Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X-23 #6 Preview

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sometimes I wish America just had Primary and Secondary levels. I lose track.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's clearly marked "High School" on the building. High School begins at age 14 (I was 14 in the Fall of 94, and turned 15 in May during the Spring semester) in the US, so Gabby is more or less within the age range for an incoming Freshman. Especially considering she's undercover and not ACTUALLY attending school.
    I was 15, but yeah, most are 14, and some even 13.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sometimes I wish America just had Primary and Secondary levels. I lose track.
    Agreed.

Which chapter was when Megan took Laura to her school ?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Agreed.

Which chapter was when Megan took Laura to her school ?
    X-23: Target X, Issue #3
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    X-23: Target X, Issue #3
    Thank You :3

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Yeah, she should only be 17, given Marvel's 4:1 sliding timescale. She's growing at double speed.
    The same thing happened with the Power Packed. In the 80s they were around the age of Franklin Richards who became a member of the team and by the 2000s the older members are grown while Franklin still hasn’t reached puberty yet. Marvel seems to age how they want to age.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 11-03-2018 at 12:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Ah, I thought Kate was still considered 21. There's a healthy ambiguity to Laura's age right now that I think works. Eighteen would be at the lower end, but maybe wiggling as high as 21 if the situation demands her to be. Young Adult situations! In any case I think it works that she's old enough to pose as a school teacher without too much grief.
    Taylor aged Laura up to 20. The last time (going from memory) her age was mentioned she was 16 in an issue of X-Force. I was really disappointed because I had been looking forward to reading stories of Laura coming into her own growing as a person, becoming fully human taking on interest etc.. But that was all kiboshed in ANW when Taylor essentially reduced Laura into a one dimensional UFC female fighter and straight man to Gabby's comedic one liners.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The same thing happened with the Power Packed. In the 80s they were around the age of Franklin Richards who became a member of the team and by the 2000s the older members are grown while Franklin still hasn’t reached puberty yet. Marvel seems to age how they want to age.
    Yeah, I saw a Waiting For The Trade where Franklin was complaining about age differentials and just went, "god dammit I just know Danielle Cage is going to lap me."

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Yeah, I saw a Waiting For The Trade where Franklin was complaining about age differentials and just went, "god dammit I just know Danielle Cage is going to lap me."
    lol can I have a link?

The preview looks too good to pass on this

I don't think it's weird to see them infiltrating a high school. X-23 has shown Laura living on her own and taking care of Gabby so it makes sense to have her be somewhere in her early twenties. I'm not sure about Gabby's age but she doesn't look out of place since the other kids look to be about the same age/height.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Laura already got up to Jubilee in age?

oof
    Passed her.

Jubilee is at best 19 or so. She was turned into a vampire on her eighteenth birthday and if 2004 was two years ago in Marvel comics (as per Runaways), that can have been no more than a year ago.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

lol can I have a link?
    I would have posted the image if I’d been able to find it.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Wasn't Jubilee like Fifteen when she first appeared, and Thirteen at the beginning of Generation X? I don't put a lot of weight into character ages for the most part, they fluctuate far too wildly once they're handled by enough creators. Laura's "Twenty" now, but all it takes is a reference of her being Seventeen for that to be the new normal. I just say she's a "Young Adult" and leave it at that, it's vague but works for basically everything she's been in post X-Force.

She's physically probably 19, but she was 18 when Laura was 16. So her actual age is around 22-23.

The Power Pack have aged correctly. Franklin was lagging behind, until Dan Slott FINALLY aged Franklin and Valeria up in Fantastic Four #2. Before, Franklin was younger than Jack and Katie Power despite being around their age when he was a member of their team called Tattletale. He was 8, whereas Katie had aged up to 12. Now though, Valeria (codename Brainstorm), five years younger than Franklin, is old enough to flirt - Franklin, now known as Powerhouse, seems to have overtaken them and is now Julie's age, around 18. Alex was with the Future Foundation, so he'll have aged from 19 to his mid 20s. They were travelling the multiverse, so the trope Year Inside, Hour Outside is in effect.

The Runaways aging is stunted as well - Molly is only two years older than when she debuted (13, she debuted at 11), but it was long enough ago that it should be three or four years.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-04-2018 at 02:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman