Page 213 of 256 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3829

Thread: Anime talk

Astonishing Member

Watched the first episode of Darling in the FRANXX yesterday.

The animation is gorgeous, as one would expect from Trigger, and the plot for the first episode is mainly setting up the world and the two main characters who pilot a mecha via making out.

There's going to be a lot of subtext with this one, isn't there?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Forgive me if I've already asked this (I'm old and forget stuff), but has anyone seen Fate/Apocrypha, and is it worth watching?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just finished Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, the way the story is set up reminded me one of those 90's like Go with a few plot lines interwoven through a couple of random acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Watched the first episode of Darling in the FRANXX yesterday.

The animation is gorgeous, as one would expect from Trigger, and the plot for the first episode is mainly setting up the world and the two main characters who pilot a mecha via making out.

There's going to be a lot of subtext with this one, isn't there?
    Poor A-1 gettin no love
    So far I'm digging what I've seen. The characters are likable and like you said, it's a good looking show. This and Encore will be providing my action fix for the season.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Forgive me if I've already asked this (I'm old and forget stuff), but has anyone seen Fate/Apocrypha, and is it worth watching?
    I enjoyed it. Nothing truly exceptional except for the animation at season's end. The side characters really make the show and when all is said and done the series is a fun ride. If you like battle royales and cool fights then go for it.
    Last edited by harashkupo; 01-14-2018 at 03:44 AM.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Astonishing Member

Fate: Apocrypha is a lot of fun.

Lots of engaging and entertaining characters, cool action scenes (especially in the last few episodes) and an overall satisfying story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Poor A-1 gettin no love
    So far I'm digging what I've seen. The characters are likable and like you said, it's a good looking show. This and Encore will be providing my action fix for the season.
    Oh yeah, A-1 is working with Trigger on this. It's rude to forget that.

Though I will admit that I'm a bit blind as to who is handling what. ^^'

I enjoyed it. Nothing truly exceptional except for the animation at season's end. The side characters really make the show and when all is said and done the series is a fun ride. If you like battle royales and cool fights then go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Fate: Apocrypha is a lot of fun.

Lots of engaging and entertaining characters, cool action scenes (especially in the last few episodes) and an overall satisfying story.
    Thanks for the info. I'll give the show a looksee.

Thanks for the info. I'll give the show a looksee.
    Weren't you also catching up on some amazon shows? Strike gold with anything?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Well, I already mentioned Princess Principal, I’m going to check out Welcome to the Ballroom And a couple more shows I’m interested in.

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

The worst part of watching subs on Amazon is they had an idiot pick out the subtitle font - there's no shading, so when the background color is close to the sub color, you basically have no dialogue. The double paywall was only the most known of Amazon's problems trying to do anything with anime - they have others as well. There's no real list of what they have, meaning you will often have to search for a show by name to find it, and the subtitles they use are easily the absolute worst I have come across - even closed captioning which puts black bars across the bottom of the screen would be better.

Well, I already mentioned Princess Principal, I’m going to check out Welcome to the Ballroom And a couple more shows I’m interested in.
    Nice! PriPri had the best sword fight of 2017 and most of that episode was animated by one guy. Hopefully we'll see more from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The worst part of watching subs on Amazon is they had an idiot pick out the subtitle font - there's no shading, so when the background color is close to the sub color, you basically have no dialogue. The double paywall was only the most known of Amazon's problems trying to do anything with anime - they have others as well. There's no real list of what they have, meaning you will often have to search for a show by name to find it, and the subtitles they use are easily the absolute worst I have come across - even closed captioning which puts black bars across the bottom of the screen would be better.
    Them and Netflix got a hold of some really good shows. Here's a list of what I consider amazon must sees
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/35557/..._TV?q=Lustrous
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/34599/...e%20in%20Abyss
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/35838/...%20Last%20Tour
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/34542/...i?q=Inuyashiki
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/32948/...reat%20passage

As far as subtitles go I remembered someone saying the same thing you did so I looked it up. Hope it helps
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs...r=asc&start=90

If you go to Subtitle Preferences under Video Settings, edit one of the options, and then click on More Options, you'll see Edge effects among the additional choices. The last two of those options, the one that drops a shadow or the one that gives the subtitles a black border, will make the subtitles readable without the box. Granted, the other streaming sites with anime just do that automatically, so perhaps the level of subtitle customization that Amazon offers is not really desirable for most customers.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar

Unfortunately that doesn't help - Amazon has that menu buried so deep I can't begin to find it.

The settings option tells me to press * while the video is playing, and from there I only have the on/off option for subtitles. Making them legible doesn't seem to be anywhere accessible.

Edit - figured it out.

The change the subtitle effects when using a Roku stick, exit the Amazon app entirely and change the subtitles in the Roku menus. That would have been helpful to know - I was getting frustrated at reading "use home key" which took me out of the app entirely without being informed that the menu I needed was not in the app itself.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 01-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Houshin Engi

Okay so the first half was okay but rushed. The second half tried to fit a full volume in half an episode with predictable results.

Do like how colorful this is though.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Watched the debut episode of Darling in the Franxx yesterday and found it intriguing.

Shirobako ending has the impossible; Dreamcast 4.

Old shows I saw after Virtua Fighter are:

Flame of Recca: It's stupid, and it's one of those anime series that end with "Read the manga to know what happens after this episode. But I did enjoy it despite the protagonist who starts as a dick and moves on from being the guys who loses a lot to slowly being more reliable.

Ginga Sengoku Yuuden Rai: I remember loving this when I was younger. Watching it now I see it's a mess, a number of episodes start some point ignoring where the previous episode ended, made me feel like I skipped an episode more than once when I did not such thing. I can't enjoy it like this, so I'm tempted to drop it after episode 15 (where I stopped).
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage