Page 4 of 256 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime talk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I really wish someone would translate the Tylor novels. Apparently they're hilarious and just as stuffed with references to older SF as the show.
    there's some sites that do have it translated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Rightstuf.com along with Manga entertainment also allows free streaming through Youtube.

Check out Macross Plus, Boys Be, Irresponsible Captain Tylor
    Very grateful, will definitely check it out.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I've seen too many to list, but a few of my faves include:

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
    Tekkaman Blade
    Redline
    Ghost in the Shell
    Akira
    Ninja Scroll
    Cowboy Bebop
    Millennium Actress

Currently, slowly, trying to get through Samurai Flamenco, and I just started watching the US dub of Attack of Titan tonight.
    ~Ken

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Favorites? Hmm! There's a lot, a whole lot! But, I'll go with these (in alphabetical order):

Akira
    Aria The Animation/The Natural/The Origination
    Azumanga Daioh
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Revolution
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Fushigi Yugi
    Glass Mask (2005)
    Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate
    Maria-sama ga Miteru
    Millennium Actress
    Video Girl Ai

And HERE is a full list of what I've watched, and what I'm watching.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Favorites? Hmm! There's a lot, a whole lot! But, I'll go with these (in alphabetical order):

Akira
    Aria The Animation/The Natural/The Origination
    Azumanga Daioh
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Revolution
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Fushigi Yugi
    Glass Mask (2005)
    Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate
    Maria-sama ga Miteru
    Millennium Actress
    Video Girl Ai

And HERE is a full list of what I've watched, and what I'm watching.
    Millennium Actress was an amazing movie am I right? I fucking miss Satoshi Kon. So sad he died in his prime. I enjoyed every one of his movies that I've had a chance to see: Paprika, Tokyo Godfathers, Perfect Blue. He was in the middle on his latest film, Dreaming Machine, but never had a chance to finish it.. I noticed that you dropped Eureka Seven. Did you not like it? I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Studio Ghibli films. Seeing your list makes me want to get back into anime again. Space Brothers is at the top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Millennium Actress was an amazing movie am I right? I fucking miss Satoshi Kon. So sad he died in his prime. I enjoyed every one of his movies that I've had a chance to see: Paprika, Tokyo Godfathers, Perfect Blue. He was in the middle on his latest film, Dreaming Machine, but never had a chance to finish it.. I noticed that you dropped Eureka Seven. Did you not like it? I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Studio Ghibli films. Seeing your list makes me want to get back into anime again. Space Brothers is at the top of my list.
    I'd kill to see Millennium Actress on Blu-Ray, it was absolutely magical, and that's no exaggeration! Mr. Kon was ahead of his time and left the world way too soon. As for Eureka Seven, well, let's say I have odd reasons for dropping shows, most involve losing interest, with E7, it was Renton Thurston, one of the top three whiniest little punk-ass bastards in anime, right behind Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Raki from Claymore. Oh, yeah, it kinda irked me that Eureka was called "Air-u-recka". Silly? Yeah, but that did annoy me. As for Ghibli films, yeah, you're right, there should be more mention of them.

Evangelion
    Nana

That is all that is needed!

I'd kill to see Millennium Actress on Blu-Ray, it was absolutely magical, and that's no exaggeration! Mr. Kon was ahead of his time and left the world way too soon. As for Eureka Seven, well, let's say I have odd reasons for dropping shows, most involve losing interest, with E7, it was Renton Thurston, one of the top three whiniest little punk-ass bastards in anime, right behind Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Raki from Claymore. Oh, yeah, it kinda irked me that Eureka was called "Air-u-recka". Silly? Yeah, but that did annoy me. As for Ghibli films, yeah, you're right, there should be more mention of them.
    Oh ya..I completely forgot how whiny Renton was lol. There is some redemption for his character later in the series, but I guess what was most interesting to me is seeing him grow mentally and emotionally as he's exposed to war and different view points. There's this one scene I remember vaguely that I want to mention, but I don't to spoil it for anyone...

My passion for anime began as a kid in the early 1970's, watching old school stuff like Speed Racer, Marine Boy, Gigantor and Prince Planet on a local UHF station. Of course, at the time, I didn't know I was watching anime, just some really cool cartoons. When Space Cruiser Yamato came to the States in the late 70's as Star Blazers, I was amazed and awed, having discovered what anime was all about. By the late 90's, my passion really took off, thanks in part to everybody's favorite champion of love and justice, Sailor Moon when it was shown in syndication, then on Cartoon Network's Toonami animation block, and I've never looked back.

BANNED

I was exposed to anime as a kid when I watched Daimos, Voltes V, Voltron, Robotech and Dragon Ball years ago. But I regarded them as cartoons, even though Daimos had Japanese title captions. I have never heard of the word "Anime" until 2000.

I have fond and nostalgic memories of the anime Daimos.

My passion for anime began as a kid in the early 1970's, watching old school stuff like Speed Racer, Marine Boy, Gigantor and Prince Planet on a local UHF station. Of course, at the time, I didn't know I was watching anime, just some really cool cartoons. When Space Cruiser Yamato came to the States in the late 70's as Star Blazers, I was amazed and awed, having discovered what anime was all about. By the late 90's, my passion really took off, thanks in part to everybody's favorite champion of love and justice, Sailor Moon when it was shown in syndication, then on Cartoon Network's Toonami animation block, and I've never looked back.
    Have you watched the live action Space Cruiser Yamato movie?

I had some experience with the anime originally, though I did not watch the entire series. And I loved the live movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Have you watched the live action Space Cruiser Yamato movie?

I had some experience with the anime originally, though I did not watch the entire series. And I loved the live movie!
    I have not, but I certainly plan to!

I have not, but I certainly plan to!
    I'm not going to spoil anything for you but I think you will love it! I hope you are able to find it easily

BANNED

ATTAK ON TITAN
    PSYKO PASS
    CLAYMORE
    FATESTAY NYT & FATE ZERO
    HIGHSKOOL OF D DEAD
    DARKER DAN BLAK
    AFRO SAMURAI MOVIES
    FMA BROTHER HOOD
    CODE GEASS
    DEATH NOTE
    BLACK LAGOON
    FULL METAL PANIC
    APPLE SEED MOVIES
    SAMURAI DEEPER KYO
    BERSERK MOVIES
    KINGDOM
    BOOK OF BANTORRA
    JORMUNGAND
    SHAMAN KING
    HUNTERXHUNTER
    MAJESTIC PRINCE
    SUISEI NO GARGANTIA
    DEADMAN WONDALAND
    CHAOS HEAD
    ANOTHER
    STEINS GATE
    NINJA SKROLL MOVIE
    VAMPIRE HUNTER D BLUDLUST MOVIE
    07-GHOST(dis superb anime NEEDS 2 b cmpleted)
    SAMURAI 7
    FREEZING (S1 but S2 was terrible)
    ACCEL WORLD
    BTOOM
    SWORD ART ONLINE
    LOG HORIZON
    PROJECT ARMS

EDIT:

GA REI ZERO
    SHIKI
    CANAAN
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 05-05-2014 at 06:00 AM.

I've seen way too many to list here. I'll keep it short.

Old favorites:
    Evangelion
    Escaflowne
    Cowboy Bebop
    Gatchaman
    Cardcaptor Sakura

Recent favorites:
    Noranagi
    Nagi no Asakura
    Log Horizon
    Accel World
    Tonari no Seki-kun