View Poll Results: Favorite Super-Family Member?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimmy Olsen

2 4.08%
  • John Henry Irons

1 2.04%
  • Jon S. Kent

7 14.29%
  • Jonathan and/or Martha Kent

1 2.04%
  • Kara Zor-El

3 6.12%
  • Karen Starr

5 10.20%
  • Kenan Kong

2 4.08%
  • Kon-El / Connor

6 12.24%
  • Krypto

2 4.08%
  • Lana Lang

1 2.04%
  • Lar Gand

1 2.04%
  • Linda Danvers / Matrix

2 4.08%
  • Lois Lane

16 32.65%
  • Val-Zod

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I ultimately went with Kon-El, as I just ended up using my history with him as the tie-breaker over Kara. I grew up with that character more than I did her, as despite loving the character, I happened to grow up in the "no other Kryptonians" day so grew up with Mae instead. Who I liked in her own right, I just never latched onto her as much because although being new to comes at the time, I still knew enough common Superman lore to know that Supergirl was supposed to be Superman's cousin.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'd vote for Kara/Supergirl if neither Lois or Clark were options (as she is my third favorite Super Family member), just saying.
    Kara and Karen are kinda sorta the same character, so if you pool their votes together, she’s technically tied for 2nd with the superboys.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Kara and Karen are kinda sorta the same character, so if you pool their votes together, she’s technically tied for 2nd with the superboys.
    Kara and Karen are basically Dick as Robin and Dick as Nightwing coexisting at the same time.

I really hope that we eventually get a combined version where Kara starts out as Superman's teenage sidekick Supergirl while attending high school in Metropolis as Karen Starr, then after college, breaks out with a new name and emblem as Power Gal (or Power Woman).

Hmmmm ... "Superboys vs Supergirls" is interesting to me.

If "Superboys" are the younger male derivatives of Clark, then we have 5: Lar, Kon, Val, Keenan, and Jon.

If "Supergirls" are the younger female derivatives of Clark, then we have 3: Karen, Kara, and Matrix.

I don't count the newest Power Girl Tanya Spears as part of the SuperFam.

Kon93

Um no they rnt,that's like saying kal-el, superboy prime,and kal-l r all the same person when clearly any superman fanboy knows that's not true

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Um no they rnt,that's like saying kal-el, superboy prime,and kal-l r all the same person when clearly any superman fanboy knows that's not true
    There’s being a completely different character and there are different versions of the same character. Barry Allen, Jay Garrick and Wally West are considered different characters. Snyder’s Superman isn’t the same of Superman as Donner’s Superman, or the Superman from TAS, the main comics, the elseworlds comics, video games etc but they’re not really considered totally separate characters so much as different versions of the same chararacter. Yeah the spelling of El is different on earth 2. But Kal L and Kara Zor L are still considered to be directs counterparts/doppelgängers of Kal El and Kara Zor-El. She could probably have been considered separate from Kara when crisis made her an Atlantean, but that origin is gone and probably not coming back.

Kon93

There’s being a completely different character and there are different versions of the same character. Barry Allen, Jay Garrick and Wally West are considered different characters. Snyder’s Superman isn’t the same of Superman as Donner’s Superman, or the Superman from TAS, the main comics, the elseworlds comics, video games etc but they’re not really considered totally separate characters so much as different versions of the same chararacter. Yeah the spelling of El is different on earth 2. But Kal L and Kara Zor L are still considered to be directs counterparts/doppelgängers of Kal El and Kara Zor-El. She could probably have been considered separate from Kara when crisis made her an Atlantean, but that origin is gone and probably not coming back.

If they stand right beside each other and they are 2 separate ppl then NO,they are not the same person.

The reason you will never see cavill and Reeves superman together is because they are supposed to both be superman,just in totally different formats,not the same as kara and karen

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    If they stand right beside each other and they are 2 separate ppl then NO,they are not the same person.

The reason you will never see cavill and Reeves superman together is because they are supposed to both be superman,just in totally different formats,not the same as kara and karen
    That’s a really thin line in the sand you’re drawing here. Coming up on the next CW crossover, we’re going to see JWS’s version of Barry Allen meet GG’s version of Barry Allen. What happens if in another crossover they have Hochlin’s Superman meet Dean Cain or Brandon Routh’s Superman?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-07-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Kon93

That’s a really thin line in the sand you’re drawing here. Coming up on the next CW crossover, we’re going to see JWS’s version of Barry Allen meet GG’s version of Barry Allen. What happens if in another crossover they have Hochlin’s Superman meet Dean Cain or Brandon Routh’s Superman?
    Then you see 2 separate characters occupying the same universe at the same time.

Wally and Wallace was supposed to be the same person,until common sense made that ignorant and we got 2 seperate characters.

Now 90s kesel SB and geoffs TT Conner is supposed to be the same person,that's what your looking for,but not kara and Karen

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Lois Lane.

But what about Jor-El and Lara? I think they should be in the poll. I like them a lot.
    I'd write in Livewire.

Extraordinary Member

Linda Danvers.

I voted for Jimmy, but I'll admit, it really came down to the wire between him and Lois, and Lois is definitely both more important than Jimmy, and better executed than he is, more often than not.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It's got to be young Jon Kent for me.

Kara Zor-El (Zor-L?)... aka Power Girl of course (yeah, yeah, I clicked her CEO alter ego name. Just had the urge to nitpick & wisecrack).