Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Alright, so is there anyone here who thinks that King will pull a rabbit out of his hat and come up with a twist that exonerates Wally West??
    Is it even possible at this point?
    Of course, this won't be an Emerald Twilight situation. I almost fully expect Wally to be exonerated by the end of the series. And even if he's not, it certainly won't take a decade like it did with Hal.

Astonishing Member

Alright, so is there anyone here who thinks that King will pull a rabbit out of his hat and come up with a twist that exonerates Wally West??
    I don't think he wants to.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

As about as possible as it was for Bullwinkle Moose to do so.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    As about as possible as it was for Bullwinkle Moose to do so.
    HA!
    Nothin' up my sleeve, PRESTO!!!!

Ah, the early mornings spent watching cartoons.....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I don't think he wants to.
    Right, because King hates all our favorite superheroes. Yawn.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    While I agree with you in this regard, I do believe it was a MAJOR misstep to use Wally West to tell this story. Whether that was King's decision or someone higher up the food chain I don't know, but it has managed to piss off a ton of readers (and for good reason).
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

I think King likes what he's doing and stands by it. The fact that a lot of us hate it doesn't change that. Gerads and him have gone to bat on Twitter saying everything we've seen is what they truly believe Wally would do in character.

Wally also isn't all our favorite superheroes. He's just one hero. I don't get why you think it's the opposite case when King wrote this story.

While I agree with you in this regard, I do believe it was a MAJOR misstep to use Wally West to tell this story. Whether that was King's decision or someone higher up the food chain I don't know, but it has managed to piss off a ton of readers (and for good reason).
    Sadly, this will not affect sales in the slightest. There is nowhere to go to show disdain for this comic and Wally fans have been disparaged enough that their pocketbook isn't a motivating factor for DC and hasn't been for a long time. They've never cared about pissing off Wally West fans since the current brass came into power.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-18-2019 at 09:30 PM.

He doesnt, Didio however either hates them or uses them for shock deaths and he's the guy who gives out kill lists.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnIr3qB...ns_share_sheet

What do you think ?

BANNED

"see there is a runner who once was the flash but then he took a crisis shaped arrow to his knee".......
    MWHAAAA!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    What am I missing in the picture? It was just Dido staring at a baby. Cute, but I feel like you're saying there is some meaning behind it that I just can't see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    What am I missing in the picture? It was just Dido staring at a baby. Cute, but I feel like you're saying there is some meaning behind it that I just can't see.
    Didio's self comment on the post is his typical Wally fan mocking he's been doing for years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Of course, this won't be an Emerald Twilight situation. I almost fully expect Wally to be exonerated by the end of the series. And even if he's not, it certainly won't take a decade like it did with Hal.
    Hal was working with many of the folks he left powerless. So yeah it would take a long time for him to be forgiven.

In Wally's case-he won't be dealing with the families of all those victims.

Seeing that there is a new Tattoo Man who referenced HIC in Doomsday Clock (I think issue 3). I think folks are not going to be so forgiving.

Lets say he was exonerated-does that mean he would be forgiven?

He put JOKER teeth in Commander Steel-you think the JOKER is going to let that go?

How do all the Titan alum feel? Like Bumblebee what if Malcolm was there? She would be a widow with a child. Does Roy's daughter exist? What about her?

Tattoo Man was a former VILLAIN-you don't think Lex Luther or other villains would use that to PROVE going straight does not work out?

Lets toss in some JEALOUSY-you don't think Black Lightning would have an issue? When have the trinity tried to prove a POC innocent? How many years has John Stewart dealt with Unicroning a planet?
    Tim, Conner, Bart and others would think "Yall didn't do all that to look for us."
    Lets not forget Ronnie Raymond and his mess in Doomsday Clock.

DC has the grounds for Civil War event with this. You would need a 3-5 year Wally series to clean this up.

Then again this is DC we are talking about-so it won't happen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Didio's self comment on the post is his typical Wally fan mocking he's been doing for years.
    Ahhh, when I click on the link I can’t see a comment. I assume because I don’t have Instagram?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Ahhh, when I click on the link I can’t see a comment. I assume because I don’t have Instagram?
    Yeah, it's him "explaining Wally's status to my daughter." Who is a baby. It's just Didio back handedly calling fans babies.