Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Been there,done that,lots of ppl here has,but thanks for reminding me that my opinion matters.
    He wasn't saying that your opinion doesn't matter. He was asking for you to express your opinion of the series, positive or negative, by your own merit rather than by ridiculing someone else's opinion.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Been there,done that,lots of ppl here has,but thanks for reminding me that my opinion matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    He wasn't saying that your opinion doesn't matter. He was asking for you to express your opinion of the series, positive or negative, by your own merit rather than by ridiculing someone else's opinion.
    And just to add to this...this is not the thread to jump on anyone for their opinions on the writer or the plot of Heroes In Crisis. There is an entire HiC general thread for people to dump on King and this story and to ridicule those of us who are enjoying it. This is not that thread. This is the thread for discussing theories and, in essense, is intended to be a positive thread for those of us who enjoy it. You don't need to like BatmanJones' opinion, but this isn't the place to argue his opinion. Bored was very clear on this when he created the thread.

End rant. Sorry everyone.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    And just to add to this...this is not the thread to jump on anyone for their opinions on the writer or the plot of Heroes In Crisis. There is an entire HiC general thread for people to dump on King and this story and to ridicule those of us who are enjoying it. This is not that thread. This is the thread for discussing theories and, in essense, is intended to be a positive thread for those of us who enjoy it. You don't need to like BatmanJones' opinion, but this isn't the place to argue his opinion. Bored was very clear on this when he created the thread.

Thanks guys. This is exactly what I was getting at.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Thanks guys. This is exactly what I was getting at.

Oh this is where free speech died,ok,see ya

Nah, just any desire to read what you have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Thanks BatmanJones!

I'd considered that perhaps Heroes in Crisis is an AI simulation, but the fact that the events have been referenced in other books kinda nixes that idea. However, King's most recent Poison Ivy showed that her ability to control the minds of the entire world is pretty far-reaching, so it is possible.

I can't quite shake the notion that a lot of this is a fake-out. King himself on a recent podcast was pretty up-front about the idea that death in superhero comics didn't really mean a whole lot, so fans probably shouldn't get too upset about all this.
    I feel like some of the story HAS to be a fakeout based on the conflicting memories of Booster/Harley, but then how much?
    I feel like most of the deaths are real based on other books acknowledging them...but are ALL of them?
    Could the real culprit be faking their own death?

Also, I feel like whoever the culprit is must probably have some presence in the story. It would be unlikely that the final issue will reveal somebody we had never seen at Sanctuary (yet) being the culprit. Based on that, who seems to be getting page time besides Harley and Booster?

Finally, if there was some glitch in the AI, was it accidental or did the real villain manipulate the AI to make the murders happen?

You could say the same about your reply to BatmanJones' post. Was there a particular reason you entered a thread specifically for non-negative discourse and then proceeded to attack his opinion of King?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

You could say the same about your reply to BatmanJones' post. Was there a particular reason you entered a thread specifically for non-negative discourse and then proceeded to attack his opinion of King?
    In the spirit of trying to respect the OP's intention for this thread, maybe we should drop this train of discourse.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In the spirit of trying to respect the OP's intention for this thread, maybe we should drop this train of discourse.
    Do you think there is some connection between Booster's return in The Gift, and Skeet's alliance with Bane, in order to discredit Batman ?

Isn't it morally questionable that Lois is investigating something her husband is involved and then holding back some information in the report?

Since HiC is mentioned in Doomsday Clock, doesn't that cancel the idea that it is just someone's ''therapy'' session?

I'm just trying to gather some more solid information because I can't really see many leads, tips or clues. Granted, I'm not the detective, but even so, as a reader, I'd expect a bit more help in trying to ''play the game''.

cheers.

Extraordinary Member

I would think it must be tough to play dead in front of a fully powered Kryptonian.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Which deaths have been referenced outside of Heroes in Crisis?

Pretty sure Roy's death was confirmed in Green Arrow. Anyone else?

Fantastic Member

Roy's death is the only one so far to my knowledge. It's been mentioned in Green Arrow, Titans, and Red Hood and the Outlaws. Though Wally's is supposed to be addressed in the upcoming Flash Annual and the Flash/Batman crossover.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Nah, just any desire to read what you have to say.
    Ooh internet tough guy talking **** ooh.

I didn't know this was a thread just for positive responses,preprogrammed but the hive mind,I really did think it was just a spoiler HiC thread.

With that said I'm trying to leave the thread,but replys need responded too,so I'll see u soon.

Just to point this out...

If it isn't actually "Heroes In Crisis Mystery..."-relevant, there probably isn't much of a point in addressing it. Doing so is only going to drag things off-topic for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Could not agree more fully.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 01-16-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Mighty Member

I think Tattooed Man's death was mentioned in Doomsday Clock #6
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K