Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

The upcoming "The Last Cold Case" crossover is supposed to be a Heroes in Crisis tie-in and feature Gotham Girl. This teaser also has a Sanctuary face mask on top of a garbage pile, and the Sanctuary face masks are very similar to Psycho Pirate's mask. Perhaps Batman got the idea for Sanctuary after "curing" Gotham Girl with Psycho Pirate but maybe she was never cured at all, thus laying the bad foundation for Sanctuary. In any case, it lends more evidence for the theory that Psycho Pirate is involved somehow.

LastColdCase2.jpg
    Last edited by TheJudge95; 01-25-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge95 View Post
    The upcoming "The Last Cold Case" crossover is supposed to be a Heroes in Crisis tie-in and feature Gotham Girl. This teaser also has a Sanctuary face mask on top of a garbage pile, and the Sanctuary face masks are very similar to Psycho Pirate's mask. Perhaps Batman got the idea for Sanctuary after "curing" Gotham Girl with Psycho Pirate but maybe she was never cured at all, thus laying the bad foundation for Sanctuary. In any case, it lends more evidence for the theory that Psycho Pirate is involved somehow.
    Not necessarily arguing against that theory, but the face mask is there to represent what happened to Wally just as the crowbar is there to represent what happened to Jason. Both representing someone who paid a price for following in the steps of these heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I feel like some of the story HAS to be a fakeout based on the conflicting memories of Booster/Harley, but then how much?
    I feel like most of the deaths are real based on other books acknowledging them...but are ALL of them?
    Could the real culprit be faking their own death?

Also, I feel like whoever the culprit is must probably have some presence in the story. It would be unlikely that the final issue will reveal somebody we had never seen at Sanctuary (yet) being the culprit. Based on that, who seems to be getting page time besides Harley and Booster?

Finally, if there was some glitch in the AI, was it accidental or did the real villain manipulate the AI to make the murders happen?
    Conflicting memories could be a sign of mind manipulation or a mass illusion.

I think that all of the deaths are real, even if they haven't been mentioned in other books.

The real culprit faking their own death is a possibility.

The people getting the most page time besides Booster and Harley are Batman, Superman and WW. I doubt that they are involved and I'm more inclined to believe that if the culprit isn't someone who was at Sanctuary, it will be someone who was never at the place.

I feel like the AI was sabotaged on purpose. The 'therapy' it provided was extremely suspect.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not necessarily arguing against that theory, but the face mask is there to represent what happened to Wally just as the crowbar is there to represent what happened to Jason. Both representing someone who paid a price for following in the steps of these heroes.
    Oh you're right - I didn't notice the crowbar.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm behind a couple of issues at this point and wanted to ask-does this improve? Is there payoff?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I'm behind a couple of issues at this point and wanted to ask-does this improve? Is there payoff?
    I was on the fence about the series until the last two issues really clicked for me. The moments with Wally were so damned heartbreaking it sold me on the entire story.

Right now the story feels like a series of moments that don't really come together to cohesively tell a story. It just skips between characters reacting and emoting. I am thinking about dropping out and seeing if it reads better collected.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm color blind, so I can't tell who picked up the rose that Harley threw off the bridge in honor of Ivy? Was that a green glove or red? If it's green, then I guess Ivy might still be alive.

Glad the shoe finally dropped with Wally. Clearly, there's more going on here when it comes to his demise, and I think it's looking more likely now that this will indeed be Wally's final run for the next few years. I think King (along with Gerads) are planning to give Wally the send-off that even Barry didn't get in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Obviously, Wally will be brought back sooner or later just as Barry was, but the way that King & Gerads have been talking about the character shows how much deep affection they have for him and their genuine desire to give him a fitting death rather than let him flounder with no purpose like he has for more than a decade.

The time travel element certainly implicates Skeets, but I'm sure there's more to it. I really hope it's not Zoom or Thrawne again. They've both been played out. I want Wally to face something new and more dangerous than he ever has when he sacrifices himself to save the day once final time.

As for who that is? I am stumped right now. Superhero murder mysteries have so many more possible scenarios, particularly now that time travel, a master of disguise and a woman capable of taking mental control of the entire planet are all involved.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm color blind, so I can't tell who picked up the rose that Harley threw off the bridge in honor of Ivy? Was that a green glove or red?
    It looked red (or scarlet?)

I am starting to think the events of HiC will mostly be washed away due to time travel, but Roy and Wally will still be dead somehow. There is a preview of the Flash Annual that seems odd but I don't think Wally ends up dying the way he seems to be dead here, I think he ends up dying while saving everyone. There is also a comment in one of the other books about what Sanctuary cost Wally, which is a weird way of saying he died along with everyone else, and leads me to think we will see a heroic Wally at the end.

Amazing Member

The ring that magically appears on Booster Gold's hand in between panels of his confession looks very similar to whatever Arsenal was holding way back in Heroes in Crisis #1. Is that ring linked to time travel?

Ring1.jpg

Ring2.jpg

Amazing Member

There's another option also
    In the flash annual the secret villain (the codename crisis from the flash war) said that all the speedster should end because what they did to his family (and he showed that he had some sort of connection with wally because of his dialogue with goodspeed).
    I would not get out the table that they are taking wally a "hal jordan becames villain" road.

Amazing Member

looked like wally gloves in the series.
    I am thinking that in that scene of wally in the master of lagoon he was returning from time travel.
    if he is not the killer, would make sense for the real killer to get him out of the scene (it would be impossible to kill all those heroes with a speedster in the vicinity). And seeing roy dead, and feeling guilt for al the deaths, would make him drop his guard (i'm wonder why he did not heal after being mauling in the head,i doubt the writer would forgot the fast healing that ALL the speedster have)

The ring that magically appears on Booster Gold's hand in between panels of his confession looks very similar to whatever Arsenal was holding way back in Heroes in Crisis #1. Is that ring linked to time travel?

Ring1.jpg

Ring2.jpg
    I think Booster has a Legion ring, but Arsenal was holding a Sanctuary pin. Like the promo swag they handed out at SDCC.

While it is likely that Wally tried to travel through time to find his kids, my current theory is that the Wally at the time of the massacre is alive in the present and will die when he returns to the Sanctuary in 5 days time. He’s probably the red glove.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Ring1.jpg

Ring2.jpg
    Looks like it could be the same ring Booster is wearing. I don't know if it is just inconsistency in the art, but Booster has been wearing the ring since the first issue, but every once in a while it is not drawn. Odd thing is that when Booster and Beetle are looking at the evidence neither of them notice whatever Roy is holding.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It looked red (or scarlet?)

I am starting to think the events of HiC will mostly be washed away due to time travel, but Roy and Wally will still be dead somehow. There is a preview of the Flash Annual that seems odd but I don't think Wally ends up dying the way he seems to be dead here, I think he ends up dying while saving everyone. There is also a comment in one of the other books about what Sanctuary cost Wally, which is a weird way of saying he died along with everyone else, and leads me to think we will see a heroic Wally at the end.
    Thank you for bringing some hope in this weird situation. That's really appreciated and this is a really nice theory/ending IMO.