Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Real world popularity it seems translates into comic super powers. Harley is the 2nd most powerful character in DC currently. if BOP out performs infinity Wars then she might very well become better than batman.
    is this a joke post cuz if u r serious it's trolling.

Extraordinary Member

Damn, now I want see Harley vs Val Armorr!

Skilled fighter... naw. Harley should at most be a low level meta with heightened agility and hand eye coordination. Like Trinity from the Matrix but ya know crazy

Real world popularity it seems translates into comic super powers. Harley is the 2nd most powerful character in DC currently. if BOP out performs infinity Wars then she might very well become better than batman.
    BOP outperforming Infinity War will never happen, ever.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Astonishing Member

Real world popularity it seems translates into comic super powers. Harley is the 2nd most powerful character in DC currently.
    Harley just might be the most popular DCEU character. Only appeared once onscreen but there's a bevy of projects involving Harley https://cosmicbook.news/harley-quinn...year-paul-dini

Birds of Prey

Suicide Squad

Gotham City Sirens

Harley and Joker

Possible Harley solo movie

Not counting the sequels of these movies should they prove profitable

DCEU is Harley. FYI I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Harley just might be the most popular DCEU character. Only appeared once onscreen but there's a bevy of projects involving Harley https://cosmicbook.news/harley-quinn...year-paul-dini

DCEU is Harley. FYI I don't get it.
    Nah. I'd say that within the DCEU Harley doesn't hold a candle against Wonder Woman. The only reason Harley Quinn has so many film projects associated with her was that there was no single clear route for how to use her character in future movies, and different groups within WB seems to have been frantically working on developing their own movies.

(A search for videos on Google with the terms "Wonder Woman DCEU" and "Harley Quinn DCEU" gave 235k for Wonder Woman and 54k for Harley Quinn. The proportion isn't as large for general links, but still is more than 2:1 in Wonder Woman's favour.)

Double post.
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-02-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    BOP outperforming Infinity War will never happen, ever.
    That's pretty much my point. Harley will never to better than the Bat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Nah. I'd say that within the DCEU Harley doesn't hold a candle against Wonder Woman. The only reason Harley Quinn has so many film projects associated with her was that there was no single clear route for how to use her character in future movies, and different groups within WB seems to have been frantically working on developing their own movies.

(A search for videos on Google with the terms "Wonder Woman DCEU" and "Harley Quinn DCEU" gave 235k for Wonder Woman and 54k for Harley Quinn. The proportion isn't as large for general links, but still is more than 2:1 in Wonder Woman's favour.)
    True, first Suicide Squad now BOP and then there is speculation about Sirens and the Joker team up. For a character supposedly so popular she sure needs every pre established brand to keep existing.

Astonishing Member

I agree with what you wrote. But the DCEU is pushing Harley whether the GA wants her or not. 4-5 projects involving her. There's a chance it will be a 4 year gap between her first appearance onscreen till 2020. Then a massive influx if those projects pan out plus potential sequels. Insanity for a character that made moderate waves onscreen. I'm honestly confused about Warner Brothers hard on for Harley.

Incredible Member

A regular nurse with zero training vs a professional MMA fighter who trained his whole life in the ring. Comic book logic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I agree with what you wrote. But the DCEU is pushing Harley whether the GA wants her or not. 4-5 projects involving her. There's a chance it will be a 4 year gap between her first appearance onscreen till 2020. Then a massive influx if those projects pan out plus potential sequels. Insanity for a character that made moderate waves onscreen. I'm honestly confused about Warner Brothers hard on for Harley.
    The GA want's her, most comic fans have been soured by her due to the fact that DC comics have been pushing her over recent years, but the GA probably still do.

Makes sense for WB to focus on one of the DCEU characters to actually manage to strike a cord with the audience. (By cord I mean "popularity")
    Last edited by Flashback; 11-03-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    True, first Suicide Squad now BOP and then there is speculation about Sirens and the Joker team up. For a character supposedly so popular she sure needs every pre established brand to keep existing.
    That's bringing it too far, I think. I think when Margo Robbie wanted Harley Quinn to appear in team movies she had the right intuition: Harley works best when she appears together with other characters; it definitely is true in the way that she plays her. It's not like Birds of Prey or Gotham City Sirens or Suicide Squad are big brands anyway, more pre-packaged sets of heroes and storylines ready to be put together.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    The GA want's her, most comic fans have been soured by her due to the fact that DC comics have been pushing her over recent years, but the GA probably still do.

Makes sense for WB to focus on one of the DCEU characters to actually manage to strike a cord with the audience. (By cord I mean "popularity")
    On the other hand, sometimes I feel there is an element of it's popular, now it sucks in how some people approach Harley Quinn on this board.

DC aren't pushing Harley Quinn for no reason: they push her because she has proven to be a popular character that moves books.
    Last edited by kjn; 11-03-2018 at 03:33 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

DC aren't pushing Harley Quinn for no reason: they push her because she has proven to be a popular character that moves books.
    I wish people understood this more. For example, reality programs can push their product to their hearts' content, yet I'm still not going to watch it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

That's pretty much my point. Harley will never to better than the Bat.
    Never say never, but Harley doesn't have anywhere near the iconic points Bruce has at this point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?