Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

My original theory when the first issue dropped was that the whole thing was an incident that spiraled out of control as a result of a misunderstanding between Booster and Ivy causing one of them to snap and a fight to break out. If Booster thought that Ivy was a villain at the Sanctuary and the conflict escalated in a manner that got Ivy involved I could see why each would blame the other.

But with more hints from the Puddlers this issues it seems as though this was more of a premeditated attack, perhaps by a group.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    My original theory when the first issue dropped was that the whole thing was an incident that spiraled out of control as a result of a misunderstanding between Booster and Ivy causing one of them to snap and a fight to break out. If Booster thought that Ivy was a villain at the Sanctuary and the conflict escalated in a manner that got Ivy involved I could see why each would blame the other.

But with more hints from the Puddlers this issues it seems as though this was more of a premeditated attack, perhaps by a group.
    yeah, why would any of the current suspects vandalize the wall by writing "puddlers". makes me think it's by someone who had an axe to grind or something.

BANNED

going by the least likely suspect being the murderer I think it is probable that bane or Prometheus has inserted himself into sanctuary disguised as one of the heroes and one of the dead heroes was faking it so that they could learn all the heroes secrets. If it's bane I can just imagine all heroes loosing all respect for batman when it all comes out how he has been manipulating him and his allies. especially if he gained access through someone close to Bruce. after Ras it would be the second batman rouge who got to the league though it does seem unlikely but given he rescued flashpoint Batman when Manhattan had let the timeline perish makes him a strong suspect. who knows what shenanigans he can pull off if he can save someone from entropy? The other suspect could be Prometheus who kind of made a thing of infiltrating Superheroes and murdering/maiming them though he would be eliminated if it turns out that the murderer isn't one of the patients.

BANNED

That infographic released a few months ago didn't have either Bane or Prometheus. It had Deathstroke and Lex. I know King/DC can easily ignore it but for now the murderer is supposed to be one of those guys or gals in the info graph.

BANNED

those weren't meant to be taken seriously. shows what happens if you forget to place the smiley face.

BANNED

It said suspects, victims and culprit. So far it has accurately represented the former 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I did the same for Doomsday Clock. I understand these kinds of stories aren't for everyone and people want a place to vent and complain about them, but that shouldn't also mean that all discussion of them needs to be dominated by those who disagree with the very idea of them or aren't even reading them.
    This is partly why you're one of my favorite posters here. Thanks for this thread. I was too scared to even open the other one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    That infographic released a few months ago didn't have either Bane or Prometheus. It had Deathstroke and Lex. I know King/DC can easily ignore it but for now the murderer is supposed to be one of those guys or gals in the info graph.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that infograph was inaccurate or if the original plans for the story got changed since then.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    This is partly why you're one of my favorite posters here. Thanks for this thread. I was too scared to even open the other one.
    Happy to be of help, old chum

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that infograph was inaccurate or if the original plans for the story got changed since then.
    Tom King is a self-admitted control freak when it comes to his stories. He will often change things at the last minute if he thinks of a better idea, but I don't think he would change who the killer is in a murder mystery he's spent this much time meticulously constructing and obsessing about. However, I could be wrong. Several months ago on Twitter, he posted about how he had to throw out an entire issue he'd already written and the direction for the overall story because a character in the story decided to do something he hadn't planned on. He may have been talking about Heroes in Crisis, but it seems unlikely.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Anybody who can take down Wally West - the Fastest Man Alive - must be a force to reckon with.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Anybody who can take down Wally West - the Fastest Man Alive - must be a force to reckon with.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I still contend there's more than meets the eye with Wally's "death"

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I still contend there's more than meets the eye with Wally's "death"
    For starters.

Jean Loring around? I would think there is some homage to Identity Crisis somewhere, just gotta find it. Mind control? Body doubles? Transformation? Some off the wall obscure D list character?
    I don't think it's Booster or Harley. Someone manipulating Ivy and getting some of her spores? Riddler? Toyman? Psycho Pirate(My personal favorite)? Zoom?

I am in the Psycho Pirate camp. Why? All this time/alternate reality stuff got him remembering how much of a putz he was in Crisis and is pissed.

has anyone mentioned issue 2 where Harley grabs the lasso and tells Wonder Woman it was Booster? That means that she's not lying...but it also means she could have seen something that she didn't actually see...or was mind controlled to see it, etc. If she believes it's Booster, the lasso wouldn't ping her for lying. So she must believe it was Booster.

That leads me to believe it's some kind of shapeshifter, clone, etc...because I don't think it's Booster.