Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You're in charge of directing a new Spider-Man trilogy or anthology...

How would you go about it? Let's say that I am directing a new Spider-Man film franchise in the vein of the Avengers films (not really a trilogy or a set anthology), my first three films would be based on the early Spider-Man year (late 60's/mid-early 70's).
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

1.) Foundation Myth (High School) - Rhino, Kingpin, J Jonah Jameson

2.) College Years/Romance Troubles- Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Gwen, Black Cat (the latter pair battle for Peter's & Spider-Man's affections on the sidelines by end of film Gwen becomes Ghost Spider)

3.) Adult/Partnership/Mentor - Kraven, Venom, Miles, Ghost Spider (as Gwen wins out over Felicia for Peter's significant other in the last move)

And if I did a fourth -

4.) Superior Spider-Man
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-01-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

My new trilogy would probably pick up after the current Spider-Man trilogy. I think that will lay the proper foundation for a Spider-Man who is more assured and experienced, as well as having faced many of his most famous rogues. I think that this trilogy would focus on Peter's college years.

1) Tombstone/Hammerhead/Silvermane/Mister Negative Gang War - Freshman Year of College
    2) Morlun - Internship (at OsCorp, meets Norman and Harry) Between Sophomore and Junior Year/set the stage for Doctor Octopus
    3) Sinister Six (with Doctor Octopus) - Looking for a job away from OsCorp/set the stage for Green Goblin

And if I did a fourth afterwards...
    4) Green Goblin - Finally working as a science teacher
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I'm going to assume this will be a few years down the line. I'm loving the MCU Spider-Man, but the stuff they've skipped (the origin, Venom) allows them to go in a different direction in the future.

My ideas...

Web of Spider-Man) This would be the origin, but it's a little different because we see the stories of other people (Crusher Hogan, Max Modell) and spend more time with Peter before he discovers his powers, and before he learns that with great power comes great responsibility. A potential villain would be Doctor Octopus.

Web of Spider-Man 2) This would be the Alien Costume saga, combined with Spider-Man taking on a crime figure associated with Uncle Ben's murderer. If the rights to Kingpin are available, that would be one way to go. Otherwise, it could be Tombstone or Mister Negative (which might be a good parallel with Spider-Man losing control thanks to the Alien Costume.)

Web of Spider-Man 3) Venom gets an entire film as a villain who has similar powers to Spider-Man, and knows his secret identity. It might go in a different direction as Peter learns more about Brock, and realizes that he can make his enemy into a better man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'd skip the origin/spider-bite. It's been done to death.

I would place him firmly in the college years. Young enough to be a bit immature, but old enough that he can skip classes and work and family without a truant officer hunting him down.

Spectacular Member

I'd carry on the MCU spidey

1 - introduce Harry Osborn, Peter's roomate at college maybe? main villain Sandman - end reveal that Oscorp is responsible for creating Sandman during testing to recreate the Super-soldier serum - Norman discovers spider-mans identity
    2 - Oscorp's chief scientist, Otto Octavius is working on super-soldier serum, Norman rushing to human trials, on himself no less, him causes lab accident (fusing octopus arms to Otto) and creates Green Goblin, green goblin/norman goes after Spider-man/Peter so they can use his body/corpse to recreate how he got his powers - ends with big battle in Queens (similar to Ultimate Death of Spider-Man but with Peter severly injured not dead)
    3 - adaptation of Ultimate Six

BANNED

how about a comedy triology?
    first movie he becomes spider man and learns that he has all the powers expect shooting webs. thus he is hopping like a spider to travel most of the movie. his lack of control over his powers causes hilarious situations.he comes in conflict with a corporate blood sucker Michael Morbius. he defeats him after awakening his true spider power after remembering the lecture uncle Ben used to give for the zillionth time and this leads to morluns awakening to his presence.
    in the second movie morlun tries to put him on the menu delivering a world class beat down which makes him run to blade who having no experience in dealing with this type of vampire dies cursing spider man who then approaches Logan only to find a X marked grave with Deadpool weeping over it. he asks Deadpool for help but Deadpool reveals his powers are fading away so he had come to logans grave to dig him up and restore himself but nothing remains but a admantium skeleton. he remarks on the impossibility of the body rotting so soon and Deadpool welcomes him to the timeline of X men and hopes he survives the experience.morlun arrives but Deadpool dies delaying him and enables peters escape to the fantastic four verse where he fights human torch until they learn that both their movies are going to be produced by the same house of mouse.tge torch dies impaled by a flaming spear which he had conjured up for morlun( hey this was supposed to work on morlun!) he finally visits uncle Ben's grave for the final fight and morlun begins feeding upon him after a epic fight but dies and withers away. turns out he had himself bitten by the radioactive spiders of all the alternate worlds which was his real goal all along using the others as decoys to mask his true purpose. he mourns all the fallen and vows to be the best money earner err crime fighter in their memory.
    third movie finds peter doing his best to make good upon his promise. he becomes the leader of avengers saving the universe many times over. his supporting cast who had been lurking in the background in his shadow love him. Jonah Jameson has adopted him after may Parker at last dies. he is dating Gwen the spider girl daughter( but no powers) of a police officer who calls him using a signal watch err no spider signal. suddenly he starts doubting himself and the world around him when a professor miles bestows spider powers upon everyone by getting them bit by clones of the original spider and stealing his girl( the creep). suddenly everyone has spider powers and his brand has diluted(identity crisis) no one cares about him( the has been so and so) and so he retires in protest(and out of spite) maintaining his dignity till the last(no one would fight him even when he tossed all kinds of juvenile insults at them). morluns family come hunting the spiders in revenge and peter discovers that after several spiders have been slaughtered( including Gwen who has her neck broken for her by morluns daddy over a bridge. nothing beats the classics!) (peter: serves her right! err I mean no the love of my life can't die! who wrote the stupid script?) that he is the chosen one when everyone begs him to return to the saddle. he fights the inheritors(climax fight! break out the special effects) all the while spiders are dying around him and he is aging to dust when mysterio yells cut and declares the shoot over for the day. Spider man realises that he was just a figurehead with no real power and mysterio was calling all the real shots and shouts out his anguish summoning the Mandarin who exclaims face front true believer and welcome to movie magic. excelsior
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 11-02-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Amazing Member

I'd focus on 90's Pre-Civil War Spidey. Imo, it's hus best years... after married to MJ but before Civil War and OMD.

To be honest, I'd make Amazing Spidey 3, 4, 5 and 6. 3 would be him recovering from Gwen's death. Aunt May would try to set him up with MJ and Black Cat would make a few appearances. Main villain would be Mysterio, who's special effects and gasses would make Spidey see Gwen all the time, slowly driving him close to insanity, but he overcomes it and finally beats mysterio. Guest villain: Shocker for some cool cgi. Last scene of the movie would be MJ's famous line "Face it Tiger, you hit the jackpot."

4) Full on love triangle between MJ/Pete/BC. MJ would appeal to his Peter Parker side. BC would appeal to the Spidey side. Main villains: Black Cat and Doc Ock. Both are after the same jewel for different reasons, turning into three way fights with lots of shenanigans. In the end... Pete chooses MJ.

5) Symbiote movie! Eddie Brock becomes Venom and wrecks havok on Spidey's life. He discovers Spidey's secret identity and goes after MJ, but Pete saves her in the knick of time. MJ finds out that Pete is Spidey and Pete breaks up with her cause it's dangerous to be close to him. However, MJ doesn't take no for an answer and helps hom defeat Venom (somehow) and they get back together. Peter proposes. MJ says yes.

6) The Sinister Six: Doc Ock, Shocker, Electro, Mysterio, Rhino and Green Goblin team up to take out the wall crawler, interrupting his wedding to MJ! Unexpected help comes in the forms of Venom, Lizard, and Black Cat. They beat the bad guys, but Peter gets mortally wounded saving MJ from Goblin in the clock tower from ASM2. MJ places the wedding band on Pete's finger as he dies, saying "I do." Post credit scene has Miles' uncle bringing home the a genetically engineered Spider from Oscorp... dun dun dun!

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    I'd carry on the MCU spidey

1 - introduce Harry Osborn, Peter's roomate at college maybe? main villain Sandman - end reveal that Oscorp is responsible for creating Sandman during testing to recreate the Super-soldier serum - Norman discovers spider-mans identity
    2 - Oscorp's chief scientist, Otto Octavius is working on super-soldier serum, Norman rushing to human trials, on himself no less, him causes lab accident (fusing octopus arms to Otto) and creates Green Goblin, green goblin/norman goes after Spider-man/Peter so they can use his body/corpse to recreate how he got his powers - ends with big battle in Queens (similar to Ultimate Death of Spider-Man but with Peter severly injured not dead)
    3 - adaptation of Ultimate Six
    My comments were about a new version a decade from now. I would want to see the MCU Spidey continue.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Spider-Verse animated film probably means they can't do that as a 20th anniversary special in 2022, bringing back the Tobey Maguire, and the Andrew Garfield Spider-Men, with Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen, and Mayday Parker as the daughter of the Raimi/ Maguire Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by 2Thumbs View Post
    To be honest, I'd make Amazing Spidey 3, 4, 5 and 6.
    That's what I had in mind. I thought of doing something like a Fast and Furious kind of revival for that series, cause I think Andrew deserves a better movie than the ones he starred in.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

iMan 42s

I would skip the Spider-man stuff and go right into Doctor Octopus. Because really, Superior Octopus might as well be Spider-man.

1. Establish Otto and his need to do something worthwhile in the world and working in a lab just isn't getting it up anymore. He becomes a self-styled "superhero" using his own arms and fights various villains like White Rabbit, Screwball, Boomerang, and Shocker, but is truly stumped when faced with Spider-man himself. Essentially the movie is framed from the other end with Otto being the focal point. Otto eventually confronts Spider-man and the two hash it out and ends with Otto realizing Peter is actually a good guy and decides to follow his example.

2. Otto, now Superior Octopus, pursues a new villain in Carrion. The two do battle and this leads Otto to the Jackal. Jackal wanting Spider-man's DNA to create a superhuman clone tasks Otto with taking Peter in exchange for the release of Otto's lab assistant, Maria Marconi. Otto accepts but with Peter's help out maneuvers Jackal and defeats him.

3. Otto then goes Superior Spider-man believing he can operate now without Peter's help and faces Hob Goblin.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

general ideas:
    focus on college-era Peter. Living on his own. Randy Robertson is his roommate this time. Joe Robertson has more of a supporting role. Peter freelances Spidey-related photos/videos for the Bugle, and science articles.

Try to use villains that haven't been seen yet (yes, I'm aware of the announced spinoffs, but anyway...): Chameleon, Kraven, Black Cat, Scorpion, Silvermane, the Rose, Hammerhead. I'd give Human Fly more of an upgrade in status and backstory.

Have minor villains for some fun sequences- The Looter, Slyde, the Ringer, White Rabbit.

Ladies: I'm not monomaniacal about seeing Peter "with" MJ or Gwen. We should see more of folks we haven't seen or have only rarely seen: Betty Brant, Marcy Kane, Glory Grant, Joy Mercado, Norah Winters, Carlie Cooper.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I like the idea of a Spider-Man anthology movie. Do a segment of workplace comedy at the Daily Bugle, then a low-level heist movie with some d-list villains, then a police procedural with Yuri Watanabe and Code: Blue investigating the site of a Spider-Man battle...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    How would you go about it? Let's say that I am directing a new Spider-Man film franchise in the vein of the Avengers films (not really a trilogy or a set anthology), my first three films would be based on the early Spider-Man year (late 60's/mid-early 70's).
    Thinking about it more, after seeing the new Wonder Woman trailer, a 1960s approach could work to distinguish the next take.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

I'd like the next set of films to be based on a more classic 616 Spider-Man status quo. An elderly Aunt May, 20 something Peter in college and working for JJJ and the Bugle, model/actress Mary Jane established as Peter's LI or confidante, etc. Use that status quo as a jumping off point and tell new stories with character dynamics/relationships already established. Similar to what comic writers might do when starting a new 616 run
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 12-08-2019 at 04:52 PM.