Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Earth One Superman is New 52 Superman done right.
    Please tell me you're not one of those "New 52 Superman has no good stories" people.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Earth One Superman is New 52 Superman done right.
    Shots fired

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    It's just being so long and I've been hearing that J Michael Straczynski retired (?) from comic books writing due to some health issues? I just can't imagine it being continued in a right way without the intentions of original writer. I do miss this Superman a lot who can admit that he does mistakes and he probably will do mistakes again down road, but due to good intentions. He takes himself seriously and realistically and doesn't shy from the fact that sometimes he can't do all perfect decisions.

He was losing his eyesight. Which is not a good thing for a writer. Earth One books in general just have such an erratic schedule. Even if they found a replacement tomorrow it might be another 3 to 5 years before we get another book. When the line first started I was hoping we'd get a book a year or something like that.
    Assassinate Putin!

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Please tell me you're not one of those "New 52 Superman has no good stories" people.
    I never said that. I just think that there were too many writers with incompatible visions about what kind of person New 52 Superman should be and which direction should he take, while Earth One Superman benefited from the sole vision of Straczynski. There were good stories, of that there is no doubt, but in my opinion, the New 52 era doesn't compare to the Earth One era.

I never said that. I just think that there were too many writers with incompatible visions about what kind of person New 52 Superman should be and which direction should he take, while Earth One Superman benefited from the sole vision of Straczynski. There were good stories, of that there is no doubt, but in my opinion, the New 52 era doesn't compare to the Earth One era.
    My humble apologies, then. I just have seen this claim happen far too much.
    Pull-List:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Speeding Bullets' Superman will always be a favorite of mine.
    Attachment 73253
    I have to admit, Lex Luthor as the Joker was surprising.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I have to admit, Lex Luthor as the Joker was surprising.
    So was the artwork. Speeding Bullets was my introduction to Eduardo Barreto.

Sideways Superman (formerly known as T-Shirt and Jeans Superman, later on just Nu52 Superman in general) is probably my favorite alternate incarnation of the Big Blue S.

Pull-List:

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Sideways Superman (formerly known as T-Shirt and Jeans Superman, later on just Nu52 Superman in general) is probably my favorite alternate incarnation of the Big Blue S.

I'm a bit happy that Sideways reintroduced the New 52 Superman as his own version, instead of getting him to replace the pre-Flashpoint Superman. In my opinion, people would have more easily accepted New 52 Superman if DC wasn't trying hard to make him the new, permanent version of Superman; therefore dismissing the pre-Flashpoint era almost completely. To be fair on DC, they eventually featured the pre-Flashpoint and New 52 versions in different stories; but I still think that New 52 Superman was a huge risk for the Superman franchise, a risk that ultimately didn't pay off. In a more cynical note, one could make the argument that the New 52 had to fail so that Rebirth could succeed in revitalizing Superman and his community.
    Last edited by HeroVladimir93; 11-09-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Grammar check.

I'm a bit happy that Sideways reintroduced the New 52 Superman as his own version, instead of getting him to replace the pre-Flashpoint Superman. In my opinion, people would have more easily accepted New 52 Superman if DC wasn't trying hard to make him the new, permanent version of Superman; therefore dismissing the pre-Flashpoint era almost completely. To be fair on DC, they eventually featured the pre-Flashpoint and New 52 versions in different stories; but I still think that New 52 Superman was a huge risk for the Superman franchise, a risk that ultimately didn't pay off. In a more cynical note, one could make the argument that the New 52 had to fail so that Rebirth could succeed in revitalizing Superman and his community.
    I think that Nu52 Superman having to be the mainstream version kind of neutered him and watered him down, because they had to make sure that the main audience and the Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint fans liked him. which kind of worked against him.
    Pull-List: