Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

belldandy.jpg

Enough power to turn the planet to dust.

And the conviction to never use it.

Proven by the fact that she chose to spend the best years of her life with a human despite knowing what kind of pain is waiting for her by doing so.

Belldandy's mere existence is going to drive Yujiro insane.

So, if she decides that there is hope for him yet...

He should break in about a week.

BANNED

I forgot one...

6825-44-optimize_d.jpg

Birdy Cephon Altera. Why?

Being strong= no need to kill people.

Being strong = all work is easy work, therefore strength = the leeway to be lazy!

Being strong = no need to fight; people usually give up if she bullies them a bit. So less violence and mission accomplished.

Being strong = being careful, so she doesn't kill anybody(see #1...) but it also means she takes a lot of punishment she doesn't have to. But it doesn't matter, since...

Being strong = she can tank a whole lot, so less need for overwhelming force.

And lastly, being strong = RESPONSIBILITY TO, AND FOR OTHERS. Hence why she's a cop.

That is Birdy. In a weakened state, since her strength also sustains a second consciousness(which also acts as a limiter of sorts...)

If Belldandy's existence would be maddening to Yujiro, Birdy's principles of living would be the antithesis to everything he believes in. If anything she would remind him a lot of Yuuichiro, his father, and that would drive him nuts; "huh? Why fight if I don't have to? Fighting means having to eat more, and I don't want to work so much..."

Yup, the part what would drive him nuts, is that he'll never be able to make her fight him.
    Last edited by T51R; 11-05-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, I feel like a lot of you don't really get Yujiro.

Losing to someone won't break his pride. If anything, he wants to lose. The whole point of Baki, his son, existing is to try and get someone to fight him evenly. I think losing clean would really make him happy because then he'd have something to strive for. Saitama's bizarre natural strength and lack of training wouldn't worry Yujiro. Heck, Yujiro thinks that training and styles and techniques are for chumps and only respects pure power. He and Saitama might get along oddly well in a way, both feel the weird ennui of being the absolute apex in their respective worlds.

I think BitVyper's suggestion of Enigmatic Gale is probably the most likely one to actually work.
    Mind you, the way he 'lost' to Baki and the manner in which he wanted to lose, still basically affirmed his worldview. Like I said before, I think there's ways for him to lose a fight that utterly degrade the concepts he lives by, and those would probably be pretty jarring to him.

But yeah, I think getting Baki to reject fighting and just go live a less stupid life might actually break Yujiro completely for a bunch of reasons. And it's exactly the sort of bullshit the Enigmatic Gale would do.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-05-2018 at 06:34 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Gale is awesome that way, he outright trolls and breaks opponents wills.

Made it feel so good what he did to Bones of Creation.

Yeah I can see Gale doing that to Yujiro.

Because a person whonoytright beats Yujiro is not working, the point is the guy wants to lose now out of boredom.

You need someone to swirch and challenge hisvworld view and can do it.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Gale is awesome that way, he outright trolls and breaks opponents wills.

Made it feel so good what he did to Bones of Creation.

Yeah I can see Gale doing that to Yujiro.

Because a person whonoytright beats Yujiro is not working, the point is the guy wants to lose now out of boredom.

You need someone to swirch and challenge hisvworld view and can do it.
    New season of Thunderbolt Fantasy up on Crunchyroll btw.

I will say that, to be fair, we don’t have a very good benchmark for how he’d react to getting just completely outdone and destroyed without a fight. That’s the kind of thing it’s hard to reliably comment on without seeing it happen. But yeah, I kind of doubt that alone would damage his self-perception. Again, like I said at the start, I think that changes if the person who stomps him does so in such a way that it undermines his basic concept of training and fighting and surviving, like being trivially beaten by technology that makes his skills irrelevant.

Ultimately let’s not forget that the world he inhabits is a hypermasculine dystopia that constantly affirms his bullshit, and we don’t really know how he’d react if taken out of that atmosphere. ‘Cause I'm not going to deny the possibility that he’d go full Twitter mra
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands