View Poll Results: Favorite Super-Family Member?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimmy Olsen

2 4.08%
  • John Henry Irons

1 2.04%
  • Jon S. Kent

7 14.29%
  • Jonathan and/or Martha Kent

1 2.04%
  • Kara Zor-El

3 6.12%
  • Karen Starr

5 10.20%
  • Kenan Kong

2 4.08%
  • Kon-El / Connor

6 12.24%
  • Krypto

2 4.08%
  • Lana Lang

1 2.04%
  • Lar Gand

1 2.04%
  • Linda Danvers / Matrix

2 4.08%
  • Lois Lane

16 32.65%
  • Val-Zod

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Super-Family Member - Redux

Ok, let's try it one more time!

Welcome to the newest and improved

"Favorite Super-Family Member - Redux"

Same rules as before, with three notable exceptions:

1) Clark Kent / Kal-El is not selectable this time. Consider him the 0th spot, in a separate (and greater) category altogether: he is the sun around which all these other characters revolve.

Clark alone sits on the Superverse throne, with no successor, now and forever:

There. Homage paid: Clark is great.

So this thread is strictly about his family members, not him.

2) Replacing Clark in his former slot are his adoptive parents Martha and/or Jonathan Kent as a potential combo! The "and/or" is important: if you do choose this slot, please specify in your post if you best like them both alive well into Clark's adulthood, or just Martha, or just Jonathan.

3) There WILL be a poll!

With the changes made, NOW who would you choose???
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 11-04-2018 at 08:52 AM.

With Clark safely and permanently seated on his rightful throne, I can definitely say that Lois Lane is my favorite member of his Super-Family.

She is the greatest supporting character in all of fiction, IMHO. Better than Watson, or Grayson, or Alfred, or anyone else who was created to support another character, in any medium.

Lois Lane is the oldest continuous female character in DC.

This is HER 80th anniversary as well. She should have her own ongoing title by now.

Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 11-04-2018 at 06:26 AM.

Lois Lane, no contest IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    With Clark safely and permanently seated on his rightful throne, I can definitely say that Lois Lane is my favorite member of his Super-Family.

She is the greatest supporting character in all of fiction, IMHO. Better than Watson, or Grayson, or Alfred, or anyone else who was created to support another character, in any medium.

Lois Lane is the oldest continuous female character in DC.

This is HER 80th anniversary as well. She should have her own ongoing title by now.

Agreed! Lois is awesome!

Yeah, now there's something to think about with the clear draw out of the contest.

I'll mull it over. Love Krypo, OG Conner, and Kara.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Going with Lois, best love interest in comics imo. Just as there are so many Kal-El rip offs out there (Sentry, Goku, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Shazam,) there are so many Lois Lane rip offs trying to replicate what’s made her character so special, some to varying degrees of success (Iris West, Vickie Vale, (MCU) Karen Page, Linda Park and (Insomniac) Mary Jane Watson. But like with Superman none of them have topped the real McCoy.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Kara Kor-El aka Supergirl.

Kon93

Let's not forget that SB/Kon-El/Conner Kent was close to the top of the other poll,and that one even had superman himself in it.

And it's obvious some just wanted a poll to show lois and Jon on top,so enjoy ur poll

Conner Kent aka Superboy

Just had a thought: 1st poll proved Superman was the top. Now, Lois seems to be walking away with it, which I love. So if they're in the top two spots, maybe a 3rd gen poll after where she's not on the list, either, having secured her place as well.

Anyway, just an idea.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Just had a thought: 1st poll proved Superman was the top. Now, Lois seems to be walking away with it, which I love. So if they're in the top two spots, maybe a 3rd gen poll after where she's not on the list, either, having secured her place as well.

Anyway, just an idea.

Both polls SB came in next

Lois Lane.

But what about Jor-El and Lara? I think they should be in the poll. I like them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Lois Lane.

But what about Jor-El and Lara? I think they should be in the poll. I like them a lot.
    Same reason Thomas and Martha Wayne weren't options in the Favorite Bat-Family Member Thread over in the Batman forum: with the rare exception (i.e. Flashpoint Thomas Wayne Batman, Mr. Oz Jor-El), both sets of biological parents of Supes and Bats have one common purpose: to die so that the heroes may live by others (The Kents, Alfred). They are not members of the Family with whom the adult superhero ever truly interacts.

Yes, by almost all accounts (see the aforementioned exceptions), both Kal and Bruce had morally good people as their biological parents. But the Kents and Alfred are far more important, IMHO, to their respective mythos.

Plus, if you really feel that strongly about Jor-El and Lara, you could always use your vote on the "Other" option for them.

And seriously, 0 votes so far for both Val-Zod and Jimmy Olsen???

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    True, and he'd likely be first in the next one, but it's certainly closer. It'd still be interesting to see where the Lois votes would split to.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I'd vote for Kara/Supergirl if neither Lois or Clark were options (as she is my third favorite Super Family member), just saying.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."