Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I watched 2 episodes...then I started daredevil season 3.

maybe Marvel should just release a compilation of old bloody mary comics
    They did. A year or so ago, the TPB Typhoid's Kiss came out, collecting (almost) all of Ann Nocenti's comics from the 1990s where Typhoid Mary was a major antagonist, including the aforementioned Marvel Comics Presents #150-151 and the Typhoid miniseries from 1995-96 (thanks, Ricochet Rita!), as well as a one-shot Nocenti wrote for "Women of Marvel" back around 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    She also appeared in "Avengers: The Initiative" as "Mutant X." Disguised in a suit of armor and receiving treatment for her mental issues. She later joined that "Sisterhood of Evil Mutants" or whatever if I remember correctly in Brian Wood's volume 2 of X-Men.
    Mutant Zero, actually. I did like the suit they gave her, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I remember that. Everyone secretly hoped it was Jean but was a * Sad Trumpet* moment when her identity was revealed
    Tbf, it was a confusing time they had the poor dear, manifesting Phoenix Effects to conceal her identity.

All these years and it just dawned on me Typhoid Mary and Legion should date. LOL

The money they would save just using Groupon would crazy.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I don't know why, but I really like this art on the X-Men. It fits in a really odd way.
    It is certainly odd, I can agree with that. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Given that there’s another Typhoid Mary after this, it seems safe to assume that she’ll beat the X-Men, and that just... irks me.
    The X-Men aren't trying to beat her outright. At first they were trying to talk to her to just handle over Zach. Typhoid doesn't beat people, btw. She kills them. So the X-Men don't lose to her or they'll be dead and the X-Men have fought much worse.

uhh.. so what is Typhoid's endgame here? She hadn't been too involved in the past with outright mutant affairs..

The Red Dragon

This looks and reads so bad.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    [...] as well as a one-shot Nocenti wrote for "Women of Marvel" back around 2010.
    I didn't know of this, I've got to track it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    All these years and it just dawned on me Typhoid Mary and Legion should date. LOL
    LOL! Poor Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Typhoid doesn't beat people, btw. She kills them.
    It depends on which personality, which moment, which people... Typhoid is the wildest, so the odds of she randomly killing are higher, although she also enjoys torture. Bloody, however, has got a goal: literally an eye for an eye (an arm for an arm, a punch for a punch, a life for a life) towards batterer men --she initially wouldn't attack a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It was cancelled more likely because Disney is starting their own steaming service and beginning to pull all their content from Netflix. Luke Cage also got cancelled and did so much better than any of the IF's.

But I loved what they did with Mary in this season, even though she didn't have powers.
    That certainly may have been part of it, but I suspect another part was the huge drop in viewers between Seasons 1 and 2.

https://screenrant.com/iron-fist-luk...x-viewer-drop/

I still need to watch the new stuff. The most recent thing I watched was Daredevil, Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I didn't know of this, I've got to track it. Thanks!

LOL! Poor Dave!

It depends on which personality, which moment, which people... Typhoid is the wildest, so the odds of she randomly killing are higher, although she also enjoys torture. Bloody, however, has got a goal: literally an eye for an eye (an arm for an arm, a punch for a punch, a life for a life) towards batterer men --she initially wouldn't attack a woman.
    You're welcome.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

This looks wack af. Pass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    As someone who knows nothing aboit this character:

1) TK + pyrokinesis. And red hair. So.... Phoenix-lite basically?

2) based solely on the intro page, the character seems more like a victim of some experimental psychiatric treatment and real mental disease, not a villain. Hopefully the book does a good job of separating her from that, otherwise it seems kinda offensive to people with mental illness.(again I have no context here aboit her backstory, just the intro page) to be some demonized bad guy.
    Typhoid Mary also has telepathic powers. Telepath/telekinetic, and pyrokinetic. The X-Men know that Mary is ill and also the victim of psychiatric treatment so I think that plays a factor in why they don't immediate kill her the way some people want. I think setting the pigeons on fire might be alluding to Phoenix. Mary's no Phoenix, but perhaps Jean beat her down. It would be nice to see an amped up psycho Mary be the first real fight Jean has.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Forgot this was coming out. I hope we get to see Typhoid Mary being a mutant that is outside of the X-books is a boost for more stories of the X-men teaming up with other heroes to take down a threat. Typhoid always had a interesting back story to me. I always wanted her to join the Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Forgot this was coming out. I hope we get to see Typhoid Mary being a mutant that is outside of the X-books is a boost for more stories of the X-men teaming up with other heroes to take down a threat. Typhoid always had a interesting back story to me. I always wanted her to join the Marauders.
    That would be interesting, but would Sinister be able to control her, though? I could see any attempt backfiring on him the same way it did for pretty much anyone else that thought they could use Typhoid Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be interesting, but would Sinister be able to control her, though? I could see any attempt backfiring on him the same way it did for pretty much anyone else that thought they could use Typhoid Mary.
    She seems far more like a candidate for a Mystique-lead Brotherhood, to me. The other potential villain-leaders would either not be able to control her, or entice her to join them, but Mystique? I can see that working, to an extent.

Would certainly lead to some interesting team-dynamics, lol!