Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I enjoyed this first issue a bit. Based on the reveal at the end and based on recent Daredevil stories, my theory is:

spoilers:
    This is a sequel to Emperor Doom and Doom has used Killgrave to erase everyone's memories.
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

I would also like to point out that in the last Secret Wars, Doom was using a machine to control and telepathically control Battleworld's population.

While he probably is using Killgrave, he might be trying something like this as well.

Just read this too. Very intriguing premise. The heroes are realizing bits and pieces of their former lives. Matt finds out he's Daredevil, but didn't know who Frank was. There's a nice reveal there.

Marvel Knights has always had the touch of gritty realism, and more often than not (Inhumans and Dr. Strange notwithstanding) was associated with the street. So seeing that Doom was involved, that he was the mastermind and not Kingpin, that made this whole story really go into the fantastic. Plus, totally dug the henchmen of Taskmaster and Crossbones. Two of the best street level villains out there who share that skull motif. So cool that the writer made that connection.

Speaking of which, Donny Cates is the writer here? Interesting. I wasn't impressed with his Damnation storyline, but the writing is solid here.

In any case, really looking forward to the rest of this series.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

First episode was intriguing, but the art was really bad. It looks amateurish at best.

Just thinking, as well...

spoilers:
    We know Cates is a Sentry fan. Given the Sentry's original mini centered around him erasing himself from existence and everyone forgetting him, and now all the Marvel heroes have had their own identities erased, it should be considered possible that they're using the same technology that the Sentry did to accomplish a similar goal so far as our heroes are concerned. Sentry was an MK title after all, so I'd expect him to be connected in some way.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just thinking, as well...

spoilers:
    We know Cates is a Sentry fan. Given the Sentry's original mini centered around him erasing himself from existence and everyone forgetting him, and now all the Marvel heroes have had their own identities erased, it should be considered possible that they're using the same technology that the Sentry did to accomplish a similar goal so far as our heroes are concerned. Sentry was an MK title after all, so I'd expect him to be connected in some way.
    end of spoilers
    Solicitations for the new MK comics showed

spoilers:
    a Sentry vs Hulk variant cover from the artist who drew Sentry during Dark Avengers before his death and without any line wide thematic cover connection I could see.
    end of spoilers

A perfect storm or totally meaningless? We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    First episode was intriguing, but the art was really bad. It looks amateurish at best.
    I don't know if bad is the word. Bland, absolutely. But not "bad" art.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I don't even know when this takes place. It could be far in the future or even the past. Or maybe since it's Knights it's not in canon?
    Just got around to reading this and wondering the same thing. We briefly see the Fantastic Four here and they don't know who they are either. Matt "sees" them though with their powers. And IIRC the MK FF was not in continuity with Mark Waid's Fantastic Fourl, which was going on at the same time.

So I just read and wrote up a review for the first of Marvel's six part miniseries celebrating the 20th Anniversary of #MarvelKnights came out. What I think of it? Surprisingly good, I'd say. Stillanerd Reviews: Marvel Knights 20th No. 1 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Solicitations for the new MK comics showed

spoilers:
    a Sentry vs Hulk variant cover from the artist who drew Sentry during Dark Avengers before his death and without any line wide thematic cover connection I could see.
    end of spoilers

A perfect storm or totally meaningless? We'll see.
    spoilers:
    It's just wild speculation at this point but it would seem odd to not include a nod to him even if he doesn't appear given he was a signature MK comic.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I don't know if bad is the word. Bland, absolutely. But not "bad" art.
    AFAIC, I can say I really don't like the art. It's not just that I think it's bland, I genuinely don't like it.