control doesn't mean she is evil, she is back at being in a gray area.

No, and I agreed on you on that, but that's not even what I'm debating with you, you're talking about the Club not changing and her doing it solely because of her own selfish reasons, that's the part I'm saying is simply not true.
    The club was supposed to be destroyed. Not changed from one thing to another thing. That is not what Emma said she was going there to do is my point. That is why it's selfish. She wanted the Hellfire club for herself to do with it as she pleases.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't mind she's in all black I just wish Bachalo's design work wasn't so fekking lazy...A new identity for herself and new direction for the HFC and...the same old cropped bustier, off-the-shoulder cape and leggings, in black. Seriously? That was the most disappointing thing about this book.

Black King Emma screams FABULUSH DRAMA! and all we get is retread thrift-shop seconds.

I just read the issue and I really enjoyed it. I think the writer did a great job with Emma here. As some of you, I love Emma as the X-man and as a teacher. I like her best as a reformed bad guy who works with the good guys but has her own style of handling business. Emma is a layered and complex character, and we see that here. You can tell the writer is a fan. I miss Emma being an X-man and even being in a leadership position, but who knows what can happen in the future. Perhaps one day she can rejoin with the X-men and make amends (a frequent trope ...the ongoing redemption story).

This is a real fun schism!

Rogue and Emma <3

Marvel DONT is a joke calm down.

While I would have preferred Emma back with the team where she belongs, this was a great issue, Bachalo killed it on art, great dialogue, the bit with the X-Men in Wal-Mart was simply fantastic.
    there isn't much room growth with her new status quo unless Emma and the Hellfire Club get their own book, Emma will get backstabbed by some geek who will in turn hand club back over to Shaw off panel again.
    I don't want to see Emma have to grovel at the feet of the X-Men for help again.

Oh and Apocalypse was cool too, missed a major opportunity to give him a fresh new costume, The Big A is looking more and more dated, but tearing down and building him back up was great idea.