Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diablo Immortal

Default Diablo Immortal

A new Mobile MMO set between diablo 2 and 3

Im conflicted about this

On one hand...cool, I usually keep a mobile game or two in rotation so I'll mess with this if it isn't total ass.

But on the other hand...this was their big Blizzcon announcement for Diablo? They're lucky people didn't riot and set the building on fire.

Diablo MMO! SWEET CHRISTMAS!

Set between 2 & 3!? Fantasic!

... on a phone!? WTF hard pass.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That cinematic trailer is dope. I'm sure this game will be a lot of fun. And its free.

Too bad I'm more of a hardcore gamer and don't play mobile games
    The J-man

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    On one hand...cool, I usually keep a mobile game or two in rotation so I'll mess with this if it isn't total ass.

But on the other hand...this was their big Blizzcon announcement for Diablo? They're lucky people didn't riot and set the building on fire.
    They basically booed it and have ripped the company a new ass. Most comical part was the guy going , "Come on , I'm sure you all have phones..." as the audience turned hard against it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think they may have lost their fan base with this treatment of people.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think they may have lost their fan base with this treatment of people.
    I doubt it. They'll get all those same fans back and more when they announce Diablo 4. Video game fans are a fickle bunch.

BANNED

This as Blizzard's flagship announcement from Blizzcon is supremely disappointing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I doubt it. They'll get all those same fans back and more when they announce Diablo 4. Video game fans are a fickle bunch.
    If a hardcore fan feels alinated or burned that's what happens. There are a couple of people who jumped to Path of Exile thanks to this announcement.

Astonishing Member

This game is going to drown.

1)Diablo fans are already taking to the internet to badmouth it to hell and back. "Don't you guys have phones?" in particular is going to haunt them forever.

2)The kind people who play mobile games generally don't follow video game news or reviews, so the only things they might hear about Immortal is the aformentioned badmouthing

3)The mobile market is beyond saturated. Mobile games are no longer a guaranteed moneymaker.

4)On top of all that Blizzard isn't even developing the damned thing.

So yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say Diablo Immortal is ironically named.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If a hardcore fan feels alinated or burned that's what happens. There are a couple of people who jumped to Path of Exile thanks to this announcement.
    Oh, I'm sure there are fans who feel alienated/burned, but my point is that no matter how heated they get over this now, as soon as there's a Diablo 4 or whatever the next actual big Diablo game is, fans will jump back on the Blizzard bandwagon. And that's fine, I'm not judging. It's just amusing to me that people claim they will never support Blizzard again after this when it's such hyperbole.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Oh, I'm sure there are fans who feel alienated/burned, but my point is that no matter how heated they get over this now, as soon as there's a Diablo 4 or whatever the next actual big Diablo game is, fans will jump back on the Blizzard bandwagon. And that's fine, I'm not judging. It's just amusing to me that people claim they will never support Blizzard again after this when it's such hyperbole.
    I'm not sure about that. If Blizzard remains disconnected with their fans Diablo 4 won't be enough to bring back the fans they lost. They'll have to do a lot of crowd winning especially if any ounce of Immortal makes its way to 4.

They truly are. This game is going to make a shitload of money, as Blizzard's games always do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    They truly are. This game is going to make a shitload of money, as Blizzard's games always do.
    That is...not even close to being a certainty.

Mobile gaming isn't the cash cow it was originally perceived to be. Even Blizzard's own mobile version of Hearthstone has been in a state of steady decline as of late.

Man, this annoucement caused fans/hardcore gamers alienated worse than Metroid: Other M, Metroid Prime Federations, Soul Calivur V, Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite and Mass Effect Andromeda which both games caused a PR shitstorm
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 11-10-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki