Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Disappointed they use Spider-Man instead of Anya. But Captain Falcon not written by Remender is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Disappointed they use Spider-Man instead of Anya. But Captain Falcon not written by Remender is good.
    I like Anya. I liked her in Avengers Assemble's final issues. I would think she'd be a great fit in Mighty Avengers.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cuttlefish View Post
    I find it really unlikely that any Al Ewing book would turn into a run of the mill jingoistic title. I'm pretty confident that whatever he does with this, it's going to be good.
    Well the fact that Blade is no longer part of the lineup would indicate that Al Ewing's excellence hasn't prevented the usual Marvel shenanigans form coming into play where Blade is concerned.

If there isn't any Blade solo book or even mini-series in play, what possible reason could there be for taking him off the book?

I've been a supporter of Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers right from the very firsts issue and really enjoyed his refreshing take on all of the characters concerned but to be frank, this Blade thing is a bit of a duff move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Well the fact that Blade is no longer part of the lineup would indicate that Al Ewing's excellence hasn't prevented the usual Marvel shenanigans form coming into play where Blade is concerned.

If there isn't any Blade solo book or even mini-series in play, what possible reason could there be for taking him off the book?

I've been a supporter of Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers right from the very firsts issue and really enjoyed his refreshing take on all of the characters concerned but to be frank, this Blade thing is a bit of a duff move.
    Is it really surprising though? I mean in story Monica was the first to point out Blade would ditch them the second he got what he wanted and he did. Why would he stick around once this mess with the deathwalkers is sorted?

I mean I'll certainly miss him, but it's not like it hasn't already been hinted at.

With Blade off of this book and the possibility of Mighty Avengers being turned into another run of the mill jingoistic title, I'm afraid this is my jumping off point.
    REALLY? Surely Ewing has earned you giving it a try? You sing his praises, why not give him one issue to prove you wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Is it really surprising though? I mean in story Monica was the first to point out Blade would ditch them the second he got what he wanted and he did. Why would he stick around once this mess with the deathwalkers is sorted?
    I mean I'll certainly miss him, but it's not like it hasn't already been hinted at.
    Agreed, Blade leaving isn't surprising. He's not really a "team" guy, not for the long haul. If Monica was suddenly leaving, yeah that would surprise me.

Bring Miles Morales onto the team. "Spider-Verse" is still going on, so why not?

.... and I want Blade back. I don't suppose any proper rationale has been given other than "he's gone." Sigh..

Maybe Blade might get his own book. I don't think he was ever gonna stick around permanently anyways.I hope Luke leaves and they launch Defenders with Daredevil Iron Fist Jessica Jones and Luke Cage

The book has been very supernatural as of late, and that's mostly because of Blade.

With Blade gone, that means there hasn't to be a direction shift towards either sci-fi or traditional hero work. A tonal shift, and I don't mind that, though it could have been done by putting Blade more in the background (then again, why would he be around for non-supernatural stuff?)

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

come on.. Spider-Man again... :/
    disappointed..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Love Luke Ross. Greg Land being gone will finally allow me to add this book to my pull list! Luke Cage & Monica Rambeau are two of my favorite Marvel characters of all-time, and I didn't want any of Land's 'work' to wreck my love of the characters. I still can't go back and reread all those old X-Men stories he ruined with his photo referencing of faces. It's a shame, because I loved his work in the early part of his career.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

BANNED

It's a shame about Blade, but it's still Ewing, there's no Land, and we might get an extra 10-15 issues starting over from #1 than if they'd continued on as just "Mighty". Over all a win (and Blade can still pop up at some point).

Character removed =/= "run of the mill jingoism". I'm not really sure how you see those two things as being connected. Also I'm not positive that Blade leaving the book wasn't Ewing's own decision - can someone else in this thread confirm or deny?

Mighty Member

Ewing did say Blade would go out in style. But his main reasoning is that he made the cast too big and I think we all felt the book felt all over the place at times because everyone was always doing their own thing. I just wish Blade had made the cut for the final roster. I disagree that Blade can't stay on a team though. I don't think he's ever really quit a team before. The Nightstalkers all "died" in an explosion except for him, the Midnight Sons was never even a real team, and, according to Ewing, he's still based out of UK which means he must still be on MI:13. If guys like Punisher and Wolverine can stay on teams for multiple years, a writer definitely could make Blade work. The book is still going to be good, I'm sure, it's a bit disheartening for Blade fans because this is the part in the cycle where he disappears for years again.

Ewing says the cast had gotten too large. Once he cleared up the supernatural thing, after having already established that Blade isn't one to stick around, if he's looking to make cuts Blade would be the first to go.

Loving the focus on the new Cap here. With Sam's background as a social worker, plus his new high profile this is a perfect fit. While I would hate to see Luke leave, or Monica feel threatened I really like the idea of the rest of the team looking to follow Sam's lead both in social areas (cause of who he is) and on the field (cause of what he represents). Can't wait. Hope this book gets a boost when its relaunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Bring Miles Morales onto the team. "Spider-Verse" is still going on, so why not?

.... and I want Blade back. I don't suppose any proper rationale has been given other than "he's gone." Sigh..
    As much as I'd love for Blade to stick around, it does make sense from a story perspective that he's no longer around. The only reason he had joined the team in the first place was because of the deathwalkers and now that that's taken care of, he's moving on to his next adventure.