Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Check bleedingcool for a story on Rikdad's post and Bored at 3AM's great work on Nemesis.

http://bleedingcool.com
    Ha! Did they just cut and paste from these forums for that article?

Seriously though, I don't there's anything nefarious there. I think whoever wrote that article simply came to the same conclusions as Rikdad and myself.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Doing a re-read of Grayson, and at the start of issue #9 Nemesis appears as a kind of espionage parody of Rorschach before Grayson knocks him out... and he gets presumably killed by Agent 8 immediately afterwards. It was one of Tom King-penned issues of Grayson too...

I wonder if these two Tom King Nemesis appearances are connected in some way, or if it's just a coincidence, like Tom King forgot he killed Nemesis off in Grayson or he took advantage of the current fluid continuity to bring him back to kill him off again. :P
    Getting killed off and coming back is kinda Nemesis's thing. Misdirection and faking his death is just what he does.

Re: the change in identities of the “Puddlers” between # 1 and # 3 - I don’t think those are supposed to be the same person. The young African-American woman in # 1 appeared to be based on Shondra Kinsolving. The redhead in # 3 looks like Lana Lang. Presumably there are more than three staff - I don’t think that’s a continuity error. Just different “people” in different scenes.
    Cheers - CL

Spectacular Member

I just read issue three and i don't know, what i should think. Let's start with the fact, that i have no strong opinion about Tom King (the verdicct is still out) and i have zero emotional connection to all the characters that have been killed so far. I think, the main problem so far for me is the fact, that even with a massacre there is still no great narrative to hook you. Just scenes, that should tell a story, but kinda fail at that.

Let's compare it with the first three issues of Identity Crisis, a book it is often compared to. I read IC only once a few years back, but i still have memories of special scenes in the first three issues there. It was just a so much better crime story. I had never heard of Sue or Ralph, but the first issue sold a new reader on the couple. You had the strong hook of a murder mystery and the imminent danger of a killer still at large who took constant attempts to kill someone. You had the killer (hehe) cliffhanger with Deathstroke vs. the League at the end of issue three.

So far with Heroes in Crisis i have none of that. The bodycount is ten people i guess, but i don't care. And i guess you can see some attempts at deep emotional stories with issue three, but it seems akward in the overarching storyline of the massacre.

Loved issue three. Especially the stuff with Lagoon Boy.

I took a look at issue #3 again, and noted the three robed and watching figures in the background of Flash running. I have a feeling they will play a big part in the future mystery.

Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 003-017.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I took a look at issue #3 again, and noted the three robed and watching figures in the background of Flash running. I have a feeling they will play a big part in the future mystery.

Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 003-017.jpg
    They just seem like patients watching the Flash run by.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They just seem like patients watching the Flash run by.
    Yes, but why are they standing around when the "Emergency/Evacuate" warning was blaring? I think this was a good catch. Well done, @kjn.

Mighty Member

Bumping up this thread since a new issue of Heroes In Crisis will debut.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Yes, but why are they standing around when the "Emergency/Evacuate" warning was blaring? I think this was a good catch. Well done, @kjn.
    It could just be Flash running by at super speed.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

So happy this thread exists--

Four issues in and the mystery deepens! King seems to be doubling down on all the discrepancies (Booster's sheild, the lasso, etc.) of the story making it even more clear that everything is not as it appears.

Some big clues in #4:
    -Lois names her source "The Puddler" when she's talking to Clark. The crime scene said " All The Puddlers Are Dead" which makes me ask is her source and the murderer are the same person? Why would the source call themself "The Puddler" when the murderer wrote "All the puddlers are dead"? Is the source actually a villain or someone trying to do some good?
    -We still have not seen Ivy's body (not counting the teased cover) which four issues in seems very suspicius to me. Ivy is Harley's whole link to this story and the fact we haven't actually seen her body makes me wonder if Harley has even seen her body... Booster may have seen it because he lists her but he's obviously unrealiable. My prediction for issue 5 is that the cliffhanger will reveal Ivy is still alive... and that issue 6 (a flashback) will give more Ivy backstory and connect the dots just ike issue 3 did with Wally.
    -I think the culprit being Sanctuary itself is very likely and I think there are some ways that will feel like the most satisfying ending... tbh I kind of hope Harley is the culprit because this is all a perfect crime for her but even that would need some very careful plotting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by upupandagay View Post

Four issues in and the mystery deepens! King seems to be doubling down on all the discrepancies (Booster's sheild, the lasso, etc.) of the story making it even more clear that everything is not as it appears.

Some big clues in #4:
    -Lois names her source "The Puddler" when she's talking to Clark. The crime scene said " All The Puddlers Are Dead" which makes me ask is her source and the murderer are the same person? Why would the source call themself "The Puddler" when the murderer wrote "All the puddlers are dead"? Is the source actually a villain or someone trying to do some good?
    -We still have not seen Ivy's body (not counting the teased cover) which four issues in seems very suspicius to me. Ivy is Harley's whole link to this story and the fact we haven't actually seen her body makes me wonder if Harley has even seen her body... Booster may have seen it because he lists her but he's obviously unrealiable. My prediction for issue 5 is that the cliffhanger will reveal Ivy is still alive... and that issue 6 (a flashback) will give more Ivy backstory and connect the dots just ike issue 3 did with Wally.
    -I think the culprit being Sanctuary itself is very likely and I think there are some ways that will feel like the most satisfying ending... tbh I kind of hope Harley is the culprit because this is all a perfect crime for her but even that would need some very careful plotting.
    The real question is who were The Puddlers? Assuming the Puddler/s aren't a red herring they could be anyone: the murderer, someone who went to Sanctuary or everyone who died at Sanctuary.

The culprit is probably:
    1. Sanctuary's AI gone rogue(at this point its hard to say if the AI went rogue accidentally or if someone deliberately sabotaged it)
    2. Wally West gone nuclear(no one wants this)
    3.The heroes killed each other via mental manipulation
    4. Bane(he has a plan to break Batman again, has Skeets and Psycho Pirate on his payroll. Skeets could mess with the AI and PP could mess with the heroes minds)
    5. A villain somehow found out and killed everyone(though I can't see one villain pulling this off, it would take a team)
    6. A 'SHOCKING TWIST' makes some random hero the culprit

Quote Originally Posted by upupandagay View Post

Some big clues in #4:
    Yeah, I brought this point up back in issue 2 when Lois received the first video of Arsenal (the letter with the package was signed "The Puddler", so technically Lois didn't name them). I think the killer & the informant are two seperate entities.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The real question is who were The Puddlers? Assuming the Puddler/s aren't a red herring they could be anyone: the murderer, someone who went to Sanctuary or everyone who died at Sanctuary.

The culprit is probably:
    1. Sanctuary's AI gone rogue(at this point its hard to say if the AI went rogue accidentally or if someone deliberately sabotaged it)
    2. Wally West gone nuclear(no one wants this)
    3.The heroes killed each other via mental manipulation
    4. Bane(he has a plan to break Batman again, has Skeets and Psycho Pirate on his payroll. Skeets could mess with the AI and PP could mess with the heroes minds)
    5. A villain somehow found out and killed everyone(though I can't see one villain pulling this off, it would take a team)
    6. A 'SHOCKING TWIST' makes some random hero the culprit
    If this actually becomes a Batman event and ties in to his on going, I think they would have advertised it more as such. Though I do think that would be the best outcome from those listed.

It's probably just going to be #1, though maybe there'll be something bigger behind the corruption. Maybe Brother Eye is going to return in the Rebirth universe?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Yeah, I brought this point up back in issue 2 when Lois received the first video of Arsenal (the letter with the package was signed "The Puddler", so technically Lois didn't name them). I think the killer & the informant are two seperate entities.
    Didn’t catch that in #2! Even more interesting that this person is calling themself Puddler. It almost makes me wonder if the murders were a realtiation to the data leak?