Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preview: Marvel Knights: 20th #1

Link here: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...nights-20th-1/

Looks like the 20th anniversary is kicking off by throwing Matt into the lurch. Anyone excited for this anniversary? I kinda wish Quesada and Palmiotti were more involved.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Oh also, there are a lot of familiar faces in the crowd on the cover. I see Jubilee, Wolverine, Jean...is that John Constantine in the background with the playing card?

Cool!

Big fan of Foreman here.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Looks quite interesting ... On the last panel it refers Banner ? Is it Bruce ? I can't really say , since i don't follow ongoing DD comics .

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Looks quite interesting ... On the last panel it refers Banner ? Is it Bruce ? I can't really say , since i don't follow ongoing DD comics .
    I don't even know when this takes place. It could be far in the future or even the past. Or maybe since it's Knights it's not in canon?

This looks REALLY awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I don't even know when this takes place. It could be far in the future or even the past. Or maybe since it's Knights it's not in canon?
    So far I'm kinda getting House of M vibes. Seems interesting so far.

Astonishing Member

I don't think it's necessarily out of continuity just for being MK. A bunch of stuff from the first run was important for related characters.

I can't say I'm in love with the art yet but I have high hopes for this starting the year.

BANNED

Looks intriguing! Given the talent involved and the characters, I'm definitely on board.

I'm curious about it. Not sold yet. Hopefully, something will come out to change my mind.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Oh also, there are a lot of familiar faces in the crowd on the cover. I see Jubilee, Wolverine, Jean...is that John Constantine in the background with the playing card?
    I think it's supposed to be Gambit, because, playing card and walk next to girl with a white stripe in her hair (so Rogue.) looks like Storm and black panther on the side...that's a lot of x-characters for a non-x-book...

Foreman's art looks much better here than I've seen on other books
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think it's supposed to be Gambit, because, playing card and walk next to girl with a white stripe in her hair (so Rogue.) looks like Storm and black panther on the side...that's a lot of x-characters for a non-x-book...
    Or it could be Bullseye. I think the woman next to him is supposed to be Elektra. But yeah, the cover is a little X-Men heavy.

BANNED

Just read Mks #1
    spoilers:
    All of those people from Luke Cage , Bullseye , FF , Kingpin , Walters , Foggy have been mindwiped or in simple words it felt like the the whole world has been mindwiped . Matt is still having amnesia but he is getting his memories eventually . But it was surprising to see Victor with Crossbones and Taskmaster in the end .

All in all the art was really great(especially the 10 panel which looked awesome) but the issue didn't gave me anything much new tbh , which i was quite expecting , after reading the preview , hopefully things will patch up on the next issue which i expect from Donny Cates nonetheless
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Solid first issue, setting up a pretty nifty mystery with at least one surprise player involved.