Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old Man Quill

Im interested. Be cool to see the cosmic side of marvel with hopefully a more serious tone.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-03-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Man Peter's going to be really upset.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'd rather Marvel promote the dozens of brilliant characters that aren't in use, rather than push out multiple titles for the same characters we've already seen at the forefront of Marvel comics in the last few years.
    It's weird that they're even pushing for a Peter Quill solo since they tried like three times in the last few years and his books got cancelled each time. Like, I get capitalizing on popular things, but a solo Star-Lord book hasn't really been that. Just goes to show how the MCU has helped some characters stay in print no matter what. And if they're just gonna publish stuff that's not sure fire sellers, I agree that I much rather see some fresh faces instead of the ones we're already seeing everywhere. Case in point: making Cosmic Ghost Rider turn out to be Frank Castle was a major turn off for me.

Eh, screw the hate I am H-Y-P-E for this book.

I really like Old Man Logan and the idea of Earth-807128, and I’ve been questioning what the cosmic side of this world is like, so this is an instant buy from me. Hopefully we’ll get that “Old Man Frank” book sometime soon too! And since it’s a sequel to the original Old Man Logan series, maybe we’ll get to get a few glimpses of the reconstructed of Earth as well!

I have confidence that Ethan Sacks can slay on this series like he did on OMH, and Robert Gill is a fitting choice for a dystopian sci-fi story based on what I’ve seen.
    Last edited by Colt Cape; 11-03-2018 at 07:01 PM.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Give us an old woman title. I dare you marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Was Old Woman Khan, Old Woman Laura and Old Woman Kate Bishop were not enough!?
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 11-04-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Was Old Woman Khan, Old Woman Laura and Old Woman Kate Bishop were not enough!?
    What did I miss, when did they get their title?

I think they are they are milking the old man books BUT I think overall it is isn't a big deal because they are basically limited series . Plus other fans and I have complained about characters not getting any growth or getting old and this technically is that. The big two comics have beginning and middle and never a end. This is a "end" so it is interesting way to explore something that will never come to be in the main continuity.

Niffleheim

What did I miss, when did they get their title?
    They didn't get their own titles but i think the poster is stating that "Old Woman Khan, Old Woman Laura and Old Woman Kate Bishop" got stories which should be enough.

Kate's was in Old Man Hawkeye, so it's not even HER story. They're hunting down the Thunderbolts, a follow-up to Clint's leadership of that team in the late 90s.

Laura's and Kamala's aren't in this universe (Laura and Gabby were both confirmed dead in Laura's Civil War II arc when they met Old Man Logan - I would imagine that the Champions, including Kamala, died the same way the Avengers did, though the original OML story doesn't mention that as none of the team members existed yet when it was published, except for the then-unpowered Amadeus Cho).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kate's was in Old Man Hawkeye, so it's not even HER story. They're hunting down the Thunderbolts, a follow-up to Clint's leadership of that team in the late 90s.

Laura's and Kamala's aren't in this universe (Laura and Gabby were both confirmed dead in Laura's Civil War II arc when they met Old Man Logan - I would imagine that the Champions, including Kamala, died the same way the Avengers did, though the original OML story doesn't mention that as none of the team members existed yet when it was published, except for the then-unpowered Amadeus Cho).
    Digifiend my friend I don't think you got the memo, Ralmist said it should be enough so we don't have a say in it anymore. He really got me good there. /s
    Last edited by Captain M; 11-04-2018 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    They didn't get their own titles but i think the poster is stating that "Old Woman Khan, Old Woman Laura and Old Woman Kate Bishop" got stories which should be enough.
    Or maybe those stories should be continued.
    1) It would be nice if young and old Khan meet with each other. Maybe the young one could remind the old one that she was used to be an optimistic person.
    2) At least the Old Woman Laura world was not a dystopian future. Which is weird because the X-Men's futures are mostly bad ones. So it would be a beatiful contrast to the Old Man Logan world.
    3) What was the last Clint Barton comics where Kate never ever appeared!? For me Old Man Hawkeye was both a Clint Barton AND a Kate Bishop comics!

(And my English is still not great....)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Im interested. Be cool to see the cosmic side of marvel with hopefully a more serious tone.
    Yeah, I think there's a novelty in seeing an Old Man series from the cosmic side. Also, the fact that Quill is not the same kind of hard-bitten, grizzled character that Logan and Clint are should make this interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    Eh, screw the hate I am H-Y-P-E for this book.

I really like Old Man Logan and the idea of Earth-807128, and I’ve been questioning what the cosmic side of this world is like, so this is an instant buy from me. Hopefully we’ll get that “Old Man Frank” book sometime soon too! And since it’s a sequel to the original Old Man Logan series, maybe we’ll get to get a few glimpses of the reconstructed of Earth as well!

I have confidence that Ethan Sacks can slay on this series like he did on OMH, and Robert Gill is a fitting choice for a dystopian sci-fi story based on what I’ve seen.
    I enjoyed the issues of OMH that I read. Had to drop it for budgetary considerations but it was a good book so I'm sure Sacks can rock it out on this one, too.

Old Woman Khan is in Exiles now and Old Woman Bishop has been in the Old Man Hawkeye series.

The villain will be a dead horse Old Man Quill will spend 12 issues beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Old Woman Khan is in Exiles now and Old Woman Bishop has been in the Old Man Hawkeye series.
    Title

I don't get what's so complicated about my comment