Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is actually signed "The Puddlers"
    Oops - so yes, maybe more than one survivor

well the puddlers could have been anyone at sanctuary so wouldnt have even needed to have been present or survived the attack

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the involvement of Nemesis is tip-off by Tom King that many of the deaths we've seen thus far are fake-outs. After all, this is a character who has been killed off multiple times (once by King himself), only to return without a scratch.

Much like the superlative Mister Miracle, it took me a few issues for King's story to really click with me, but I am completely on board now. The mystery is intriguing, the art is gorgeous and the characters are really working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the involvement of Nemesis is tip-off by Tom King that many of the deaths we've seen thus far are fake-outs. After all, this is a character who has been killed off multiple times (once by King himself), only to return without a scratch.

Much like the superlative Mister Miracle, it took me a few issues for King's story to really click with me, but I am completely on board now. The mystery is intriguing, the art is gorgeous and the characters are really working for me.
    I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there are less(or, as you said no) deaths, and Nemesis is the "Source" using a reporter to out a bunch of material/take the Trinity apart from the inside.

Something has felt off in this book since the first issue. Exactly like a lot of things feel off in Mister Miracle. The clues may not be what we thought they were at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Something has felt off in this book since the first issue. Exactly like a lot of things feel off in Mister Miracle. The clues may not be what we thought they were at first.
    Certainly a possibility.

Some things don't seem to add up when you double check the math.

Astonishing Member

I feel like the writers are going to use time travel to resolve this whole situation and the side effects of the time travel will lead to changes throughout the DC universe. Or this whole thing turns out to be a simulation.

Booster saw Harley do it. Harley saw Booster do it. So by definition - *someone’s* perspective is screwed up.

And y’know... one of the alleged victims whose body we haven’t seen has the ability to make people see whatever she wants them to....
    Cheers - CL

Maybe the entire scene at the Sanctuary is just an illusion. No one is dead, everyone is a prisoner of Ivy again.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Great to have you back! I'm totally bought in too. And I think you really nailed that Nemesis appearance way back in this thread. I don't know what it will mean but I do think it was a meaningful appearance.

There's so much apparent misdirection and unreliable narration in this series so far I'm not even trying to form theories. I'm just enjoying the ride. I think King is especially good at playing a long game.

And I hope he stays on at DC forever. I've loved everything he's written for them so far, particularly HiC, MM, and Batman, which just gets better and better.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Great to have you back! I'm totally bought in too. And I think you really nailed that Nemesis appearance way back in this thread. I don't know what it will mean but I do think it was a meaningful appearance.

There's so much apparent misdirection and unreliable narration in this series so far I'm not even trying to form theories. I'm just enjoying the ride. I think King is especially good at playing a long game.

And I hope he stays on at DC forever. I've loved everything he's written for them so far, particularly HiC, MM, and Batman, which just gets better and better.

So your pretty much saying that because king is writing this vague as hell,writing characters out of character,and going almost nowhere it gets you more pumped,and you believe he is a genius...ok.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Thanks BatmanJones!

I'd considered that perhaps Heroes in Crisis is an AI simulation, but the fact that the events have been referenced in other books kinda nixes that idea. However, King's most recent Poison Ivy showed that her ability to control the minds of the entire world is pretty far-reaching, so it is possible.

I can't quite shake the notion that a lot of this is a fake-out. King himself on a recent podcast was pretty up-front about the idea that death in superhero comics didn't really mean a whole lot, so fans probably shouldn't get too upset about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    So your pretty much saying that because king is writing this vague as hell,writing characters out of character,and going almost nowhere it gets you more pumped,and you believe he is a genius...ok.
    Instead of putting words in people mouth because you don't agree with them, you should use your own words to explain why you disagree, that would be more elegant.

Kon93

Instead of putting words in people mouth because you don't agree with them, you should use your own words to explain why you disagree, that would be more elegant.

Been there,done that,lots of ppl here has,but thanks for reminding me that my opinion matters.

I'd considered that perhaps Heroes in Crisis is an AI simulation, but the fact that the events have been referenced in other books kinda nixes that idea. However, King's most recent Poison Ivy showed that her ability to control the minds of the entire world is pretty far-reaching, so it is possible.
    When Ivy took over the world she also gained everyone’s knowledge, including presumably the folks at Sanctuary. She also learned all the secrets that are now being sent to Lois.

Maybe significant, maybe not, but interesting IMO.
    Cheers - CL