Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: X-23 #6 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    I guess it didn't make sense because you continue to word it weirdly:

First of all, even if Laura wasn't aged as fast, she would still be at least 18, probably, and I would consider that an adult. But let's ignore that for the sake of your argument and settle on the terminology that Laura and time-displaced Warren are "teens" and older Warren is an "adult".

What confused me is that Laura wouldn't remember being in a sexual relationship with an adult because teen Warren isn't an adult, he's a teen like her. What I guess you mean is that it would be weird for Laura to be around an adult version of teen Warren, but older Warren doesn't "inherit" the memories of time-displaced Warren so for all intents and purposes they are different people. It would probably register on the weird scale around the same place as Warren hanging around Gabby since she is a clone of Laura (I was going to say Logan but I changed it to avoid someone bringing up Taylor's cloning retcon).
    Yeah, you just worded this better than I did in my posts. I meant to get at the idea that it would be weird for Laura to be around an adult version of Warren. Even though adult Warren wouldn't have memories of the relationship, a teen version of Laura would remember it. I just think that it would be creepy for a teen character to remember being involved with a character who is now an adult.

This was just a possible reason for why Laura was up-aged from a teenager from me.
    But, given that other members who responded to my original post aren't bothered about, it would appear that I'm the only one who thinks this way.

I hope that I finally articulated this in a way that doesn't confuse everyone

And, I'm not posting this just to keep an argument going. I really came back online because I saw that Stan Lee had died.
    So I hope their are no hard feelings.
    Last edited by Thievery; 11-12-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: My spelling sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Yeah, you just worded this better than I did in my posts. I meant to get at the idea that it would be weird for Laura to be around an adult version of Warren. Even though adult Warren wouldn't have memories of the relationship, a teen version of Laura would remember it. I just think that it would be creepy for a teen character to remember being involved with a character who is now an adult.

This was just a possible reason for why Laura was up-aged from a teenager from me.
    But, given that other members who responded to my original post aren't bothered about, it would appear that I'm the only one who thinks this way.

I hope that I finally articulated this in a way that doesn't confuse everyone

And, I'm not posting this just to keep an argument going. I really came back online because I saw that Stan Lee had died.
    So I hope their are no hard feelings.
    I get you man and appreciate that you care about Warren so much. I like both Laura and Warren so I think about them a lot and found Laura/teen!angel kinda weird indeed when I first read about them being paired as a couple, like you did. But I quickly let it go because marvel always do things which scrupulous fans will question a lot about, so I just persuade myself that Teen Angel and adult angel are completely different persons to Laura, besides their romance is not that serious for marvel to feel the need to set everything right (they can’t even set serious things right!)
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Interesting things could’ve been done with the relationship, and with teen Angel in general tbh.. but it seemed like no writer was interested in exploring the black vortex parallels with Archangel. The closest we got was Hopeless’s poorly written story that came across more as teen Angel feeling emasculated by Laura and her hating herself so much that she tried to be someone else. Not a good showing for either of them. In general, teen Angel seemed like an afterthought for every writer that handled him. He never really got to do anything worthwhile.

BANNED

Wrong thread...
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-14-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    Laura gets a good feat in Uncanny #1, pretty much taking the entire MLF down in one go with the help of a Magnetic Fastball from Polaris. Unfortunately, it also came at the expense of Armor and the New X-Men.
    end of spoilers
    Why are you putting that on this thread?
    Has nothing to do with the subject or the ongoing conversation.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-14-2018 at 06:23 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Why are you putting that on this thread?
    Has nothing to do with the subject or the ongoing conversation.
    Dammit, meant to put this in the Appreciation thread and mixed up the subjects. :-P