Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. And I agree, if our POV is meant to be BG/HQ, we should've seen only what they saw and make it clear that's the case.

Interestingly enough, an article posted by CBR today is about Lagoon Boy's Death in HiC #3. Apparently, someone asked about what happened and King responded a couple days ago on Twitter (the question was 'Did Wally kill Lagoon Boy?'):
    https://www.cbr.com/heroes-in-crisis...oon-boy-death/
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Yeah, King dropped the ball real bad if that was the intent, however it makes more sense in that it did seem like a weird thing for Wally/Sanctuary to come up with for a simulation (not so much the cause of death, but the monologue.)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Like I said in another thread, I really think Heroes in Crisis would’ve benefited from being a sequel to a Sanctuary mini series instead of being its own thing that attempted to provide a murder/mystery & establish what Sanctuary was supposed to be & how how it worked.

At this point, I'm really hoping that the confrontation between Superman and Dr. Manhattan erases all this BS.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

What makes the story fail is the whole "murder mystery" part. It really should have just been a mystery as to what happened at Sanctuary and how everyone died. Just cut out having to set up some overly convoluted plan by Wally to frame Booster and Harley and mess with the corpses (Wally's biggest crime imo) of the heroes to try and trick Batman. Wally's character wouldn't have been as fucked over if they did away with all that, but the story can't just be Batman trying to piece together what happened in DC's eyes and then stopping Wally from killing himself. So they needed a "villain" or a threat of a villain to try and give the story some kind of greater forward momentum and Wally got thrown under the bus for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    At this point, I'm really hoping that the confrontation between Superman and Dr. Manhattan erases all this BS.
    I think people are hoping Manhattan is somehow responsible for all this, to be honest.

BANNED

that would make it more of a necessity for this **** to be erased in that series rather than continuing to be in continuity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What makes the story fail is the whole "murder mystery" part. It really should have just been a mystery as to what happened at Sanctuary and how everyone died. Just cut out having to set up some overly convoluted plan by Wally to frame Booster and Harley and mess with the corpses (Wally's biggest crime imo) of the heroes to try and trick Batman. Wally's character wouldn't have been as fucked over if they did away with all that, but the story can't just be Batman trying to piece together what happened in DC's eyes and then stopping Wally from killing himself. So they needed a "villain" or a threat of a villain to try and give the story some kind of greater forward momentum and Wally got thrown under the bus for it.
    That’s just one area it failed. It failed when Tom King visited a trauma center but decided the reality of dealing with mental health didn’t fit his narrative so he blew all that off. Then tried to sell the story as a mental health deep dive into these characters. Really, it failed in every aspect it could possibly fail in.