Page 36 of 256 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime talk

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Have you watched the English dub of Classroom?
    Nah, just the subs. Nothing against dubs, but subs are usually available first.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

I finished Black Bullet! I kinda like it... Plot is interesting.

Death Parade continues to wow me. My favorite anime this winter with Assassination Classroom coming in at a close second.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Just saw this
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-action/.85707
    Quote Originally Posted by animenewsnetwork
    The broadcast will recompile the original video anime's four episodes and include two new episodes. The series will tie in with the with Ghost in the Shell: New Movie, an anime film slated to premiere in Japan this summer.

The Ghost in the Shell Arise: Alternative Architecture television broadcast was announced in February. The series will premiere on Tokyo MX on April 5 and on BS11 on April 14.
    Between this and UBW, April will be kicking so much ass.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Man funimation dubs 3 of my favorite winter animes: Death Parade, Classroom Assassination and Tokyo Ghoul. And sadly Parasyte is not on the list. I hope they licensed it.

Watching subs has ruined me. With the exception of a few anime like Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, and a couple others, dubbed just sounds off. Although I might give Assassination Classroom a try to hear what kind of voice they chose for Koro-sensei.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

One Punch Man is getting an Anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...v-anime/.85713

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post

LOL before I clicked the link I was thinking One Finger Death Punch
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

April looks like it's going to have a strong group of shows which I'm excited to watch. Sadly that means my two favorite animes this season are ending. I have no idea if there are any future plans for either Assassination Classroom or Death Parade.

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

can't wait.

Aweeesome news!

Well some great new shows came out recently and I'm happy with the overall quality. Fate/Stay, Blood Blockade Battlefront, and Seraph of the End were all ones that I looked forward to the most and each one did not disappoint. I will say that two new series caught me off guard.

First off is Food Wars:Shokugeki no Souma
    [IMG]http://img1.ak.****************/i/spire1/f06b1f552d22b9a167db9908b4bd82111424062942_full.jp g[/IMG]
    Yukihira Souma's dream is to become a full-time chef in his father's restaurant and surpass his father's culinary skill. But just as Yukihira graduates from middle schools his father, Yukihira Jouichirou, closes down the restaurant to cook in Europe. Although downtrodden, Souma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jouichirou which is to survive in an elite culinary school where only 10% of the students graduate. Can Souma survive?
    This show is a comedy/ecchi which I know can be a huge turn off for some people. But in the show's defense, the fan service hits both female and male and works for the comedic 'foodgasm' effects. From what I've heard, these scenes get toned down as the story progresses. Also I haven't laughed this hard at an anime in a while and this is coming from a guy who has been enjoying Assassination Classroom.

Next is Plastic Memories:

SAI Corporation is known for its production and management of androids that possess human emotions called “Giftia.” Tsukasa's position is in the Terminal Service Department where their main job is to recover Giftias that are close to their expiration—it is a graveyard department in every sense. To make matters worse, Tsukasa is ordered to work with Isla, a female Giftia who was never given any responsibility other than serving tea to her co-workers.
    Before watching this I was kind of expecting a light hearted Blade Runner comedy type show. Instead I got the perfect blend of slapstick and melancholy. This show went for the whole tugging at the ol' heartstrings, and after Death Parade I wasn't ready for another tear jerker. But man that opening episode really had something special.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Ultimate Member

It's always been kind of funny to me that when they have an anime with one character as an android that they're usually small little girls/women for the most part, they're never "that" model...and I won't buy an anime anymore if it doesn't have some fanservice...to many the likes of Queen's Blade gets old after a bit but well done it just adds a lot to the shows.

BANNED

so what anime do you want Funimation do dub?

Holy monkey, Food Wars just dumped a huge bag of emotions. I was having a grand old laugh fest right until a character totally threw Souma, our MC, right under the bus and totally effed him over. Wow, I actually wanted to kick a fictional character right in the shin. Can't wait til next week.

so what anime do you want Funimation do dub?
    I haven't watched any dub in a couple years but I would definitely watch the Blood Blockade Battlefront dub when it comes out. It's a beautiful show and I've already had to watch the first episode a couple of times because of following the subs and missing the animation.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider