Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

To get this thread back on track...

It's worth nothing that what "Booster" said to Harley in this issue before blasting a certain someone is the exact same thing that "Harley" said to Booster after it seemed like she took the hammer to that same certain someone earlier on in the series.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not when King is writing them ...
    Depends on whether we're talking about Batman Tom King or Mister Miracle Tom King.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Nemesis has been shown very sparingly and his (two?) appearances have seemed sort of innocuous:

"Nemesis. Just that. I got a week behind me."

"No one you've heard of." (referring to who he has saved)

So here are the other facts:

-He's not confirmed to be dead (could be alive)
    -So far, it appears he's not there for healing (could be there just for shenanigans)

Its plausible he's behind it all. The real question to me is - does he have a bone to pick with the Titans specifically?
    I saw it as a potential misdirection aimed at anyone who knew that Wally might wind up in a potential Azzarello Suicide Squad series.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I saw it as a potential misdirection aimed at anyone who knew that Wally might wind up in a potential Azzarello Suicide Squad series.
    Alright, I thought it was time to give this thread a serious bump up on the forum chain as we now have a new issue out.

I feel as if I'm in a minority, but I'm actually loving what King is doing here; it's an emotional roller-coaster and he's made me care about some characters that I'd either long given up on (Commander Steel for example) or never even thought to look at (Red Devil). The one exception? Harley. Sorry, I wasn't a fan before this and even a talented writer like Mr. King can't seem to get me to go along with the masses regarding her popularity with seemingly everybody.

The stuff with Wally is wrenching; I think this is the best the character has been written since the Rebirth special. Yes, there is something clearly up with the time stream and I'm curious to see where we're headed with this. My own theory is that Zoom is somehow involved as it seems he has a real mad on for Wally and the entire Flash family; perhaps this will ultimately lead into a major story line in the Flash ongoing?
    Last edited by Stingo; 03-27-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Everything seems to increasingly add up to Wally being the culprit. But with all the time shenanigans, am wondering if somehow they can redeem him by story's end? A lot of the storytelling has pointed in this direction, including the slowness of the Flash books to mention his death (whereas the GA book addressed Roy's death immediately), and the absence of Wally confessionals early on.

First lingering question that hasn't been addressed: WHO IS THE DEAD GREEN LANTERN???? Didn't we see a dead GL emblem I n a pile of bodies (but no face visible?) Am I imagining this? Simon hasn't been seen since the end of the GLs title...is it him?

Second question is how the Puddlers would factor in to Wally being the culprit (if he is). Did they manipulate him into doing this? It would seem odd for Wally to be the voice of the Puddlers. No motivation for it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Alright, I thought it was time to give this thread a serious bump up on the forum chain as we now have a new issue out.

I feel as if I'm in a minority, but I'm actually loving what King is doing here; it's an emotional roller-coaster and he's made me care about some characters that I'd either long given up on (Commander Steel for example) or never even thought to look at (Red Devil). The one exception? Harley. Sorry, I wasn't a fan before this and even a talented writer like Mr. King can't seem to get me to go along with the masses regarding her popularity with seemingly everybody.

The stuff with Wally is wrenching; I think this is the best the character has been written since the Rebirth special. Yes, there is something clearly up with the time stream and I'm curious to see where we're headed with this. My own theory is that Zoom is somehow involved as it seems he has a real mad on for Wally and the entire Flash family; perhaps this will ultimately lead into a major story line in the Flash ongoing?
    You're not in the minority; plenty of people enjoy the book, as evidenced by the sales (I refuse to believe that many people are "hate-reading" the title...like, you don't have a better way to spend money than that?). It's just that most people who enjoy something are content to just enjoy it while those who hate it are compelled to jump on message boards and howl into the void about why they're right and the book is wrong and blah blah blah...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Batman and Barry appear to be wearing their Pre-FLASHPOINT costumes.

How? Why?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

How? Why?

Well in the pages of Tom King's Batman, he officially set away the Rebirth Batsuit at the end of the "Cold Days" arc and resumed using the Hush Batsuit.

I haven't been keeping up with Williamson's Flash, so I don't know if Barry's started using his old costume as well there.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

How? Why?

Bruce, yes, Barry no.

This version of his costume was never seen before: it has the stroke around the insignia and Barry's version of thew V-shaped belt like in the new 52, but it also has no chin-strap, like pre-Flashpoint, and pointy boots never seen on a Flash before.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Amazing Member

Doubt that HIC have anything with bane, despite the tie-ins king would not go this way.

The lighting indicates that the other wally also have access to the speed force but ivy reaction is making me think:

She don't blames him with makes me wonder: Was not him that killed her ? She doesn't remember?

But the solicitis always said that the "A.I" is gonna make all it can to protect the "murderer", so what if this "ivy" we are seeing is not the real ivy but the A.I controling her plant body (i'm really wanna know how the f**** he was able to do that)

Astonishing Member

It'd be pretty easy for Wally to kill anyone at the facility without them knowing it's him. Not like you can see something faster than light coming at you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Everything seems to increasingly add up to Wally being the culprit. But with all the time shenanigans, am wondering if somehow they can redeem him by story's end? A lot of the storytelling has pointed in this direction, including the slowness of the Flash books to mention his death (whereas the GA book addressed Roy's death immediately), and the absence of Wally confessionals early on.

First lingering question that hasn't been addressed: WHO IS THE DEAD GREEN LANTERN???? Didn't we see a dead GL emblem I n a pile of bodies (but no face visible?) Am I imagining this? Simon hasn't been seen since the end of the GLs title...is it him?

Second question is how the Puddlers would factor in to Wally being the culprit (if he is). Did they manipulate him into doing this? It would seem odd for Wally to be the voice of the Puddlers. No motivation for it really.
    The only way to redeem Wally is to have him put down the crazed version of himself who did this. Even if that happens, his character is going to be considered toxic for years(Marvel did something similar to Scarlet Witch)

Simon is still alive. He just hasn't been used a lot. I assumed that the dead GL was an error by the artist.

I don't think that the Puddlers were ever relevant, they always struck me as a red herring to distract readers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Doesn't the Puddlers refer to the patients at Sanctuary? The first issue had "all the Puddlers are dead" written on the wall inside Sanctuary. But the leaked Sanctuary tapes sent to Lois was signed "the Puddlers".

Right now I'm thinking one version of Wally (present!Wally?) killed everyone and the other version (future!Wally?) is the one who leaked the tapes to Lois. He'll be both the villain and "hero" of the story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Doesn't the Puddlers refer to the patients at Sanctuary? The first issue had "all the Puddlers are dead" written on the wall inside Sanctuary. But the leaked Sanctuary tapes sent to Lois was signed "the Puddlers".

Right now I'm thinking one version of Wally (present!Wally?) killed everyone and the other version (future!Wally?) is the one who leaked the tapes to Lois. He'll be both the villain and "hero" of the story.
    The Puddlers could be anyone at this point.

I think that future Wally felt guilty and returned to the past to prevent his past self from becoming him.

For the most part i have been ok with the series, my only major gripe has and still is Batgirl. The latest issue being another tally against her, i mean she knows Harley is not in the right frame of mind with the death of Ivy on her mind and then sh decides "hey let me knock out Blue Beetle and surely Harley won't kill Booster"...what an idiot.