View Poll Results: Should Christian Frost become the new White Queen?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! All hail Queen Christian Frost!

30 56.60%
  • No! Make Emma Frost Great Again!

23 43.40%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    who are the current rook, knight, bishop?
    This is why I want to see a Hellfire Club title that follows the third path Emma is championing. I would LOVE to get three main X-Titles - one following those who believe in Xaviers dream, one following Magneto and his new Brotherhood, and one following Emma and the new HFC. Show us all three perspectives, in their own words and actions, but also show us how the other two perspectives view them. Let us ride along for the mistakes made by each perspective as they search for progress, the reasoning behind this or that action taken, the mindset of those who follow - and lead - each path. Let us see the rise and growth of the new HFC, complete with new and surprising faces joining each one.

I don't need another X-Force, or New Mutants, or three Wolverine solo titles (Does ANYONE need three separate Wolverine titles? Does anyone even still LIKE Wolverine, except for tweenagers who think stabby claws and a shitty attitude are cool super powers?)...but I would love to see the occasional mini series - with a clear goal and purpose - focus on this or that solo arc, or this or that team mission. Make the crossovers based on clashes of culture between the three paths, not JUST the latest mutant genocide.
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-02-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    A few of us have said we find it offensive and instead of hearing what we have to say you act like we're wrong and continue to be even more offensive.

Hypocritical intolerant B.S.
    As the OP I was not thinking there would be this much heat over the topic. No one, fictional or otherwise, was ever even directly called a Queen. I can't speak for others but I don't believe I have been hypocritical. All I can do is listen, learn, and agree to disagree (if and when it applies). I continue to learn and grow everyday and hope that never ends. I've certainly evolved on this topic over the years. This is comic books, I don't take this too seriously. So much can be lost in written context without getting any emotional expression of tone/intent. I'm happy to further discuss with you or anyone else if you feel the need. DM might be best if that is the case. I personally would never have hurt feelings over something like this, I rarely get hurt feelings anymore when people call me that or much worse in real life much less from someone I don't really know online on a board about fictitious characters. Taking things with a grain of salt, picking your battles, and agreeing to disagree can go a long way. Zinderel has been great about laying it all out I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I do agree that, in the hands of a straight man, this would likely NOT be as harmlessly silly. But since it's just a silly thought exercise by a gay fan, I see no harm in fun.

I think we, as a community, need to stop attacking and cannibalizing our own for offenses we would take personally coming from non-queer folks. Dividing ourselves over semantics isn't helpful to ANYONE. If you are offended by 'queer' or 'queen' because you have been targeted with it as a slur, I understand and am sorry you had that happen to you. I have been there, myself. BELIEVE me.

But many, many of us are NOT offended when those words are used by others in the community, and many, many of us use those terms with great affection amongst ourselves. And we deserve to be able to speak freely, without having to worry that someone might overhear us and hate us for not talking the way they want us to talk, or being ways they don't want us to be. Right? Isn't that the POINT of LGBT+ liberation? We have, most of us, earned that right by being targets ourselves and not letting it damage us by reclaiming the slurs and wearingbthem with pride. Just because I CAN pass for straight if I am cautious doesn't mean I have never been verbally or physically assaulted for my queerness. Just because I can sass with slang with the best of us and embrace my non-heteronormative peers doesn't mean I don't have more to learn, going forward.

I just...getting offended over off-handed banter between 'family' is, to me, about the same as accusing a person of sexual harassment that you just overheard telling a dirty joke in the breakroom. If it isn't directed at you - or anyone else - as a slur, maybe let it roll off your back like water off a duck? We are not attacking you with words, we are not targeting you for discrimination. We are just having fun with 'family', tossing out slang and lingo, and fanboying over a fictional character and what could be, if everyone was a little less uptight about sexuality and self-expression.

Basically, not everything is worth getting offended over, we need to be wise and pick our battles to make sure we don't devalue our communal cause. Unfortunately for everyone, getting offended at the drop of a hat just makes people less likely to take ACTUAL offenses seriously.

Just my two cents.
    You've been great at articulating this. Thank you.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

I'd buy those 3 books in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    I'd buy those 3 books in a heartbeat.
    Right!? Three core books, with consistent creative teams that don't change after 6 issues, focusing on long-form storytelling (an art that comic books seem to have forgotten about in the face of the profits from multiple half-planned events every year that interrupt and destroy an sense of continuity) that deals with the world, mutantkind's place in the world, and the various warring sects who believe they have it right.

Then you have regular mini and maxi series detailing, say, the X-Men coming into conflict with Apocalypse. Rather than destroy the flow of the core three titles, you allow the story to play out in a separate title that all three core books DEAL WITH, but not in such a way that it destroys the world and the storyline buildups occuring therein. Think of how they took their time building up to the (ultimately disappointing) Onslaught arc. All we got at first was a name, on Sentinel programming computers. Then we had Juggernaut land in New York, punched across the continent and only uttering the name before stumbling off in terror. And so on, until finally, we got the payoff, which could have been so much better had they just allowed Onslaught to BE Xavier gone over to the dark, instead of chickening out and making it some wierd hybrid of Magneto and Xaviers wickedness made physical. I mean, sure, eventually he would come back and be good ol' Professor X again, eventually, but his name would have a tarnish going forward that was EARNED, not the result of multiple crappy retcons..

Bring back the Notes from the Editor boxes, with the old, "For more information on Apocalypse's plot, see X-Men: Apocalypse Rising #4, in stores now!" This can allow for an X-Factor Investigations series which digs into the disappearance of several less notable mutants from all over the world, remains tightly plotted and self sufficient without meandering in the end, but ties into the ongoing plotlines. Or an Excalibur series that deals with Emma opening a new HFC London Branch and the various movers and shakers working to help or hinder. Or a gritty, assassination plot in which a team of warriors seeks to stop Magneto's latest assault only to find that he is actually trying to stem a Brood invasion of Latveria or...

And through it all, more effort at race, gender and sexuality representation and diversity - not 'forced' but presented organically thanks to the longform storytelling of the core three titles.

At least, that's what I would want to do if I was EiC...

Edit: Anyway, enough of me derailing with fantasies. LOL. Back to the potentially fabulous Christian Frost!
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-02-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    This is why I want to see a Hellfire Club title that follows the third path Emma is championing. I would LOVE to get three main X-Titles - one following those who believe in Xaviers dream, one following Magneto and his new Brotherhood, and one following Emma and the new HFC. Show us all three perspectives, in their own words and actions, but also show us how the other two perspectives view them. Let us ride along for the mistakes made by each perspective as they search for progress, the reasoning behind this or that action taken, the mindset of those who follow - and lead - each path. Let us see the rise and growth of the new HFC, complete with new and surprising faces joining each one.

I don't need another X-Force, or New Mutants, or three Wolverine solo titles (Does ANYONE need three separate Wolverine titles? Does anyone even still LIKE Wolverine, except for tweenagers who think stabby claws and a shitty attitude are cool super powers?)...but I would love to see the occasional mini series - with a clear goal and purpose - focus on this or that solo arc, or this or that team mission. Make the crossovers based on clashes of culture between the three paths, not JUST the latest mutant genocide.
    I like this too but I don't think it needs to be quite as regimented as you lay out

But I'm not sure enough fans would be as into the whole philosophical component of the stories as we are

Unfortunately

Like it requires a certain ambiguity and open mindedness, and capacity to tolerate clashing opinions, not tons of folks have that... I've encountered lots of fans who will instinctively and viscerally "draw the line" and react against characters in a very strong and absolute way due to some action. I think that is more the norm

Also lots of fans use comics just to "escape" and want something maybe more light hearted as it were without needing to analyze or consider right and wrong so much or what it could represent
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-03-2018 at 12:37 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

OMG! Yes to that...and he looks hot in that outfit!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Rule 63 Emma Frost by Joe Phillips. Good choice. XD