Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Sometimes i feel like Arsenal is the one that snapped, or caused the A.I to malfuction, and wally is in a loop trying to prevent everything from happening (and ended up being "killed" by different heroes each time).

From all the interactions i almost feel that the sancturay created a deeper connection with wally

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What is his motivation? He hasn't done or really said much of anything in this story.
    Presumably, his rather elaborate backstory will be recounted in the story, but the short version is that he's the Ethan Hunt of the DCU who's worked with Batman, faked his death, joined the Suicide Squad, impersonated the late Frank Rock during Luthor's Presidency, dated Wonder Woman until Steve Trevor got de-aged by time shenanigans, and then faked his death again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by reis9999 View Post
    Two moments of this issue draw my attention:
    The "you are not alone" (A.I, or perhaps someone else, talking to wally) and when wally says "slow down" during the emergency call.

In that delay, between these two scenes, probably is the answer on how things escalated so quickly (no pun intended)
    either the AI or someone working for Bane, cause this is probably all just a subplot for batmans storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Presumably, his rather elaborate backstory will be recounted in the story, but the short version is that he's the Ethan Hunt of the DCU who's worked with Batman, faked his death, joined the Suicide Squad, impersonated the late Frank Rock during Luthor's Presidency, dated Wonder Woman until Steve Trevor got de-aged by time shenanigans, and then faked his death again.
    No, I already know all that. I mean why for HiC. In this story he has no set up or motivations. DC can't take a vague stance on continuity then expect people to understand someone like Nemesis when he hasn't been properly set up in the story. He hasn't done anything expect exist for a few panels and said some snarky, vague things.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

No, I already know all that. I mean why for HiC. In this story he has no set up or motivations. DC can't take a vague stance on continuity then expect people to understand someone like Nemesis when he hasn't been properly set up in the story. He hasn't done anything expect exist for a few panels and said some snarky, vague things.
    I don't think the average reader is meant to even suspect Nemesis at this point in the story, which is perfectly normal for a murder mystery. We often don't know the motive until the very end. However, if I am right, I think it's very likely that the relevant history of Nemesis will be expanded upon. I could be completely wrong, though, and King included Nemesis as a fake out for the hardcore fanboys who know who he is.

I don't think the average reader is meant to even suspect Nemesis at this point in the story, which is perfectly normal for a murder mystery. We often don't know the motive until the very end. However, if I am right, I think it's very likely that the relevant history of Nemesis will be expanded upon. I could be completely wrong, though, and King included Nemesis as a fake out for the hardcore fanboys who know who he is.
    It seems kinda late, 6 issues in with only 3 left for it to suddenly turn out Nemesis to play a huge part.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It seems kinda late, 6 issues in with only 3 left for it to suddenly turn out Nemesis to play a huge part.
    A lot can happen in 3 issues...

Maybe not even a "Textbook" fake out.

Could have just been an interesting question mark(particularly so if you factor in rumor during the run up to the start of the title).

We'll have to see.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 02-28-2019 at 01:24 AM.

I hope something happens soon. We are over halfway through and it doesn't feel like we hit a climax yet.

I hope something happens soon. We are over halfway through and it doesn't feel like we hit a climax yet.
    You're assuming that a climax is something that is in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You're assuming that a climax is something that is in the cards.
    You're right because a climax is a part of every story ever told. It's a part of basic story structure.

A climax doesn't equal big action if that's what you're thinking.

Yeah, the time travel / holographic illusions make this pretty much impossible to approach like I would a traditional murder mystery.

The Sanctuary AI has been compromised, time travel is a factor and different people are seeing the same events play out differently.

My guess is still Nemesis because he's the only one with the means and motivation to pull this off.
    Nemesis has been shown very sparingly and his (two?) appearances have seemed sort of innocuous:

"Nemesis. Just that. I got a week behind me."

"No one you've heard of." (referring to who he has saved)

So here are the other facts:

-He's not confirmed to be dead (could be alive)
    -So far, it appears he's not there for healing (could be there just for shenanigans)

Its plausible he's behind it all. The real question to me is - does he have a bone to pick with the Titans specifically?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Nemesis has been shown very sparingly and his (two?) appearances have seemed sort of innocuous:

"Nemesis. Just that. I got a week behind me."

"No one you've heard of." (referring to who he has saved)

So here are the other facts:

-He's not confirmed to be dead (could be alive)
    -So far, it appears he's not there for healing (could be there just for shenanigans)

Its plausible he's behind it all. The real question to me is - does he have a bone to pick with the Titans specifically?
    I feel like Nemesis is a red herring included exactly so readers would have this conversation. I think he's a smart choice for King to include as a red herring because fans who know him know he could have done it but the reader who doesn't know him just considers him another potential casualty. Really anyone we've seen in a confessional could have done it.

I think it shows just how disorienting the investigation must be for Batman and Flash. We aren't being shown much of the Trinity's investigation but we are being shown many clues from the perspective of Harley and Flash. The biggest clue in 6 was obviously that there are two realities at work- one where Harley killed Wally and one where Booster killed Wally. This totally re-frames issue 1 (makes me wonder which Harley and Booster we meet in that issue) and also makes Flash and Batman both right in 4.

I think that's what I'm enjoying the most about this mystery is that we aren't being shown the investigation (as is the usual story telling choice in a murder mystery) but we're being shown the suspects point of view and piecing together clues ourselves. I think the "Wally did it" or "rogue AI did it" are circling the truth but considering we're fully dealing with the multiverse, I suspect there's some bigger twist to it and I can't wait to find out.

ALSO- It is so interesting to me that we still have not seen Ivy dead. She's really the biggest question mark at this point. It makes me think that the scrapped Ivy cover with her death was also an intentional red herring... maybe we'll see more in 7... but it's way to intentional at this point that she's the only body we haven't seen...

PS- If anyone watched the Twin Peaks revival all the way until the end.... I'm seeing major parallels....
    Last edited by upupandagay; 02-28-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Not when King is writing them ...

Hell, sometimes in the last few pages of a mini-series, a new character can appear out of nowhere and reboot an entire 60+ year-old universe!