Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member Kaled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    249

    Default Books-A-Million and Comics

    Does anyone know if BAM is still selling comics? I have not seen any new comics at my 2 area Books-A-Million in a month.

  2. #2
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Royal Castle of Atlantica, High Court of Terra
    Posts
    19,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Does anyone know if BAM is still selling comics? I have not seen any new comics at my 2 area Books-A-Million in a month.
    They sell comics on their website. If your local stores aren't selling them, there might be another reason. Next time you go, as to speak to a manager about it. Let them know you are a buyer of comics. I worked in a bookstore once. Every store is different, and most are stocked based on predictions of what will sell, eliminating those that won't. Maybe there isn't a high demand for comic books in your area, or maybe their algorithms are off and they are missing a big target audience of potential shoppers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  3. #3
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)
    Posts
    2,091

    Default

    You can find 50 dollar trades for 10 dollars at BAM. Great place to buy comics.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    You can find 50 dollar trades for 10 dollars at BAM. Great place to buy comics.
    But are those individual issues of comic books or just trade paperback and hardcover collections (which are much easier to find from just about anywhere, really . . . even on the Walmart website)?
    I know Books-a-Million use to get variant single issue comic book covers specific to their chain in the past, but I don't remember how long it's been since I've noticed that.

  5. #5
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    12,370

    Default

    They have them at mine but good luck trying to find anything. They never put anything in order

  6. #6
    Spectacular Member Kaled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Just an update. Apparently BAM has stopped selling comics. They still sell the graphic novels. I don't know the specifics but apparently it has something to do with Diamond. I understand they are looking for another distributor to get comics but until they do collectors are sol.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Just an update. Apparently BAM has stopped selling comics. They still sell the graphic novels. I don't know the specifics but apparently it has something to do with Diamond. I understand they are looking for another distributor to get comics but until they do collectors are sol.
    And since neither Marvel nor DC seem to produce comic books specifically for newsstand distribution here in the United States anymore, don't know what other options BAM would easily have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •