Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So, how would people feel if WB decided to make this story into one of their DTV animated movies in a few years? Would you watch it?
    Yep, I'd buy it. A DTV movie would probably have a happier ending, too.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

So, how would people feel if WB decided to make this story into one of their DTV animated movies in a few years? Would you watch it?
    I'd rather have my balls stapled to my arse.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Seconded. It would be less painful.

Incredible Member

I still haven't watched Flashpoint, despite owning it, or any of the New 52-verse animated movies due to my passionate dislike of the New 52. The only one I did watch was the Death of Superman and I was annoyed that they used New 52 continuity essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I still haven't watched Flashpoint, despite owning it, or any of the New 52-verse animated movies due to my passionate dislike of the New 52. The only one I did watch was the Death of Superman and I was annoyed that they used New 52 continuity essentially.
    Oh god watch it already! Now, like right now! Why are you still reading this? Go watch Flashpoint!

Whatever you may think of the New 52, or of Flashpoint having been commandeered to kickstart it, the Flashpoint movie itself is freaking fantastic and easily one of the best DC animated movies to date in my opinion (for reference my other favorite movies in this line are JL: Crisis on Two Earths, The Dark Knight Returns, and Batman: Under the Red Hood). Trust me, there's no new 52 stuff to sit through in this film, so if you can ignore that this is what Didio decided to use to reboot continuity, you'll be fine. Seriously, it's a great movie, you will not be disappointed.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Oh god watch it already! Now, like right now! Why are you still reading this? Go watch Flashpoint!

Whatever you may think of the New 52, or of Flashpoint having been commandeered to kickstart it, the Flashpoint movie itself is freaking fantastic and easily one of the best DC animated movies to date in my opinion (for reference my other favorite movies in this line are JL: Crisis on Two Earths, The Dark Knight Returns, and Batman: Under the Red Hood). Trust me, there's no new 52 stuff to sit through in this film, so if you can ignore that this is what Didio decided to use to reboot continuity, you'll be fine. Seriously, it's a great movie, you will not be disappointed.
    Agree with all this!
    Also might wanna watch Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay after Flashpoint.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Agree with all this!
    Also might wanna watch Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay after Flashpoint.
    This too. Unlike Flashpoint I wouldn't call Hell to Pay great, but it is hella fun, the new 52 elements are a lot less noticeable than in other superhero properties if they're there at all, and the way it ties back into Flashpoint is a real treat. Definitely recommend it.

They'll all either bad, mediocre of just alright. Nothing that is 100% must see DC content.

I'd still say watch them to form your own opinion.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I would say the animated fight choreography in Batman vs Robin is worth the price of admission. I think that one is still my favorite animated film in the N52 designs.

If it's the N52 aesthetic that turns some people off, it may be worth pointing out that Superman sports his reborn costume now & Batman is getting the trunks & blue coloring back in his suit in Hush. Not sure what else really remains now...I guess Flash's chinstrap & WW's silver coloring.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

heh... I needed a could chuckle today!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    & Batman is getting the trunks & blue coloring back in his suit in Hush.
    Ugh, why'd you have to remind me?

Spectacular Member

they'd have to ackownledge wally in that universe and no i don't count that wally/bart hybrid from judas contract movie. though i guess they could just do the usual thing and replace wally with barry but then the story loses it's purpous.

I mean, by that point it wasn't really the New 52 continuity anymore beyond some design similarities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I would say the animated fight choreography in Batman vs Robin is worth the price of admission. I think that one is still my favorite animated film in the N52 designs.

If it's the N52 aesthetic that turns some people off, it may be worth pointing out that Superman sports his reborn costume now & Batman is getting the trunks & blue coloring back in his suit in Hush. Not sure what else really remains now...I guess Flash's chinstrap & WW's silver coloring.
    Wonder Woman will probably get her Rebirth costume in her upcoming solo movie (Bloodlines).
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    they'd have to ackownledge wally in that universe and no i don't count that wally/bart hybrid from judas contract movie. though i guess they could just do the usual thing and replace wally with barry but then the story loses it's purpous.
    I still want them to explain who that Kid Flash was.

I'm confused and feel a little ashamed for buying into this all around disaster.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

My thing at the time was basically a powerful dislike of the New 52 relaunch and when I dislike something I really really dislike something. For example I've also never watched the Amazing Spider-man movies that starred Andrew Garfield and that's because of my dislike of OMD. Crappy story lines can cause you to begin disliking characters and their non-comic projects.

Now I've eventually moved passed that, I've got ASM I just have to watch them and I will eventually begin watching the newer animated universe for DC. I'm actually watching all of my superhero related movies. I'm only just now sitting on purely Batman movies.