Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I don't get this Wonder Woman scene from Heroes in Crisis #2

Can someone please explain it to me?

Astonishing Member

I guess it means Diana has some emotional conflicts, because she was exposed to violence from a pretty young age. Also, Diana seems to feel ashamed or guilty, because she avoid that situation.

However, it's a little difficult to understand what's the situation of Hypolita with the lions.

I think King wrote her as someone who would avoid talking about her own problems, prefering to let other people tell theirs.

The moment in her childhood she describes is when she developed that habit.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess it means Diana has some emotional conflicts, because she was exposed to violence from a pretty young age. Also, Diana seems to feel ashamed or guilty, because she avoid that situation.

However, it's a little difficult to understand what's the situation of Hypolita with the lions.
    She’s describing the door handle, it had a lion and an amazon warrior etched into it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    She’s describing the door handle, it had a lion and an amazon warrior etched into it
    Thank you very much for the clarification. I hadn't understand that part.

I think she's speaking about Hercule's assault on Themyscira. At least it's how I read this the first time.

Astonishing Member

This was the most interesting and confusing scene in the comic so far. I'm not sure what she's talking about though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think she's speaking about Hercule's assault on Themyscira. At least it's how I read this the first time.
    No, that happened well before Diana was born.

What totally mystifies me is that Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman all get their butts handed to them by Harley Quinn!

HARLEY. QUINN!

What the hell?!!!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor