Page 233 of 256 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3829

Thread: Anime talk

So I finished the first two episodes of Eureka Seven. I'm liking what I've seen so far. The characters and wordbuilding seem cool and I'm interested in how everything will start to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    A Place Further Than the Universe focuses indeed more on the friendships between high school girls than on the journey to Antarctica. I watched the episodes 5-6.
    The episode 6 "Welcome to the Durian Show" is really a fun episode. They have extravagant fun and a bit of worrisome trouble in Singapore. Obviously, whoever wrote the script have no clue how delicious the durian is. Durians have an overwhelmingly strong smell but taste distinctly delicious. I have eaten durians and I say it is good. The Durian deserves the nickname "king of fruits". Novelist Anthony Burgess writes that eating durian is "like eating sweet raspberry blancmange in the lavatory".
    The great thing about the show is it keeps getting better from there. The comedy and emotion are so well done plus you'll get to meet more of the crew next episode.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Gotta say, Team Fourstar's Hellsing abridged is probably the funniest thing anyone's ever done with vampires, ever.

You're like Witches in Salem. Just fuel for my fire.

Hello, my name is Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori and I'll be your comfy food anime of the season.

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A Place Further Than the Universe focuses indeed more on the friendships between high school girls than on the journey to Antarctica. I watched the episodes 5-6.
    The episode 6 "Welcome to the Durian Show" is really a fun episode. They have extravagant fun and a bit of worrisome trouble in Singapore. Obviously, whoever wrote the script have no clue how delicious the durian is. Durians have an overwhelmingly strong smell but taste distinctly delicious. I have eaten durians and I say it is good. The Durian deserves the nickname "king of fruits". Novelist Anthony Burgess writes that eating durian is "like eating sweet raspberry blancmange in the lavatory".
    I haven't gotten that far, but I'm definitely liking this show.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    So I finished the first two episodes of Eureka Seven. I'm liking what I've seen so far. The characters and wordbuilding seem cool and I'm interested in how everything will start to play out.

The great thing about the show is it keeps getting better from there. The comedy and emotion are so well done plus you'll get to meet more of the crew next episode.
    Yes, Shirase-chan made a fairly good speech in the episode 7. Some of the crew are rather generic.

Yes, Shirase-chan made a fairly good speech in the episode 7. Some of the crew are rather generic.
    Just remember, the girls are underage.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Hinamatsuri Ep2 - It's been a while since I've laughed this hard. I've already re-watched both episodes several times along with a couple reaction videos. I think I may have a problem.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Stupid Darling in the FranXX fans, pissing me off with their waifu wars nonsense. spoilers:
    It's open season on Ichigo for being "a bitch who ruins everything," but nevermind the fact that 002 lied to Hiro about having feelings for him and tried to kill him until she realized he was the person from her past. She only feels bad because she tried to kill the wrong guy. But Ichigo is the bad guy for being a stick in the mud. Okaaaay.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Stupid Darling in the FranXX fans, pissing me off with their waifu wars nonsense. spoilers:
    It's open season on Ichigo for being "a bitch who ruins everything," but nevermind the fact that 002 lied to Hiro about having feelings for him and tried to kill him until she realized he was the person from her past. She only feels bad because she tried to kill the wrong guy. But Ichigo is the bad guy for being a stick in the mud. Okaaaay.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah that sucks. Found myself avoiding Violet Evergarden discussions because of the studio wars crap. I was also nervous about the level of s***posting for Gun Gale Online considering its ties to SAO.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Yeah that sucks. Found myself avoiding Violet Evergarden discussions because of the studio wars crap. I was also nervous about the level of s***posting for Gun Gale Online considering its ties to SAO.
    It's a good twist. It's complex and interesting. Seeing it brought down to the level of "No, your waifu is shit!" makes me wonder how we ever have nice things. What a bunch of simps.

It's a good twist. It's complex and interesting. Seeing it brought down to the level of "No, your waifu is shit!" makes me wonder how we ever have nice things. What a bunch of simps.
    Sadly certain shows will have some of the worst discussions. Learned that the hard way with Unlimited Blade Works. Funnily enough, someone on the crunchyroll forum fixed this by making a separate thread where they could bitch about stuff. It became a containment area for a lot of the garbage which in turn smoothed everything out for actual discussions. If you're dealing with this stuff on MAL or crunchyroll, maybe you could create your own containment thread for waifu stuff and ask people if they could take it there?
    Last edited by harashkupo; 04-15-2018 at 02:38 AM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member

end of spoilers
    Most internet fans are awful. Especially when it comes to shipping. If you want to see the worst of it, just look at the reactions to the canon ships for Bleach and Naruto. The shippers on the "losing" side are to this day being really spiteful about it.

As for the DitF episode this week. I just feel real bad for everybody involved.
    spoilers:
    02 and Hiro had a possibility for some genuine happiness within their grasp, but they both got to impatient and 02 made a mess of thing with her unresolved frustrations. And poor Ichigo has yelled out her heart's true desire, but Hiro just isn't that in to her and him having an unresolved connection to 02 won't help Ichigo.
    end of spoilers
    Everybody is sad and hurting. But I don't think that Ichigo acted wrong in the least based on what she knows about the situation.

Astonishing Member

My Hero Academia: I figured that they'd extend the forest scene, and they did a nice job of it. Some great animations, and it's always fun to see the class use all their different quirks.

They did a good job of introducing Kota as well.

#getwreckedmineta

By far Megalo Box's ED is my favorite of the season. I can't stop listening to it.

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Started the second season of Dagashi Kashi last night. Hotaru, Coconuts and the gang are just as funny as ever, however, I'm kinda disappointed because the episodes are only twelve minutes long. Bummer!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!