Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    answer this simple question: did emma do what she told rogue she was going to do when she asked for the xmen help?
    That's not your original statement. You included the word 'selfish' when the writer of the book herself said that Emma's goal here is to take over the organisation and divert its resources to helping mutant kind, and not take over the world.

So the answer to your actual question is a solid no. She did not betray the X-Men for selfish reasons, she did it to gain access to a platform for the greater good. That is not selfish.

That said, with the two issues released today Leah has shown again that she knows how to write a short, quick, and good X-Men story that's deeply interested in using its characters nuances, long and convoluted history. Now I want to see her do a run. Give her a book! Be it Emma (I'd die for it but I know it's not likely) or a team, she should be writing an X-Book, not an X-Issue.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    That's not your original statement. You included the word 'selfish' when the writer of the book herself said that Emma's goal here is to take over the organisation and divert its resources to helping mutant kind, and not take over the world.

So the answer to your actual question is a solid no. She did not betray the X-Men for selfish reasons, she did it to gain access to a platform for the greater good. That is not selfish.
    if her intentions were for pure and altruistic reasons why not say that to rogue. regardless of her reasons she lied again and until she uses that platform as said by the writer the verdict is still out. on the surface and looking at this issue she did this to propagate whatever agenda she wants to push which makes it selfish.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I honestly feel like I wasted ten dollars on X-Men Black Emma Frost. Not happy with the ending at all on top of my shitty day
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I honestly feel like I wasted ten dollars on X-Men Black Emma Frost. Not happy with the ending at all on top of my shitty day
    I'm sorry to hear u had a bad day I hope things get better 4u.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear u had a bad day I hope things get better 4u.
    Thank you so much I sincerely appreciate it right about now. Just dealing with unexpected drama with my bestfriend/roommate
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Thank you so much I sincerely appreciate it right about now. Just dealing with unexpected drama with my bestfriend/roommate
    you're welcome beloved. stay encouraged.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

GREAT

This was WAY better than I thought it'd be

The preview was SO misleading and thank god

It would have made no sense to make a "BLACK" one shot for EF to just rejoin the XMen.

This is really, really good! Not a giant fan of Shaw dying or the way he got portrayed but well that's a sacrifice for the glory of this ending

I also noticed similarities between how EF used her mutation and how RD/Mystique used hers in her BLACK one-shot. Like casual walking around and causing mayhem all around them.

Really looking forward to now and curious who else joins her in the HFC
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

if her intentions were for pure and altruistic reasons why not say that to rogue. regardless of her reasons she lied again and until she uses that platform as said by the writer the verdict is still out. on the surface and looking at this issue she did this to propagate whatever agenda she wants to push which makes it selfish.
    Because in what world would Emma saying 'I'm doing this to get control of the organisations resources' lead to a group of X-Men who currently distrust her helping her out like she wanted, despite the fact that she'd use them to do good? You see rogue signing off on giving Emma more millions and an army of followers even if she knew she'd use it to start mutant schools around the world like Leah said she wrote this envisioning she would?
    Emma has always been morally grey, she lied to do good. It's.. what she does. Lying in itself =/= a selfish act.

I think it’s interesting that Leah pointed out how Rogue reacted to Emma at the end:

From one of her Tumblr asks: “oh, I’m sure, but to be specific about the tags on that post I mean their reactions to what happens in xmen black: emma frost--i think rogue is going to be the one to first understand why emma does what she does, and the hint of reaction we see from her (like literally it’s one panel) was purposefully ambiguous”

I’m kinda hopeful for a little more of this alliance in future stories.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Because in what world would Emma saying 'I'm doing this to get control of the organisations resources' lead to a group of X-Men who currently distrust her helping her out like she wanted, despite the fact that she'd use them to do good? You see rogue signing off on giving Emma more millions and an army of followers even if she knew she'd use it to start mutant schools around the world like Leah said she wrote this envisioning she would?
    Emma has always been morally grey, she lied to do good. It's.. what she does. Lying in itself =/= a selfish act.
    in what world would the xmen trust her to do what she said after the many times she played them? and again until we see her do "good" the verdict is out on that. all i can say confidently is she played the xmen again which is what I figured would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I think it’s interesting that Leah pointed out how Rogue reacted to Emma at the end:

From one of her Tumblr asks: “oh, I’m sure, but to be specific about the tags on that post I mean their reactions to what happens in xmen black: emma frost--i think rogue is going to be the one to first understand why emma does what she does, and the hint of reaction we see from her (like literally it’s one panel) was purposefully ambiguous”

I’m kinda hopeful for a little more of this alliance in future stories.
    THIS

Rogue was like. I know this will happen.

Im curious how things will turn out. a women lead franchise with Rogue and Emma as leaders of a Public nice mutants Xmen and a reactive team will be glorious

With no weird schism between them just different ways of doings things.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    THIS

Im curious how things will turn out. a women lead franchise with Rogue and Emma as leaders of a Public nice mutants Xmen and a reactive team will be glorious

This would be cool. Let Rogue lead and do stuff, while Kitty does nothing but screw things up as always, and have Rogue's team and Emma's HFC help each other.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    THIS

That’s what Emma fans have been saying since they finished assassinating her in IvX. It always sounds good but amounts to nothing, like this more than likely will.

Taking control of the Hellfire Club doesn’t solve anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I don’t know. At best, it feels like it didn’t progress things, at worst a step back.
    Leah gave Emma an out to finally become a hero again. Whether or not editorial follows up on this is up for question, but I still do think Leah accomplished what she set out to do: Bridge Emma's actions in IvX/Mothervine to the Emma we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    HA! That first Twitter back and forth with Leah is me!
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    What I'm seeing here: Emma DID con the X-Men into getting her what she wanted so they're justified in being angry with her. But I don't think Emma was wrong in saying that it was in their best interests to do so. She may not be an X-Man anymore but they'd ultimately prefer her being on the Hellfire throne then Shaw.
    They are angry, but not "angry" in the sense of IvX or "angry" like Magneto was after IvX/Mothervine. Leah talking about Emma's relationship between the X-Women means that this wasn't a breaking off point. I personally think that the X-Men always knew Emma was gonna do something slick but still helped her because they knew, in the end, her decisions were ultimately altruistic.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Well I hope all writers publish their "intent" along with the book. This just makes it look like bad writing then. I was hyped for this. I actually bought this the day it came out; something I never do anymore. Leah is clearly passionate about the character and has interesting ideas; but her motives, research, and execution was flawed and in many ways contradictions the character. This wasn't cleaning up the mess that was made with IvX its adding to it.
    Oh, the intent was very clear. Leah's come into this position already talking about how she doesn't see Emma as a villain, but someone who isn't afraid to get dirty to reach her goals. And really?????/ A contradiction? In what possible way? When she critiques Shaw for wasting resources in the Hellfire Club, it was clear she was talking about using those same resources for something better. Her spiel to Rogue also blatantly makes it obvious that Emma is going into this mission with the intent to destroy one of mutantkind's most powerful enemies and subvert it for good. She may have betrayed the X-Men, but only because they never would have agreed to do it otherwise. This doesn't sever her relationship with any of the team. This issue most definitely delivered on its promise.

Shaw and Hellfire Club's continuity is a mess.

Shaw: I'm not exactly sure what happened after Fractions run, but he joined Gen Hope (double ugh), and then was on Emma's side for Secret War and now we are here? Was he apart of Bunn's Hellfire Club with Monet... how did that end?

What happened to the Hellfire Club kids from Wolverine and the X-Men?

Seriously Marvel needs to stop with this careless writing, editing, etc.
    Shaw's been a villain since Secret Wars. He overstepped his boundaries during IvX and was a clear-cut villain towards Xorn and his Sleepers. He was a villain in Blue, fighting Magneto during Motherviena in attempting to kill Scott and Jean in the last issue. Leah writing Shaw as this is not contradicting anything.

The kids haven't been a part of the Hellfire Club since 2013.