Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Finished Reading from Amazing Fantasy #15 to Amazing Spider-Man #8

I've spent the past year and a half or so reading through Spider-Man's publication history from 1962 to today. This is something I'd been wanting to do for literally 20+ years and after that time it finally became possible enough for me to work through it. I had a handful of Spidey issues in the '90s and had more recently read the Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Verse arcs, but I had always felt something was missing by not having read the stuff that came before. I had read through Ultimate Spider-Man. I really felt like I was the target audience for that and really appreciated it. I still felt the need to read through 616 Spider stuff, though.

I'm sure a lot of people on here are plenty well-read and this may not really be a big deal, but it felt momentous to me and I wanted to share.

congrats I myself havent gotten far I reach the hobgoblin saga however it was hard to read the series chronologically due to different subseries but reading your post makes me want to try again

BANNED

Congrats. Can I persuade you to read Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker) at some point? You may be familiar with her already through her role in Spider-Verse, but her own comic book is being collected in trades now and if you snoop around you can also find every issue online. I'd recommend it as it is remains one of the more definitive codas to the Spider-Man saga.

Wow! That is quite an accomplishment. Did you use any sort of guide? I've been reading through the old Spider-man comics through Marvel unlimited but I've noticed that there are like a hundred titles featuring spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    congrats I myself havent gotten far I reach the hobgoblin saga however it was hard to read the series chronologically due to different subseries but reading your post makes me want to try again
    Quote Originally Posted by KitchenSink View Post
    Wow! That is quite an accomplishment. Did you use any sort of guide? I've been reading through the old Spider-man comics through Marvel unlimited but I've noticed that there are like a hundred titles featuring spidey.
    There is a list on the Spider-Man Subreddit that I followed. It goes in chronological order, so you can follow the various Spidey titles together. It ends at the beginning of the Osborn storyline from last year, so I had to go on my own for the final bit.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

It took you a year to read nine issues?

I kid I kid

I've REALLY wanted to do this... I personally haven't read anything before Superior Spider-Man and I just haven't had motivation to even start on anything before that. I really need to sometime.
    Last edited by VGCinema; 11-04-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    There is a list on the Spider-Man Subreddit that I followed. It goes in chronological order, so you can follow the various Spidey titles together. It ends at the beginning of the Osborn storyline from last year, so I had to go on my own for the final bit.
    Thanks! This looks helpful

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m trying to do the same thing. At ASM#200 atm.

Thank almighty for Marvel Unlimited

I did it in 2013 during a prolonged illness. I mainly skipped the satellite titles (Spectacular etc) unless they were crossovers that had essential pieces of the narrative.

When I hit OMD (One More Day)...I had a mini-shock (stroke!?). So I jumped online, found this forum, and made my first post wondering "wtf just happened!??! there had to be drama after this!"

..thread went on for like, 40+ pages

I kept reading after that point. I'm still here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I've spent the past year and a half or so reading through Spider-Man's publication history from 1962 to today. This is something I'd been wanting to do for literally 20+ years and after that time it finally became possible enough for me to work through it. I had a handful of Spidey issues in the '90s and had more recently read the Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Verse arcs, but I had always felt something was missing by not having read the stuff that came before. I had read through Ultimate Spider-Man. I really felt like I was the target audience for that and really appreciated it. I still felt the need to read through 616 Spider stuff, though.

I'm sure a lot of people on here are plenty well-read and this may not really be a big deal, but it felt momentous to me and I wanted to share.
    Congratulations! I'm sure there's many long time fans who haven't read through all of ASM so that's a cool accomplishment!

I like to do re-reads through certain eras but tackling everything from beginning to end is enormous!

Spectacular Member

its a very hard thing to do legally, even with Marvel Unlmited, They don't have all the Spidey Satellite title gaps filled.. I've read up thru ASM 206 but I stopped to read the Ultimate Line because Spec and Web of Spider-man in particular are still lacking on the MU. I can use pirate sites but that can be annoying jumping back and forth quality wise.

peter palmer is the best spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I did it in 2013 during a prolonged illness. I mainly skipped the satellite titles (Spectacular etc) unless they were crossovers that had essential pieces of the narrative.

When I hit OMD (One More Day)...I had a mini-shock (stroke!?). So I jumped online, found this forum, and made my first post wondering "wtf just happened!??! there had to be drama after this!"

..thread went on for like, 40+ pages

I kept reading after that point. I'm still here.
    Oh, so you went through completely fresh. That's fun. I've always considered myself a Spider-Man fan due to the 90's cartoon, the movies, and the occasional comic I'd pick up now and then. I was just never able to consistently get new issues for one reason or another, but I did kind of follow things online and knew about OMD and all of that. I had a decade of awareness of it before I actually read it (and had experienced some of the post-OMD world already), so it wasn't a shock or anything when I reached it.

18 months for 9 issues, amazing accomplishment!