Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

My current theory is that Wally said something like "I wish Sanctuary didn't exist. I want to get out of here." that the A.I. took to mean "Kill everyone". Now Wally is trying to fix things.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

“Roy... why...
    Why did it...
    The kids...
    I didn’t want...
    I didn’t want to be alone”

In issue 3 and 6 this words are exactly repeated by Wally before being killed by Harley first and by Booster then.
    At this point I think that both Harley and Booster killed two different Wally.
    It’s something like groundhog day, everytime Wally tries to stop the massacre failing and the day after everything starts again since probably he decide that the only way is to kill himself.
    I’m wondering what’s with the kids...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    “Roy... why...
    Why did it...
    The kids...
    I didn’t want...

In issue 3 and 6 this words are exactly repeated by Wally before being killed by Harley first and by Booster then.
    It’s something like groundhog day, everytime Wally tries to stop the massacre failing and the day after everything starts again since probably he decide that the only way is to kill himself.
    Maybe Sanctuary created AI versions of them and they killed everyone? That would probably prevent Wally from being the murderer but would render the twins toxic characters for years to come(and they weren't very popular with fans to begin with).

Poison Ivy showing up makes me think she mind-controlled Wally and sent him back in time to stop the massacre from happening. This would explain why he was so easily taken out by Harley and Booster, two people who should have no ability to take out a speedster. We've already seen from King's Batman run that an Ivy-controlled speedster is vulnerable.

“Roy... why...
    Why did it...
    The kids...
    I didn’t want...

Yep, I think that is basically what is happening. We don't yet know what triggered the AI from going nuts, but something obviously did. Knowing King, I have a suspicion that the poor AI got overwhelmed and wigged out.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yep, I think that is basically what is happening. We don't yet know what triggered the AI from going nuts, but something obviously did. Knowing King, I have a suspicion that the poor AI got overwhelmed and wigged out.
    I had raised that a while ago. I think the fact that it was retaining all the trauma when it was supposed to be deleting everything gave the AI it's own PTSD causing it to fracture and the constructs to cause the massacre. I think part of it (the Puddlers) realized this and reached out to a person it had an innate sense of trust for, Lois, with the tapes because it was built off of the Trinity's personalities and traits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I had raised that a while ago. I think the fact that it was retaining all the trauma when it was supposed to be deleting everything gave the AI it's own PTSD causing it to fracture and the constructs to cause the massacre. I think part of it (the Puddlers) realized this and reached out to a person it had an innate sense of trust for, Lois, with the tapes because it was built off of the Trinity's personalities and traits.
    Is it even possible for an AI to develop PTSD? Then again,King is the writer and inserting trauma into everything is how he rolls.

So is Sanctuary going to arise as a new supervillain like Danger did from the Danger Room?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Is it even possible for an AI to develop PTSD? Then again,King is the writer and inserting trauma into everything is how he rolls.
    They go evil all the time, so why not have a breakdown too. Like Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Hadn't thought of it that way, but yes that is a good possibility. Then the one who programmed it, limiting the possibilities to characters that have appeared in the series so far and have the right skills, it could be one of the Trinity (hope not), Nemesis or Skeets. Anyone else?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Amazing Member

“Roy... why...
    Why did it...
    The kids...
    I didn’t want...

agreed.
    i was thinking about the "why's" booster and harley also survived (ignoring editorial decision to use them ahah). In case of harley we can input this to ivy, her staying behind and etc.
    Booster, for me, all revolves around his "shield". Why he stopped functioning? Absorved too much damage? Sabotage and etc?

Ted says he is not able to repair the shield because of the advanced tecnhology but he is able to go around with his ingenuity. Perhaphs the A.I, or someone else, tryed to disable the shield but he worked for enough time to protect him (not only in a phsyical way, mind control also could be included)

Amazing Member

One or the cover's for the 6 issue shows roy (and in the descriptions before the changes, was the issue that would reveal how a heroes became a murderer etc etc) with makes me think if he, somehow, is also direct involved ( he is in the house because was the first one to be killed or the last?). Considering how King is basing his storying in a superheroes mass shooting, the killer in most of the cases end's up killing himself

Roy is one of his best friends, wich could explain some of wally's motivations (cover up, guilt, using everythin he can to "fix things").

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I continue to hold out hope that this is the final red herring and the final issue will somehow make all the clues King has laid out work, but I don’t see how.

As it stands, none of Wally’s actions make any sense and would make for a completely unsatisfying murderer.

I dunno. Did this work for anyone who wasn’t already predisposed to hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I continue to hold out hope that this is the final red herring and the final issue will somehow make all the clues King has laid out work, but I don’t see how.

As it stands, none of Wally’s actions make any sense and would make for a completely unsatisfying murderer.

Man, "Work" is a tough one.

I actually did like that the only possible version that even remotely felt possible is what it wound up being.

The main issue is if it winds up being doing what they did just to set up something else in DC Comics' line. If that's the case, it will probably be a let down. That said, I am interested in just what happens in the final issue.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, "Work" is a tough one.

I actually did like that the only possible version that even remotely felt possible is what it wound up being.

The main issue is if it winds up being doing what they did just to set up something else in DC Comics' line. If that's the case, it will probably be a let down. That said, I am interested in just what happens in the final issue.
    Absolutely. As disappointing as this issue was, I will certainly check out the final issue to see if King can miracle this all into a satisfying conclusion.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'll tell you this: as predisposed to hate it as I have been, I have also been predisposed to be proven wrong.

I rarely am, though, and this was no different.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!