View Poll Results: When will Marvel Studios officially announce their first R Rated film.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

20 55.56%
  • Before Year 2225

16 44.44%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default When will Marvel Studios officially announce their first R Rated film.

News just reached me Birds Of Prey is R rated.I never knew that, it is not necessary either. DC is already beating MCU to get their first R Rated film. I personally think Marvel Studios is trolling everyone. There is no chance no way, no how Marvel Studios will ever produced an R Rated film.

Can anyone not bring up Touchstone or Miramax insisting those studios are owned by Disney like Marvel is owned by Disney. The difference is Disney is not directly involved in the production of movies released under touchstone and Miramax, Disney is very involved in the production of every Marvel movie from top to bottom.

Extraordinary Member

I can see it for sure but it wouldn't be MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I can see it for sure but it wouldn't be MCU.
    Why can't it be the MCU? What is wrong with MCU putting out R rated films.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Doesn't fit the tone and Disney would be losing money as low adults wouldn't be able to watch it. This would be problematic when say Blade turns up in Avengers and kids don't know who he is and adults complain he is watered down.

That's easy.

Doing it just so you can say you did even though it has nothing to do with what the game plan actually is.

The MCU doesn't need an R rated film, nor should they be concerned with putting out an R rated film. They are plenty successful and are making quality products while making lots of profit. Most of that profit comes from younger people and families. Marvel has Netflix and other studios to put out more gritty products if they so choose.

DC (more like Warner Bros) is foolish and this is simply another ploy to try and make money. It will probably fail like everything else they try, with the exception of Wonder Woman and their CW properties.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Doesn't fit the tone and Disney would be losing money as low adults wouldn't be able to watch it. This would be problematic when say Blade turns up in Avengers and kids don't know who he is and adults complain he is watered down.
    I am more depressed hearing people do have this opinions since Disney now has X-Men. Disney has X-Men now, there should be a shift in tone. The R Rated movies strings should continue. (X-Force/Deadpool 3)

Did Disney look at the numbers for Deadpool and Logan vs their production cost? With Tone, Days Of Future Past didn't have the tone as most MCU movies it still banked 750m, The Dark Knight was PG 13, it was the first comic film to surpass 1bn. Comic movies rated r or not does not have to have the tone Disney sees fit to make money, It sounds like an artistry problem for Marvel Studios, I never saw it as a money problem.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 11-02-2018 at 04:05 AM.

I am more depressed hearing people do have this opinions since Disney now has X-Men. Disney has X-Men now, there should be a shift in tone. The R Rated movies strings should continue. (X-Force/Deadpool 3)

Did Disney look at the numbers for Deadpool and Logan vs their production cost? With Tone, Days Of Future Past didn't have the tone as most MCU movies it still banked 750m, The Dark Knight was PG 13, it was the first comic films to surpass 1bn. Comic movies rated r or not does not have to have the Disney tone to make money. I used to think it was an artistry problem, I never saw it as a money problem.
    - Was it the only one?
    - If not, did any of the others have a star that died before their release?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    - Was it the only one?

It wasn't the only one. It is one of the many superhero movies that has never fallen into the generic comic movie trap.

- If not, did any of the others have a star that died before their release?
    Warner Brothers would not have lost money either if Heath Ledger had not died.

They won't because of math superhero movies are expensive and they want as many butts in theater seats as possible. Also what is the obsession with R rated movies? Outside of a few graphic novels Marvel and DC Superhero comics aren't R rated in the Source Material anyways.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Go to Netflix if you want rated R MCU. Marvel doesn't need to follow the leader because they are the leader.

BANNED

DCEU is welcome to the R rated shows. R rating adds no value to MCU films, including X-Men. No need to bring MCU quality down just to get a less valuable rating and the content that goes with it.

Bob Iger's already publicly said Marvel is free to make an R Rated movie, so this nonsense about them being incapable of doing so needs to die. If the Fox Marvel properties get moved to Marvel studios a Deadpool 3 will eventually be made and it will almost certainly be an R rated film.

Ultimate Member

When is the MCU doing an R-rated movie?

Maybe never. Marvel comics (with some exceptions) are basically PG-13, there's no reason for the movies to go R-rated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    When is the MCU doing an R-rated movie?

Maybe never. Marvel comics (with some exceptions) are basically PG-13, there's no reason for the movies to go R-rated.
    Ι wouldn't call the Red Skull holding Xavier's brain PG-13 material.