View Poll Results: When will Marvel Studios officially announce their first R Rated film.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

20 55.56%
  • Before Year 2225

16 44.44%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Ah, yes. I remember all those PG-13 movies where the protagonist got high on cocaine before a fight scene. Such a silly trope.
    Don't expect MCU to even have that in Deadpool 3.

I have already predicted that Deadpool 3 R rated with MCU will be lighter than PG 13 Fox X-men movies, I am more convinced after watching X-Men 3 again after years.

Ultimate Member

And just like that, a long held talking point is ded...D.E.D.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

I have already predicted that Deadpool 3 R rated with MCU will be lighter than PG 13 Fox X-men movies, I am more convinced after watching X-Men 3 again after years.
    Let it go.........

The "MCU will never make an R-rated movie" argument is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Let it go.........

Don't worry, i'm sure those dead set against the mcu will find a way to move the goalposts.

Personally, i don't think it needs to be R (its not like Deadpool comics are R-rated) but whatever

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    Don't worry, i'm sure those dead set against the mcu will find a way to move the goalposts.

Personally, i don't think it needs to be R (its not like Deadpool comics are R-rated) but whatever
    Same here. I actually never felt Deadpool should be rated-R because the comics aren't.

But since it's worked out like that...more power to them.

BANNED

Let it go.........

LOL.Except I never said that. I said MCU can make R Deadpool but R in name only, This is disney, they always looks for loopholes that never goes too far away from their formula.

Wait till everyone discovers Deadpool 3 R is even less R than Birds of Prey or less than BvS R.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-11-2021 at 12:04 PM.

BANNED

Same here. I actually never felt Deadpool should be rated-R because the comics aren't.

But since it's worked out like that...more power to them.
    Comics are violent , deadly and deal with a lot of mature content that would been seen as R if you are adapting the movie. Saying the comics don't have any R is just a lie with no bone of truth to it.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-11-2021 at 12:11 PM.

I never said anything about Deadpool. I was commenting on the fact that you said Birds of Prey was "R in name only."

Comics are violent , deadly and deal with a lot of mature content that would been seen as R if you are adapting the movie. Saying the comics don't have any R stuff is just a lie with no bone of truth to it.
    Some comics are violent and deal with mature content.

There are just as many "T" rated Deadpool comics, if not more, then there are rated higher.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

I never said anything about Deadpool. I was commenting on the fact that you said Birds of Prey was "R in name only."

Some

Because Birds of Prey is R in name alone. it should have stayed PG 13. the R ended up hurting the movie both commercially and critically.

Disney can not dare announce deadpool 3 will be pg 13 because there will be a big backlash that will end up carrying into the movie release. what they can do is make the movie more pg 13 but market it as R, to keep the hype of R rated Deadpool. this means nothing now because Joker and Logan are better R rated deadpool movies.

It's ironic you brought this up, I saw X-Men 3 last week. the movie could have easily gone R because of this scene.

it stayed PG 13. deadpool 3 having close to this type of scene in a Disney R movie is going to be very unlikely.

comics are violent and deal with mature content.

There are just as many "T" rated Deadpool comics, if not more, then there are rated higher.
    Comics are a different from of communication than movies. T rated deadpool comics are interchangeable with R rated movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-11-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Because Birds of Prey is R in name alone. it should have stayed PG 13. the R ended up hurting the movie both commercially and critically.
    And, again, I ask what PG-13 movie has the main protagonist getting high on cocaine before a fight scene.

The R rating also held nothing back critically. Deadpool was R. It received praise from critics.

Disney can not dare announce deadpool 3 will be pg 13 because there will be a big backlash that will end up carrying into the movie release. what they can do is make the movie more pg 13 but market it as R, to keep the hype of R rated Deadpool.
    That's a lot of personal opinion and speculation you're passing off as facts.

Comics are a different from of communication than movies. T rated deadpool comics are interchangeable with R rated movies.
    Hardly. 90% of Marvel's comic output is rated teen. Are all of those equivalent of an R rated movie? By that logic most of Marvel's movies should be rated R.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

LOL.Except I never said that. I said MCU can make R Deadpool but R in name only, This is disney, they always looks for loopholes that never goes too far away from their formula.

Wait till everyone discovers Deadpool 3 R is even less R than Birds of Prey or less than BvS R.
    Explain this because this doesn't make any sense.

BANNED

And, again, I ask what PG-13 movie has the main protagonist getting high on cocaine before a fight scene.

The R rating also held nothing back critically. Deadpool was R. It received praise from critics.
    Maybe critics felt baited by the R that was really not with birds of prey.
    That's a lot of personal opinion and speculation you're passing off as facts.
    Usually accurate opinions of amazing marketing by a well oil machined like Disney that we see all time.

Hardly. 90% of Marvel's comic output is rated teen. Are all of those equivalent of an R rated movie? By that logic most of Marvel's movies should be rated R.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Moving-Forward

Read what I said about to kill a mockingbird which is a children's book

Ultimate Member

Comics are violent , deadly and deal with a lot of mature content that would been seen as R if you are adapting the movie. Saying the comics don't have any R is just a lie with no bone of truth to it.
    This is false. If you want to have a real discussion you need to keep it honest.

Outside of comics with explicit mature ratings, most American superhero comics are T (teen) rated. It's literally on the cover of the comics.

Deadpool (outside of some select series) has largely not had explicit material like say Punisher MAX or Foolkiller.

Maybe critics felt baited by the R that was really not with birds of prey.
    Or because it was an R rated movie that was rated as an R rated movie. But keep dancing around my point.

Usually accurate opinions of amazing marketing by a well oil machined like Disney that we see all time.
    How is it an "accurate opinion" if Disney has yet to do an R-Rated Marvel movie, so you have zero basis for how the film will be made nor how it will be marketed. Something can't be "accurate" if it has no source from which to pull from.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Moving-Forward

Read what I said about to kill a mockingbird which is a children's book
    Nothing that you said addresses my point. If, by your logic, a "T" rated comic is the equivalent of an "R" rated movie, and the bulk of Marvel comics are rated "T", then why aren't the majority of Marvel movies rated "R"? Even if you completely remove the Disney films from the equation, films like Into the Spider-Verse, the 2015 Fantastic Four, and numerous others based on "T" rated comics would be "R" rated movies.

BANNED

This is false. If you want to have a real discussion you need to keep it honest.
    r.
    To be fair it is not false, I was going to say the same thing to you, to keep it honest but i thought it may appear rude. you cannot compare marvel code comics directly to movies code. if you honestly compare that, you would know many marvel comics code will be R. that is what Ryan Renyolds tapped into when he made Deadpool 1. He has already played deadpool in PG xmen origins, why did he not keep the pg 13 rating for Deadpool 1?
    Outside of comics with explicit mature ratings, most American superhero comics are T (teen) rated. It's literally on the cover of the comics.

Stacked up against MCU movies? have you ever read to kill a mockingbird, a children's book, some kids to teens said when they read it, it was the first time they even words like rape or the N word, any studio on a giving day can still put this in pg movies except some few studios.

Before Disney MCU came along, we never needed to stress on what was r rated or pg 13 but Disney mcu got so dumbed down and unrealistically kid friendly that ratings now became an issue looking at other movies.

If you are interchanging r rated with adult or explicit, Sam Raimi Spiderman is R when only compared to Tom Holland Spiderman by MCU own movie code of Spiderman.

Its not the house, it's what is in the house that matters.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-11-2021 at 01:30 PM.