View Poll Results: When will Marvel Studios officially announce their first R Rated film.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

20 55.56%
  • Before Year 2225

16 44.44%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Or because it was an R rated movie that was rated as an R rated movie. But keep dancing around my point.
    you are a big birds of prey fan but it still does not change anything the movie was jumping on the revived R bandwagon of Deadpool and joker with mixed results.

How is it an "accurate opinion" if Disney has yet to do an R-Rated Marvel movie, so you have zero basis for how the film will be made nor how it will be marketed. Something can't be "accurate" if it has no source from which to pull from.

Maybe because I know a thing or two about marketing and I have seen how Disney, WB, Paramount all play their game.

Nothing that you said addresses my point. If, by your logic, a "T" rated comic is the equivalent of an "R" rated movie, and the bulk of Marvel comics are rated "T", then why aren't the majority of Marvel movies rated "R"? Even if you completely remove the Disney films from the equation, films like Into the Spider-Verse, the 2015 Fantastic Four, and numerous others based on "T" rated comics would be "R" rated movies.
    Cutting the story short. Many T rated comics become r rated movies while some can still stay pg 13, however you still have to cut it down more to meet an MCU film.

Birds of prey got r because of cocaine sniffing, that can be done in a pg 13 fox movie. it cannot be done in any mcu movie pg 13 mcu movie.ratings movie code are different for everyone.

When it comes to the Deadpool news, I'm rather unenthused about this being part of the "main" MCU instead of just "elsewhere"

I'm not really looking forward to Deadpool being in the MCU. let him be on his own world. I'm not interested in a bunch of relentless drug references, di_k jokes, farting and gay-panic jokes at the expense of the other Marvel heroes. Trying to infuse a bunch of edgelord commentary into the MCU films is not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    you are a big birds of prey fan but it still does not change anything the movie was jumping on the revived R bandwagon of Deadpool and joker with mixed results.
    Where did I at any point give my opinion on the Birds of Prey movie? How does disputing what you feel does and does not constitute an "R" rating make me a "big fan"?

Maybe because I know a thing or two about marketing and I have seen how Disney, WB, Paramount all play their game.
    If you know a thing or two about marketing, you clearly aren't showing it with your responses. So, again, it's probably not best to push your personal opinion as facts.

Cutting the story short. Many T rated comics become r rated movies while some can still stay pg 13, however you still have to cut it down more to meet an MCU film.
    Again, you don't know that because there hasn't been an R rated MCU film. You have zero idea what is and isn't allowed.

Birds of prey got r because of cocaine sniffing, that can be done in a pg 13 fox movie. it cannot be done in any mcu movie pg 13 mcu movie.ratings movie code are different for everyone.
    No, MPAA ratings guidelines are the same for everyone across the board. The MPAA doesn't have some magical chart that states "this is OK for this production company, but not for this production company." That's moronic and completely invalidates the entire point of the ratings system.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I swear unless Marvel Studios does an Superhero version of Caligula some people will never accept anything they do as R rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I swear unless Marvel Studios does an Superhero version of Caligula some people will never accept anything they do as R rated.
    Lol naw the goal post just keeps moving.

But don't worry I heard the rumor they are gonna bring the MCU to an end with a movie that's just one giant orgy. Just you wait

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Probably because we already know everything about Marvel Studios that is to know. Marvel studios has never exceeded any expectations playing with their own ratings and MPAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Where did I at any point give my opinion on the Birds of Prey movie? How does disputing what you feel does and does not constitute an "R" rating make me a "big fan"?
    If birds of prey had stayed pg, the movie would have made more money and gotten a sequel.

If you know a thing or two about marketing, you clearly aren't showing it with your responses. So, again, it's probably not best to push your personal opinion as facts.
    Deadpool is the undisputed king of r rated comic films. MCU is not loosing that tagline for the character, the movie itself is a different thing.

Again, you don't know that because there hasn't been an R rated MCU film. You have zero idea what is and isn't allowed.
    we have many ideas of what is allowed in their pg 13 movies. MCU is now only doing R because Deadpool has trapped them to and they have no choice but to at least give deadpool r even if it will be crumbs R.

No, MPAA ratings guidelines are the same for everyone across the board. The MPAA doesn't have some magical chart that states "this is OK for this production company, but not for this production company." That's moronic and completely invalidates the entire point of the ratings system.
    No, MCU has its own separate guidelines separate from MPAA. One good one is MPAA guidelines allows smoking in their films PG, U and R rated. MCU does not allow smoking in their films even if MPAA allows it. There are more of these grey rules. Marvel would unlikely stray far from it with PG 13 or R.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-11-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Probably because we already know everything about Marvel Studios that is to know. Marvel studios has never exceeded any expectations playing with their own ratings and MPAA.

If birds of prey had stayed pg, the movie would have made more money and gotten a sequel.

Deadpool is the undisputed king of r rated comic films. MCU is not loosing that tagline for the character, the movie itself is a different thing.

we have many ideas of what is allowed in their pg 13 movies. MCU is now only doing R because Deadpool has trapped them to and they have no choice but to at least give deadpool r even if it will be crumbs R.

No, MCU has its own separate guidelines separate from MPAA. One good one is MPAA guidelines allows smoking in their films PG, U and R rated. MCU does not allow smoking in their films even if MPAA allows it. There are more of these grey rules. Marvel would unlikely stray far from it with PG 13 or R.
    You think Marvel rates it's own movies since they have their own separate guidelines?

Would it have made more money? Yes, as it would have reached a larger audience. Would it have received a sequel? There's no guarantee of that. The movie wasn't exactly well loved. Making the same movie with a different rating wouldn't have changed that.

Which you don't know because you've seen nothing about the movie yet.

Again, your personal opinion. What Marvel does with a PG-13 movie is zero indication of what they will do in an R rated movie because an R rated movie is not a PG-13 movie. Your personal opinion of the MCU does not change this.

Their guidelines have not applied to an R rated movie yet because there hasn't been one. You have zero clue as to which of those guidelines do and don't stay. Most major studios stopped putting smoking in their films back in the mid-2000s, yet there are countless R-rated movies that have been made since. Are they not legitimate R rated films because the studio mandated something in them?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Wow, this's still going on, despite there not even being a movie to judge in the first place?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

To be fair it is not false, I was going to say the same thing to you, to keep it honest but i thought it may appear rude. you cannot compare marvel code comics directly to movies code. if you honestly compare that, you would know many marvel comics code will be R. that is what Ryan Renyolds tapped into when he made Deadpool 1. He has already played deadpool in PG xmen origins, why did he not keep the pg 13 rating for Deadpool 1?

Stacked up against MCU movies? have you ever read to kill a mockingbird, a children's book, some kids to teens said when they read it, it was the first time they even words like rape or the N word, any studio on a giving day can still put this in pg movies except some few studios.

Before Disney MCU came along, we never needed to stress on what was r rated or pg 13 but Disney mcu got so dumbed down and unrealistically kid friendly that ratings now became an issue looking at other movies.

If you are interchanging r rated with adult or explicit, Sam Raimi Spiderman is R when only compared to Tom Holland Spiderman by MCU own movie code of Spiderman.

Its not the house, it's what is in the house that matters.
    To kill a mockingbird isn’t a superhero comic. So it’s totally irrelevant here.

Have you actually read Deadpool comics? And I'm saying this to be rude because outside of Duggar’s run and Deadpool MAX, vast majority of them don’t have any material that would take the movie into R-rated territory. Most explicit stuff happens off screen like a PG-13 movie.

The film makers made that decision and it was successful so good on them. But it’s totally false to suggest that most superhero comics have R-rated material. That’s not to say that some superhero comics don’t have R-rated material but those generally fall under the mature reader category or are indie titles.

Seriously, this isn’t Reddit or YouTube, this is CBR and we all read comics here and we know for a fact that most superhero comics don’t have R-rated material. I’m not sure why you keep saying it when it’s quite clearly not the case and has never been the case. Like seriously, why not just move along from this talking point because Marvel is keeping Deadpool rated-R, so there's really no discussion about this to be had. Moreso when we don't even know what the content of the Deadpool movie will be.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-12-2021 at 12:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You think Marvel rates it's own movies since they have their own separate guidelines?
    Exactly this. Marvel doesn’t rate its own movies, the MPAA does.

If Marvel is going to make an R-rated movie, there’s going to be stuff in there that makes rated R. Period.

Astonishing Member

Comics are violent , deadly and deal with a lot of mature content that would been seen as R if you are adapting the movie. Saying the comics don't have any R is just a lie with no bone of truth to it.
    The Max line and Vertigo line back in the day for Marvel and DC. There's no nudity and swearing in the majority of the comics. Do you read a lot of mainstream Marvel and DC? Most of the violence in the superhero comics aren't that graphic compared to something like The Boys by Garth Ennis.

Incredible Member

who gives a f when marvel releases a r-rated movie. as long as the movie is good , who really gives a damn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    who gives a f when marvel releases a r-rated movie. as long as the movie is good , who really gives a damn.
    Some posters are longing for F bombs and onscreen sex between their favorite heroes or villains.

BANNED

Don't expect MCU to even have that in Deadpool 3.

I have already predicted that Deadpool 3 R rated with MCU will be lighter than PG 13 Fox X-men movies, I am more convinced after watching X-Men 3 again after years.
    And as usual you are wrong. But thanks for the " Deadpool 3 R rated with MCU will be lighter than PG 13 Fox X-men movies" thing. Makes me laugh and proves that you either have no idea, what you are talking about or would twist anything to try to prove your "argument".

Sad thing is one of the first things that came to mind after hearing the news was "how will Castle try to spin this"