View Poll Results: When will Marvel Studios officially announce their first R Rated film.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

20 55.56%
  • Before Year 2225

16 44.44%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The cocaine scene could still have been pg .
    Name me a movie where the main protagonist used illegal drugs before doing a fight scene, it was done in a glorified fashion, and it got "PG" rating. Please. Name one.

But now you brought it up , its possible deadpool 3 r will someone inline with DOFP. Few characters swear, few characters abuse drugs and there is extreme violence but limited blood, that movie got pg 13 and since disney put it up on disney plus uncensored, deadpool 3 will be something like that or less because disney will really up the comedy to drown down the grittiness.
    Disney didn't make DOFP. All they did was put it on their service. It's existence has zero to do with how they will make Deadpool.

They did not do it by 100%.
    Yes, they did. It's input into their rating guidelines. Smoking in a film factors into how it is rated by them. Universally. Against all films. That's how the MPAA works.

I am painting comic books with many brushes their stories cover a lot of things.
    Really? Because you also said this:

T rated deadpool comics are interchangeable with R rated movies.
    So every Deadpool comic is the same ? Sounds like you're only using one brush on that painting.

No, this was not the reason. They hardly touched on his drinking problem in the second film. They banned it in Iron Man 3, for the same reason they screwed the villain.
    Favreau himself stated that the party scene in Iron Man 2 was him adapting Demon in a Bottle.

And show me where Disney banned it. Please. Show me. Show me where anyone working on the film, or with Disney, stated that his drinking issue was banned from being used. Because anything else is just speculation.
    Last edited by Noodle; 01-14-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I am very interested to see how Marvel handles Deadpool 3. Kevin Feige just announced that the film WILL be apart of the MCU. I am assuming Dr. Strange 2 and the multiverse will explain bringing in darker elements into the world. That means the old Netflix shows could be apart of the MCU ( Punisher, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist).

when MCU rewrites some films from comics and some fans read the comics after, their opinions changes drastically.
    most of DC fans will tell you it did not need R.
    You got any evidence to back this up? Like surveys or interviews with fans? Or are you once again projecting your personal opinions as a whole?

the dark knight did not score positive reviews for fun and humor and cgi . the positive reviews of dark knight is worth remembering in 30 years,
    "The positive reviews are only valid if those reviews match what I want them to say."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The cocaine scene wasn't the only reason it was given an "R," but it was the most obvious which is why I used it as an example.
    That's the more obvious example to you than knees bending backwards???
    The war on drugs has left more of a mark on our culture than I thought.

I do find this metaphor illogical considering how ...when MCU rewrites some films from comics and some fans read the comics after, their opinions changes drastically. even the big fans of GOTG and Ragnarök cannot defend those movies anymore to those that finally read the comics and said Marvel should have gone a different route.
    Which is irrelevant to whether the films themselves are good. Some people will like the changes, others won't. It is what it is.

Birds of Prey will forever be a toss up but most of DC fans will tell you it did not need R.
    I feel so very reassured.

If deadpool goes down that line then what is the point? just make it pg 13 and have deadpool say he cannot be r anymore in the movie
    The only point for the movie to be good; the rating content just helps advice viewers on whether they might find things in it offensive.

the dark knight did not score positive reviews for fun and humor and cgi .
    And Guardians of the Galaxy did. Both are legitimate forms of good filmmaking.

the positive reviews of dark knight is worth remembering in 30 years, we talking about this is important because deadpool positive reviews was like no other thing we have ever seen. It made Dr Strange, X-men Apocalypse and Civil War all unimportant in 2016 and disposed all those comic movies.
    And then Avengers: Endgame came. There's always a bigger fish.

Spiderman 3 does have r rating content, its only the MCU film producers that will think it does.
    That's your MUC hated talking. Let's stick to facts, please.

GOTG is a comedy and you are overreaching with the movie, noone walks out of gotg thinking of toxic relationships, GOTG is the one movie that set MCU on the downward part of colourful comedy disposable movies.
    No, I just understand how storytelling works. Heck, the second movie is literally about family. The only one of us overreaching is you, who can't see past his/her/their/whatever MCU and Disney hatred.

I will just keep quiet about star wars ST, that trilogy has been trashed a lot for many good reasons. though I will say, many star wars fans did complain about the Marvel comedy of gotg spilling over star wars.
    More like Guardians borrowed if from Star Wars; the sequel trilogy comic relief was what the previous movies had, and we all know how Star Wars borrows from itself. That is the Way.

GOTG is not Spiderman either.
    Thank goodness; I like that for different reasons and it would be boring if everything was the same.

Spiderman is spiderman, you want to know another edge Spiderverse has? it used Kingpin as the villain. It cared about an actual stand alone rich story of spiderman , something mcu will ever unlikely do.
    The paraphrase the most powerful Avenger, the MCU has nothing to prove.

If only tony PTSDs in iron man 2 was like bruce's ptsd in the dark knight rises,
    If only the Snyderverse's Justice League was as well written and dynamic as the Avengers' was. We can play this all day and get nowhere.

Pirates of the Caribbean was one of the best family friendly franchise ever, however that is not supposed to be marvel.
    You and I have very different ideas for "family friendly." But seeing as you also think Zack Snyder makes mature superhero movies for adults, we never really had that much common ground in the first place.

Bob Iger is a bankrupt genius for trying to turn Marvel to Pirates of the caribbean, only thing is, it has not worked well...
    Huh? Dude, I don't know what you're on, but you need to get off it, stat.

(Sorry for turning the thread R with a drug joke )

deadpool 3 will likely show the cracks more once we see deadpool 3 is not the joker when it should be by the third film still keeping the r rating.
    As stated before, all we know for sure is that the next Deadpool movie will be rated R, so you've got nothing to worry about.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Why does MCU need an 'R' rated movie? Movies are connected in a way that will make an 'R' rated entry pretty jarring when you see that character referencing his/her own movie in a 'PG-13' movie.

If you want to think of a possible 'R' rated story in MCU; the past without Thanos is also a past without Gamora meeting and being part of uniting the Guardians of the Galaxy, Korath got the Infinity Stone and gave it to Ronan (cause Rhodey rendered Star Lord unconscious) to commit his mass genocide on Xandar on a grander scale while the Guardians are -possibly- in prison, and then Ronan destroys more population...

Imagine all that in gory detail of skin and flesh getting ripped off of bones, and bones as they break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's the more obvious example to you than knees bending backwards???
    The war on drugs has left more of a mark on our culture than I thought.
    He did say it was not the only reason Birds of Prey got an 'R' rating.

I missed the 'nt too first time I read his post.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

@Castle: "GOTG is a comedy and you are overreaching with the movie, noone walks out of gotg thinking of toxic relationships, GOTG is the one movie that set MCU on the downward part of colourful comedy disposable movies."
    So you did not see the darker stuff in both Guardians movies? I mean in the first few minutes alone Quills mother dies and minutes after that he gets kidnapped.
    To say nothing about the rest of the team.
    The only one not having made horrible experiences may be Groot.
    Watch the Gamora and Nebula dialogue in part 2 and still say that the movies are all about jokes.
    But hey even the Dark Knight had some jokes in it. If it were a MCU movie you would also call that a comedy.

I'm wondering why so many people are even bothering to argue with Castle instead of just ignoring him. His entire argument is that whatever Marvel does is bad. If somebody else does the same thing as marvel, it's only bad when marvel does it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm wondering why so many people are even bothering to argue with Castle instead of just ignoring him. His entire argument is that whatever Marvel does is bad. If somebody else does the same thing as marvel, it's only bad when marvel does it.
    Agreed.

I made a terrible mistake engaging with him.

The guy's talking about Disney somehow rating their movies and comparing To Kill a Mockingbird to a comic book movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    @Castle: "GOTG is a comedy and you are overreaching with the movie, noone walks out of gotg thinking of toxic relationships, GOTG is the one movie that set MCU on the downward part of colourful comedy disposable movies."
    So you did not see the darker stuff in both Guardians movies? I mean in the first few minutes alone Quills mother dies and minutes after that he gets kidnapped.
    To say nothing about the rest of the team.
    The only one not having made horrible experiences may be Groot.
    Watch the Gamora and Nebula dialogue in part 2 and still say that the movies are all about jokes.
    But hey even the Dark Knight had some jokes in it. If it were a MCU movie you would also call that a comedy.

Exactly this.

I don't even think he's watched the movies he's arguing about.

Some of us can't resist a good rhubarb.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Agreed

It's pointless to engage with someone who can only make bad faith arguments. There's nothing to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Some of us can't resist a good rhubarb.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
    What?

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What?
    Batman 1989 reference, a quote from Joker.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage