View Poll Results: Should Christian Frost become the new White Queen?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! All hail Queen Christian Frost!

30 56.60%
  • No! Make Emma Frost Great Again!

23 43.40%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uh if a dude calls another dude Queen I'd assume they're gay. Lol why would a person get mad
    We've deduced before that you're fine making assumptions when you presume it's appropriate to, so this isn't very enlightening.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm and Magneto once jointly held the position of White King. The titles are not reflections of biological sex. There were female pharaohs, in antiquity, for example, who even wore the traditional false beards and other accoutrements.

It's just how I view it dude. My preference would be for him not to be White Queen.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

They're just pieces on a chestboard. If you're playing chess, the queen is actually the most powerful piece in the game. Not playing that piece would be a silly move, even if you are male.

Also, to be clear, I think the HFC, Emma, and Christian aren't very interesting characters/concepts in practice, and I would gladly see them all in flames; but the idea that title can only be held by a certain gender, I will argue.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Also, to be clear, I think the HFC, Emma, and Christian aren't very interesting characters/concepts in practice, and I would gladly see them all in flames; but the idea that title can only be held by a certain gender, I will argue.
    I think it's more the "Let's make the gay dude the Queen, hyuk hyuk" mentality that some people have a slight problem with.

Totally original and crafty, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I think it's more the "Let's make the gay dude the Queen, hyuk hyuk" mentality that some people have a slight problem with.
    I get that too, and it is silly, like most executions of these concepts, as I said before. But, Storm was already White King, so canon shows gender[and race for that matter] doesn't matter[in regards to these titles]. Even if a gay male 'White Queen' is pedantic dribble, I'll defend its right to exist.

BANNED

I get that too, and it is silly, like most executions of these concepts, as I said before. But, Storm was already White King, so canon shows gender[and race for that matter] doesn't matter[in regards to these titles]. Even if a gay male 'White Queen' is pedantic dribble, I'll defend its right to exist.
    Eh, I'd go more with "reductive", but to each their own.

Eh, I'd go more with "reductive", but to each their own.
    Pedantic in the sense of 'dull, uninspired'.

BANNED

Pedantic in the sense of 'dull, uninspired'.
    Oh, okay. Yeah. We're agreed then.

Oh, okay. Yeah. We're agreed then.

We've deduced before that you're fine making assumptions when you presume it's appropriate to, so this isn't very enlightening.
    nice Deducing skills....

Lol some reason
    geez I you'd think we wouldn't give too much weight to words
    Especially gender specific ones
    buuuuuuut
    Here.
    We .
    Are.

As an atypical queer man who can pass as straight until I'm somewhere I feel comfortable and my mouth opens and glitter flies everywhere, I find the idea of a silly joke like "The former White Queen/current Black King has a gay brother, and it would be great if he became the new White Queen!" to be pretty much the height of inoffensive.

First, it's a joke. And even if it's not entirely a joke, it's still humorous to THIS gay man.
    Second, Christian Frost taking Emma's old title is a legacy post and I approve of more legacy characters in Marvel.
    Third, if ANY comic family is gonna take joy in f***ing with gender norms and social conventions about sex and sexuality, it's the Frosts.
    Fouth, Christian is fictional and literally cannot be offended by it unless a writer decides he is. For all we know, he's a screaming queen who self-immolates when he sees a fashion faux pas. For all we know, he's a Log Cabin Republican. We just don't know enough to know if he would be offended by it, so let's all chill down some...
    Fifth, Christian is in no position to take over ANY leadership role at this point in time, from what we've seen.
    Finally, this all just seems like a gay fan (forgive the assumption if I'm wrong) having fun with the possibility of further representation of non-heteronormative sexualities, and seeing other queer fans flying up his ass over semantical differences is just...ridiculous. I'll keep it at 'ridiculous' and call that good.

I am all for the idea of Christian being our new White Queen. I hope he proves to be a non-heteronormative queer man who has been repressed for too long and is free to let his freak flag fly, and I want to see him interact with - not jump right into dating - Bobby Drake more. I think this would help to flesh him out more as a whole person, not JUST a gay man, not JUST a pawn in Emma's games, not JUST a beloved brother, not JUST a mutant, but ALL of that and more. Also, so we can see for ourselves how he identifies, when he isn't pretending to be his shitty dead father or what he thinks will win his shitty dead father's approval.
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-01-2018 at 09:57 PM.

BANNED

That's a damn sexy 'white queen' but it should be 'white king'.

He's male and not female.

BANNED

IF it were to happen the Xoffices would give it to some straight guy who wouldn't treat it with any respect or understanding of the humour.

Sina Grace is a gay man and it barely works in Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    As an atypical queer man who can pass as straight until I'm somewhere I feel comfortable and my mouth opens and glitter flies everywhere, I find the idea of a silly joke like "The former White Queen/current Black King has a gay brother, and it would be great if he became the new White Queen!" to be pretty much the height of inoffensive.

First, it's a joke. And even if it's not entirely a joke, it's still humorous to THIS gay man.
    Second, Christian Frost taking Emma's old title is a legacy post and I approve of more legacy characters in Marvel.
    Third, if ANY comic family is gonna take joy in f***ing with gender norms and social conventions about sex and sexuality, it's the Frosts.
    Fouth, Christian is fictional and literally cannot be offended by it unless a writer decides he is. For all we know, he's a screaming queen who self-immolates when he sees a fashion faux pas. For all we know, he's a Log Cabin Republican. We just don't know enough to know if he would be offended by it, so let's all chill down some...
    Fifth, Christian is in no position to take over ANY leadership role at this point in time, from what we've seen.
    Finally, this all just seems like a gay fan (forgive the assumption if I'm wrong) having fun with the possibility of further representation of non-heteronormative sexualities, and seeing other queer fans flying up his ass over semantical differences is just...ridiculous. I'll keep it at 'ridiculous' and call that good.

I am all for the idea of Christian being our new White Queen. I hope he proves to be a non-heteronormative queer man who has been repressed for too long and is free to let his freak flag fly, and I want to see him interact with - not jump right into dating - Bobby Drake more. I think this would help to flesh him out more as a whole person, not JUST a gay man, not JUST a pawn in Emma's games, not JUST a beloved brother, not JUST a mutant, but ALL of that and more. Also, so we can see for ourselves how he identifies, when he isn't pretending to be his shitty dead father or what he thinks will win his shitty dead father's approval.
    QFT. Thank you for spelling it out so well.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post

Gosh, this is the best thing in this thread after the actual title and poll. The fact that anyone would take such an obviously tongue-in-cheek thread seriously enough to be offended shows why we can't have nice things. It's a joke, people, let it go!

Though it would make sense for the Frosts to do the "bust gender conventions" thing, Christian was in no state to be given any kind of power, so realistically that's what should be picked up on now. That is, if anyone bothers to touch that plot and doesn't abandon it for another decade.