Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Default Preview: Weapon X #25

Didn't expect things to jump into the action so quick, but given there's only 2 chapters left, a quicker pace is understandable. If it's not an oversight, Monet's hair seems to have grown back. Still beautiful regardless, but be good to have full-head-of-hair Monet back. lol Also nice to have Sauron back, and his dry sarcasm.

My only complaint is there's too much Mystique in here & too much Creed gushing at her. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-02-2018 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Really do wonder who all these peeps are.

Of course I do know Domino, Monet, Lady D, Omega Red, Deadpool, Pyro and Sauron. But have no clue on any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Of course I do know Domino, Monet, Lady D, Omega Red, Deadpool, Pyro and Sauron. But have no clue on any of the others.
    Some may get intro boxes later in the chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

They're Sabretooth's friends.

They had a name box for the guy in the top left corner in the last issue, it's Hairbag (a minor bad guy from 90s X-Factor). I'm wondering if the others are supposed to be D-listers we haven't seen in decades as well?

I'm sad to see this end, I feel like this book had more potential.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is that Frenzy? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    They're Sabretooth's friends.

They had a name box for the guy in the top left corner in the last issue, it's Hairbag (a minor bad guy from 90s X-Factor). I'm wondering if the others are supposed to be D-listers we haven't seen in decades as well?

I'm sad to see this end, I feel like this book had more potential.
    It had lots more. Sadly, Pak didn't utilize it well. I still think he mainly used this book to start his Weapon H series, but wasn't too invested in the characters or the premise.

I've enjoyed these last few chapters. It's still mainly action comedy, but not as cringey as it was. And it seems like Deadpool has pulled some of the comedy relief stink off Domino & Creed.

The book had a good run. But I am curious how it's gonna get wrapped up. Pak says they go out with a Hell of a bang, then says we'll get that pun when we actually read the chapter.

Like this artist. Wouldn’t mind seeing him (or her) do an arc on the new Brisson X-Force series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Like this artist. Wouldn’t mind seeing him (or her) do an arc on the new Brisson X-Force series.
    He seems great, but rushed. Sometimes the proportions are completely off or weird. Then other times, the art is phenomenal.

For example, he drew one of my FAVORITE panels of Sabretooth last issue.
    WX 24 (3).jpg
    The emotion here is great. And I don't even think Cinar could've done it this well.

But then you get other instances of weird proportions. Like Domino & Monet's twisted legs here.
    Entering the Arena.jpg

Or how Monet's belt is a hula-hoop in this panel. lol
    WX 24 (4)5.jpg

It comes off like Cinar. Damn good artist, but had a lot of those rushed-looking panels in chapters 12 & 17, both starting chapters of new arcs. But he was great with no flaws in the other 6 chapters he did
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-02-2018 at 09:29 AM.

It had lots more. Sadly, Pak didn't utilize it well. I still think he mainly used this book to start his Weapon H series, but wasn't too invested in the characters or the premise.

I've enjoyed these last few chapters. It's still mainly action comedy, but not as cringey as it was. And it seems like Deadpool has pulled some of the comedy relief stink off Domino & Creed.

The book had a good run. But I am curious how it's gonna get wrapped up. Pak says they go out with a Hell of a bang, then says we'll get that pun when we actually read the chapter.
    Yeah I was a little worried when Deadpool showed up. It felt really cringey when Domino was the comic element and I thought Deadpool would just be a final blow to the book. But I was pleasantly surprised. That last arc has been really fun for me and I'm just sad to see it end when it seemed like the book was getting better. But I'm glad it's ending on a great arc.

They go out with a hell of a bang...I hope it's not a NSFW pun? I'm scared now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    His style would be great for X-Force! I can see the flaws in the panels Silver Fang posted but it's not stuff I even noticed when reading the book. Some of the fight scenes have been a little hard to read but overall he's a solid artist as far as drawing the characters and expressions.

Yeah I was a little worried when Deadpool showed up. It felt really cringey when Domino was the comic element and I thought Deadpool would just be a final blow to the book. But I was pleasantly surprised. That last arc has been really fun for me and I'm just sad to see it end when it seemed like the book was getting better. But I'm glad it's ending on a great arc.
    Deadpool hasn't been focused on too heavy since the start of issue 23. Which is for the best. He hasn't overtaken the book. I hate his character has devolved into a joke, but it's too late for him. Meanwhile there's still hope to save Domino & Sabretooth from that fate. Both have been less obnoxious since DP came on board.

They go out with a hell of a bang...I hope it's not a NSFW pun? I'm scared now.
    I actually never thought of that! lol I was thinking literal bang, like explosion fire or something, given they're going to Hell. Plus the book hasn't really been sexual. But your theory is certainly possible.

Long as that bang isn't Creed x Mystique, It could be Creed x Deadpool x Omega Red have a 3-way for all I care, but I DO NOT wanna see him with Mystique again. I can never stress that enough!!!!!
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-02-2018 at 03:48 PM.

I actually never thought of that! lol I was thinking literal bang, like explosion fire or something, given they're going to Hell. Plus the book hasn't really been sexual. But your theory is certainly possible.

Long as that bang isn't Creed x Mystique, It could be Creed x Deadpool x Omega Red have a 3-way for all I care, but I DO NOT wanna see him with Mystique again. I can never stress that enough!!!!!
    I thought they've been setting it up so Creed and Monet end up back together. But it's a 12+ rated book so you're probably right about it just being an explosion

I thought they've been setting it up so Creed and Monet end up back together. But it's a 12+ rated book so you're probably right about it just being an explosion
    The comics can get a bit gutsy when they want. Such as M&M X
    RCO014.jpg

Or the Domino x Logan's shag flashback in Mystery In Madripoor.
    RCO005.jpg

Plus if it's the book's last chapter anyway, not like they have to worry about getting cancelled. lol

On a serious note, WX could end with a going-out hookup. But I wouldn't expect anything explicit, like Wolverine MAX.

The bang could be
    *Sexual
    *Explosion-related
    *Gunshot Related

Lord knows. I just hope it's good since it's the note these characters are gonna end on for future writers.

The comics can get a bit gutsy when they want. Such as M&M X
    RCO014.jpg

Or the Domino x Logan's shag flashback in Mystery In Madripoor.
    RCO005.jpg

Plus if it's the book's last chapter anyway, not like they have to worry about getting cancelled. lol

On a serious note, WX could end with a going-out hookup. But I wouldn't expect anything explicit, like Wolverine MAX.

The bang could be
    *Sexual
    *Explosion-related
    *Gunshot Related

Lord knows. I just hope it's good since it's the note these characters are gonna end on for future writers.
    Wow I didn't realize they put these scenes in books with the 12+ rating! Weapon X ending with a hook-up would be kind of silly tbh, I just thought it was funny that the writer would say there is a pun on that

I'm worried that they'll just end this story arc and not really give them a direction after that. It would be cool to establish them as a group of mercenaries that can show up in other books if someone hires them but they'll probably go back in limbo (except for Domino).

Wow I didn't realize they put these scenes in books with the 12+ rating! Weapon X ending with a hook-up would be kind of silly tbh, I just thought it was funny that the writer would say there is a pun on that

I'm worried that they'll just end this story arc and not really give them a direction after that. It would be cool to establish them as a group of mercenaries that can show up in other books if someone hires them but they'll probably go back in limbo (except for Domino).
    Monet could head to limbo. I figured Creed would be un-inverted & be transferred back to Wolverine's solo with Omega Red & Deathstrike. Mystique will just pop up wherever.