Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd start the first movie with May and Jonah Jameson sr married, they're on a dinner table discussing things with Jonah jr (has no reason to sell the Daily Bugle) and Marla Madison Jameson sitting on a dinner table, one of the topics they discuss is Peter's (newly graduated from the Bachelor program of physics) employment.

Marla takes Peter to Professor Morris Sloan of the same college she works in to give him a job in one of the labs, and the good professor is happy to have a bright graduate student like Peter work under his supervision.

The first film antagonist is John Jameson as the Man-Wolf, Peter assists in the process of curing the former astronaut from his ailment after Spider-Man successfully subdues him from causing further havoc.

Jonah Jameson is still his usual critical self when talking about Spider-Man, but he is a bit more lenient this time in appreciation of the man's efforts saving the news man's dear son.

Peter is discrete and preservative of his secret, he is as suave and confident as Peter the way we see him in the best written comics without that extra shyness Sam Raimi presented in his version of the character. Spider-Man cracks jokes when the situation allows for it, when he's upset and is talking to someone he's annoyed of or doesn't like, but he takes saving people and holding back antagonists seriously and maturely.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 12-12-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I'd like the next set of films to be based on a more classic 616 Spider-Man status quo. An elderly Aunt May, 20 something Peter in college and working for JJJ and the Bugle, model/actress Mary Jane established as Peter's LI or confidante, etc. Use that status quo as a jumping off point and tell new stories with character dynamics/relationships already established. Similar to what comic writers might do when starting a new 616 run
    So would this just be a continuation of the MCU status quo?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So would this just be a continuation of the MCU status quo?
    I was thinking more along the lines of a soft reboot rather than a direct continuation. ( Kind of where I was hoping they would take the franchise after the Raimi trilogy).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of a soft reboot rather than a direct continuation. ( Kind of where I was hoping they would take the franchise after the Raimi trilogy).
    They seem to keep writing themselves into corners.
    In the Raimi trilogy, they killed off the five big bad guys and Peter's best friend.
    In the Webb films, they killed off the only person Peter hangs out with.
    The MCU films just unmasked Spider-Man.

I'm not sure you can go with a generic continuation. There are going to be some other questions. Do you recast everyone? Do you make sure that the new cast members are the same ethnicity as the previous portrayers of the characters?
    Do you focus exclusively on new villains? What history does Spider-Man have with characters who have been different in different universes (Does Aunt May have to look like Marisa Tomei? Did Peter work with Jonah or did Peter learn about Jonah's existence when he got outed on TV?)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    They seem to keep writing themselves into corners.
    In the Raimi trilogy, they killed off the five big bad guys and Peter's best friend.
    In the Webb films, they killed off the only person Peter hangs out with.
    The MCU films just unmasked Spider-Man.

I'm not sure you can go with a generic continuation. There are going to be some other questions. Do you recast everyone? Do you make sure that the new cast members are the same ethnicity as the previous portrayers of the characters?
    Do you focus exclusively on new villains? What history does Spider-Man have with characters who have been different in different universes (Does Aunt May have to look like Marisa Tomei? Did Peter work with Jonah or did Peter learn about Jonah's existence when he got outed on TV?)
    The Raimi films would have been relatively easy to do a soft reboot with ( MJ and Peter are implied to have reconciled, May is alive and well, Peter's origins and relationship with the Bugle are well established, etc. Just exclude the Osborns and focus on new villains.) The Webb films would have been far more difficult as a result of the massive cliffhanger it left its audience with. (basically in the middle of The Night Gwen Stacy Died with set-up for a host of villains and the parents storyline.)

I suppose much of this depends on where the third film goes. The second MCU film ended on a dramatic cliffhanger. Hopefully, everything is tied up relatively neatly by the end of the third film.

My point is, in the next trilogy I would reboot but would avoid retelling the 'early years' of Peter Parker again for the fourth time. Just jump right into an older established Spider-Man. The PS4 game is a good example of this. As far as casting goes, I'd prefer something that more closely resembles the classics rather than the MCU-fied version of Peter's supporting cast (whether that means they retool the existing cast and/or recast entirely).
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 12-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Spider-Man: the Clone Trilogy

First movie is loosely based on the original '70s story, although I think I like the idea of the Jackal wanting to bring his daughter back, rather than the "obsessive teacher" thing. Ends with Peter thinking the clone is dead, but the after credits show that the clone lives.

Second movie is essentially the 90s Clone Saga boiled down to its basics: Ben comes back to NYC because of an Aunt May illness or something; we get Ben as Scarlet and Peter as Spidey learning to be brothers, the mystery of Kaine, and a clone of the Jackal suped-up by the Carrion virus.

The final installment utilizes the concept of Abby-L, the Gwen-version of Kaine, who functions as the villain in this one and infects Peter with the Carrion virus early in the film. Ben and Kaine have to put aside their differences to save Peter; in the end, the three of them stop the Gwen clone from infecting all of NYC with the Carrion virus.

-Pav, who just kinda came up with these off the top of his head...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details