Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    When in doubt, go with "sloppy writing."
    Gawd yes! DC has so many timelines now, it's impossible to keep up. And they just keep making more continuity mistakes. DC Editors are just blow up dolls in the corner.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    The dilemma with that is speedsters can no longer time travel as of the end of Flash War. If the Wally that died at Sanctuary really is from the future, it can't be of Wally's own doing unless he had access to a time machine.
    SKEETS is an AI who time travels all the time. If he's wrapped up in this, then that aspect is not troubling.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    SKEETS is an AI who time travels all the time. If he's wrapped up in this, then that aspect is not troubling.
    I was just pointing out Wally is incapable of time traveling on his own like speedsters have historically been able to do. Booster and Skeets being in the story certainly still makes time traveling possible.

The question then becomes why would they (help?) fake Wally's death and/or bring a Wally from five days in the future to the present?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I was just pointing out Wally is incapable of time traveling on his own like speedsters have historically been able to do. Booster and Skeets being in the story certainly still makes time traveling possible.

The question then becomes why would they (help?) fake Wally's death and/or bring a Wally from five days in the future to the present?
    Skeets is on Bane's payroll and would help Wally time travel if it suited Bane's agenda for Batman(whatever that is).

But hopefully that plays no role in this. This story has enough problems, it doesn't need added to it that one of the villains was doing it to serve the purpose of a completely independent Batman story.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So it was good I asked! Thanks much. This affects the theories then. If its the latter it seems to be that five days into the future, Sanctuary A.I, speaking through the projections of Linda, Irey and Jai, will convince Wally to kill all the other patients. My guess is the logic that is used is that the A.I. gets a broken Wally to believe that reality isn't real, and that if he commits such a heinous act and proves everything around him isn't real, it will open the door to his true home and getting back with his family. For some reason, something about today (today being the current setting of the story) presented the best opportunity to do this. So Wally time travels back, kills everyone, and Harley is remembering a portion correctly and she kills him but to stop his rampage. Or someone else kills him. Beforehand, Five Days Later Wally did something to present day Wally to prevent his interference.

When all is said and done, real-Wally is rescued, but he's even more damaged by knowing what the A.I. convinced his future self to do and thus still in a way he killed these people, though in a way he didn't. So the story ends with Wally alive, but even more broken than before. And the superhero community is torn on how to treat him. Ollie hates him, Barry's protective, etc. etc. The situation makes him outcast and a vagabond, which is probably what ends up driving him to join the Suicide Squad if old rumors are still in play.
    Holy crap. That would be a hell of a story! But if it's written like issue 5 was King should be able to pull it off.

I loved the Superman scenes in this book. Honestly I think the character is at his best when he's his most vulnerable, and the statement he gave showed he's hurting. Loved it.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...s-in-crisis-5/

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So it was good I asked! Thanks much. This affects the theories then. If its the latter it seems to be that five days into the future, Sanctuary A.I, speaking through the projections of Linda, Irey and Jai, will convince Wally to kill all the other patients. My guess is the logic that is used is that the A.I. gets a broken Wally to believe that reality isn't real, and that if he commits such a heinous act and proves everything around him isn't real, it will open the door to his true home and getting back with his family. For some reason, something about today (today being the current setting of the story) presented the best opportunity to do this. So Wally time travels back, kills everyone, and Harley is remembering a portion correctly and she kills him but to stop his rampage. Or someone else kills him. Beforehand, Five Days Later Wally did something to present day Wally to prevent his interference.

When all is said and done, real-Wally is rescued, but he's even more damaged by knowing what the A.I. convinced his future self to do and thus still in a way he killed these people, though in a way he didn't. So the story ends with Wally alive, but even more broken than before. And the superhero community is torn on how to treat him. Ollie hates him, Barry's protective, etc. etc. The situation makes him outcast and a vagabond, which is probably what ends up driving him to join the Suicide Squad if old rumors are still in play.
    I think you're very close to the truth.
    Wally will survive but will be really damaged. In a way or another he's responsible for all deaths and most of all Roy's death.
    Anyway A.I. going wrong is totally Trinity negligence, they are the ones to blame at the end of the story. I would be if this is the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The E you are seeing is part of the room saying the title, Heroes in Crisis. I wanna say Clay or King posted it on their twitter.
    I had not seen that, but now I can't unsee it - "Heroes in Crisis" spelled out in the entire image.... nifty.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Bringing back Walter West would be great.
    Agreed. Awesome character, but I might be a bit biased.

Spectacular Member

Man, I hate this story so much. I'm glad I wasn't reading comics when Identity Crisis came out. I would have been just as frustrated, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Man, I hate this story so much. I'm glad I wasn't reading comics when Identity Crisis came out. I would have been just as frustrated, I imagine.
    There are ample threads for hating this story. This thread's for those of us that are enjoying it. And Identity Crisis was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    There are ample threads for hating this story. This thread's for those of us that are enjoying it. And Identity Crisis was fantastic.
    Never mind that.

This is a specific "Mystery Component..." thread.

If what you have to say isn't about that, it doesn't belong in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that.

This is a specific "Mystery Component..." thread.

If what you have to say isn't about that, it doesn't belong in this thread.
    So where's your comment on the mystery?

OP is more than clear that this thread isn't meant for folks that dislike the story. Reading is fun.

The cover from today's leaked solicits makes me convinced of the time traveling Wally theory. A profile of Barry and a frontal. On one hand, can easily be seen as a mugshot. On the other hand, can be seen literally as two Wallys. The future one committed the murders and was himself killed. Leaving the present day Wally whom did not do it per se. But he's charged with the crimes anyway causing a huge division over whether he's truly guilty or not.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Wally can't time travel anymore. I still think it's Sanctuary's IA with Wally's appearence. We already have two Booster in HiC #3 and giving Harley a new suit must be a way to distinguish her from the Harley who killed Wally.