Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old Man Quill

Default Old Man Quill

Marvel just announced Old Man Quill. Star-Lord and the Guardians of the Galaxy return to Earth, not knowing it's become an apocalyptic wasteland. Launches in February.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...n-quill-lucca/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I thought they were making Old Man Punisher ,as referenced by OML Annual ?

But we already got an Old Man Quill, thanks to DnA!
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 11-03-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Marvel is really beating this particular dead horse to a bloody pulp.
    #EmmaWasRight

Haven’t cared much for the other “Old Man” titles but i am interested in this one.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

This is curious.

The OML universe was saved after Logan beheaded Captain President Skull isnt ?

A reconstruction of that world could be a good premise.

something like the new Avengers Xmen and etc. re build the world.

BANNED

Kinda of really disappointing that Marvel gave a chance to a someone who has no character b4 Giffien run and even after that it was ended by the end of Abnett's run and not giving a chance to someone who was written by some of the best writers in comics i.e Frank .
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-03-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Okay, I think they're starting to really stretch this "Old Man _____" premise .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Old Man Groot!?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not until they get to the "Old Man Old Man Logan" series! (oops, maybe I SHOULDN'T give them ideas!)

I liked the Old Man Logan book. I'm enjoying the Old Man Hawkeye book. But OMH works because it expands on a character in the original Old Man Logan story. It's almost more like a prequel than a side story just with a different character.

This? The preview pages would have to look great for me to give it a shot. Quill's an OK character but it feels so pointless.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

This is becoming a stupid gimmick

BANNED

Sigh. Old Man Logan worked because it was (kind of) something new. Old Man Hawkeye, despite my initial disinterest, has been pretty decent, and I've been enjoying seeing the Thunderbolts, who are largely MIA right now. Anyway, we don't really need an Old Man ________ for every character in the MU, especially if it's a story that can be told in a oneshot or miniseries. I'd rather Marvel promote the dozens of brilliant characters that aren't in use, rather than push out multiple titles for the same characters we've already seen at the forefront of Marvel comics in the last few years.

Since it's already happening though, I do hope to see Old Man Rocket and Old Man Groot with Quill, just because I'm interested in their character design

Weird that they keep using the Old Man gimmick yet rather than simply returning Old Man Logan to his time to tell stories of him taking back his world, they’re killing him off in 616.

Yeah, I don’t really want this. In all honesty if Marvel just wants to play with the Old Man Logan world, work with what Hickman did with Fantastic Force/ New Defenders where they have the heroes take the world back from the villains who killed them instead of these continuous “Old man” series, I mean DC is already making fun of it with Old Woman Harley.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.