Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

The way I read it? Superman was upset because Batman lied to him about having kryptonite in his belt. He teases him about something he knows he'll react to. It's why Wonder Woman says "Boys. Not the time", like a mom scolding her children, because they were both acting childish. Harley didn't even really escape from them; Superman had eyes on her the whole time, until being distracted by Booster and Flash.

Hell, you could go a bit farther and infer that Batman already knows Harley didn't do it because he's proven himself to be a big fat liar.

The argument that this book's tone is serious is ridiculous since it has Booster Gold and Harley as the main characters. There's been a bunch of jokes in just the two issues already. She played cards with a penguin for God's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrant View Post
    The way I read it? Superman was upset because Batman lied to him about having kryptonite in his belt. He teases him about something he knows he'll react to. It's why Wonder Woman says "Boys. Not the time", like a mom scolding her children, because they were both acting childish. Harley didn't even really escape from them; Superman had eyes on her the whole time, until being distracted by Booster and Flash.

Hell, you could go a bit farther and infer that Batman already knows Harley didn't do it because he's proven himself to be a big fat liar.

The argument that this book's tone is serious is ridiculous since it has Booster Gold and Harley as the main characters. There's been a bunch of jokes in just the two issues already. She played cards with a penguin for God's sake.
    I don't understand why Batman would even bother lying to Superman about having Krytonite in the first place, or why Superman would be angry about it. The only reason Batman has it is because Superman gave it to him in case of an emergency. https://imgur.com/a/RJpebl0 He doesn't have it on him because he thinks Superman is suddenly going to become evil and is just waiting for it to happen because he doesn't trust him. He has it on him all the time in case of things like mind control and brainwashing. Which are pretty common occurrences in the DCU and Superman is well aware of this. It's meant to represent the huge amount of trust and respect between them yet it's treated as a negative thing which I just don't understand. Batman may have trust issues and be inherently skeptical of others, but he's not some paranoid nut waiting for all his friends to betray him.
    Last edited by Batknight; 11-01-2018 at 04:48 PM.

They should change the name of the company to HQ Comics.

Harley Quinn means High Quality Comics.

Not joking.

At all.

I do love Harley though.
    Batman - Daredevil

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    no she is not
    Imo she's not even close to top ten

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    I don't understand why Batman would even bother lying to Superman about having Krytonite in the first place, or why Superman would be angry about it. The only reason Batman has it is because Superman gave it to him in case of an emergency. https://imgur.com/a/RJpebl0 He doesn't have it on him because he thinks Superman is suddenly going to become evil and is just waiting for it to happen because he doesn't trust him. He has it on him all the time in case of things like mind control and brainwashing. Which are pretty common occurrences in the DCU and Superman is well aware of this. It's meant to represent the huge amount of trust and respect between them yet it's treated as a negative thing which I just don't understand. Batman may have trust issues and be inherently skeptical of others, but he's not some paranoid nut waiting for all his friends to betray him.
    I didn't understand it either, he's Batman of course he had krptonite in his belt. They know how Bruce operates by now.

Deleted comment
    Last edited by lucius121; 11-02-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I didn't understand it either, he's Batman of course he had krptonite in his belt. They know how Bruce operates by now.
    That didn't bug me as much as the fact that Superman didn't simply say "So, what's the deal with the lead-lined pouch in the belt?"(In this specific context)

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Syrant View Post

Bingo. Bat's lied to Supes so Supes busted his chops a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I don't know her history besides her being a psychiatrist so I have no idea where she get her super agility, strength and fighting skills.
    This is a big question. It isn't as big of a problem if she is running around Gotham, especially when used as a joke character, but someone that has very little actual training seems to be given a lot of leeway with her ability.

She actually trained with the Amazons for a while, however I’m not sure if that’s still in canon?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That didn't bug me as much as the fact that Superman didn't simply say "So, what's the deal with the lead-lined pouch in the belt?"(In this specific context)
    he also uses them to keep high powered explosives.

Incredible Member

Because Tom King doesn't bother to understand any character that he writes he just changes whatever to fit his nonsensical narrative.

All-New Member

I'm with you all the way there. I mean, I guess he wouldn't tell Clark exactly where it is, since that might work against Bruce if Clark turned, but I don't think he'd necessarily lie to him. More like..grunt or give him a "Hm."

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Where would Harley's physical skills come from anyway? She spent her youth training to be a psychiatrist.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Real world popularity it seems translates into comic super powers. Harley is the 2nd most powerful character in DC currently. if BOP out performs infinity Wars then she might very well become better than batman.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Real world popularity it seems translates into comic super powers. Harley is the 2nd most powerful character in DC currently. if BOP out performs infinity Wars then she might very well become better than batman.
    2nd most popular character? She's more popular than Wonder Woman and Superman?! If this is true (and I have my doubts) DC needs to push her harder.

There isn't a snowballs chance in H.E. (double hockey sticks) that B.O.P outperforms Infinity Wars
    The J-man