Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Is Harley Quinn the most skilled fighter in the current DC Universe?

Recent events lead us to believe so.

Should she be? If so why? How does this strengthen her character and the two most prominent DC characters in her life (Batman and Joker)? Does this elevate her on equal footing with them?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But she's so cool and quirky and badass, she left the Joker so you know she's great and strong and awesome and brave and..........

I really don't get the appeal of her away from Joker or Ivy. To me she only works as a co-lead with them, and sometimes that's to much.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quick thinking and unpredictability. All that needs to be said.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

i was about to agree with the title of the thread, but i remembered this...

and this....

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    and this....

Most of that fight he is standing still, that is hilariously stupid. Everyone loves to talk about the NTT but seemed to forget that Slade had trouble taking that group head on. He had to constantly be moving and still got hit hard at points.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    But she's so cool and quirky and badass, she left the Joker so you know she's great and strong and awesome and brave and..........

I really don't get the appeal of her away from Joker or Ivy. To me she only works as a co-lead with them, and sometimes that's to much.
    And she's Lesbian and feminist and a role model.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post

Agree. Sad thing is she was more tolerable with Joker. I loved those two together.

No. Superman was just throwing shade at Batman. Can we nip this **** in the bud before this turns to a rage boner circlejerk?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Writers tend to hype up her unpredictability a lot which was the Jokers trait. The one thing I give Harley was her acrobatics which did make her nimble but other than that the writing is always in her favor, ALWAYS.

Does she still have super-human strength and reflexes that add to her acrobatics? That was how she was introduced in the DCU, no? (I think I've only ever read one story with her since then)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Does she still have super-human strength and reflexes that add to her acrobatics? That was how she was introduced in the DCU, no? (I think I've only ever read one story with her since then)
    She wasn't introduced like that, she got that way later. And I don't think if that's still canon post-Flashpoint.

Spectacular Member

no she is not

Deathstroke at least has some excuse, with his serum and own "prep time" wank.

Harley? She's just a psycho clown girl that Ivy made immune to most poisons. Being "unpredictable" shouldn't matter to the Trinity when they've each dealt with the unpredictable multiple times.