Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Anybody who can take down Wally West - the Fastest Man Alive - must be a force to reckon with.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I don't think Wally is dead. Its very suspicious that Donna mourned Roy but not Wally. Either the Trinity decided to keep the Titans out of the loop about Wally's death or something else is going on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    has anyone mentioned issue 2 where Harley grabs the lasso and tells Wonder Woman it was Booster? That means that she's not lying...but it also means she could have seen something that she didn't actually see...or was mind controlled to see it, etc. If she believes it's Booster, the lasso wouldn't ping her for lying. So she must believe it was Booster.

That leads me to believe it's some kind of shapeshifter, clone, etc...because I don't think it's Booster.
    There is some sort of mass illusion or mental manipulation going down at Sanctuary. It would explain a lot of the inconsistencies we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    There is some sort of mass illusion or mental manipulation going down at Sanctuary. It would explain a lot of the inconsistencies we've seen so far.
    Agreed...something that made Harley certain it was him. But he doesn't recall doing it - and I don't think it was him.

I think she was manipulated somehow, or there was someone/something that looked like Booster.

Spectacular Member

Could it the name "the Puddlers" also be a clue to the identity of the true killer.
    According to the Dictionary:
    2. puddle - subject to puddling or form by puddling; "puddle iron"
    shape, mould, mold, form, forge, work - make something, usually for a specific function; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
    To add to the theory of Skeets or the Sanctuary AI being involved could be a corruption of their programming/purpose. The Sanctuary is there to help the heroes...strengthen them after ordeals that may be too much for them to handle. To provide counseling. Could a corruption in the programming feel that the heroes in residence at Sanctuary were used to strengthen the other heroes (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Barry)?
    Another theory I had with the Puddlers name...was Hunter Zolomon...Zoom or as he calls himself now, the Flash. He could have killed all those there...without being seen...and done it to better the surviving heroes. It does fit his M.O. and having been in the future (in the Flash) he would have know about Sanctuary. He would have known Wally was there. And he does have some knowledge of the other "forces" of the DCU. Speed Force, Strength Force, Sage Force...maybe the Still Force? Maybe Wally isn't dead...but slowed down by the Still Force to appear dead? Superman only did a check with his X Ray vision to confirm the deaths. What if Wally is just moving to slowly to be perceived to be alive? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Marxtles; 11-10-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    It said suspects, victims and culprit. So far it has accurately represented the former 2.
    It claimed TWO of the people will be murdered but the story is claiming 3 of them died (Roy, Wally, Ivy) so it is already off...

...unless that inconsistency was a blatant spoiler. In which case, either Wally or Ivy aren't really dead as suspected.

Also, the same poster said THREE people will be accused of the murders. So we are still one suspect short.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marxtles View Post
    Could it the name "the Puddlers" also be a clue to the identity of the true killer.
    According to the Dictionary:
    2. puddle - subject to puddling or form by puddling; "puddle iron"
    shape, mould, mold, form, forge, work - make something, usually for a specific function; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
    To add to the theory of Skeets or the Sanctuary AI being involved could be a corruption of their programming/purpose. The Sanctuary is there to help the heroes...strengthen them after ordeals that may be too much for them to handle. To provide counseling. Could a corruption in the programming feel that the heroes in residence at Sanctuary were used to strengthen the other heroes (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Barry)?
    Another theory I had with the Puddlers name...was Hunter Zolomon...Zoom or as he calls himself now, the Flash. He could have killed all those there...without being seen...and done it to better the surviving heroes. It does fit his M.O. and having been in the future (in the Flash) he would have know about Sanctuary. He would have known Wally was there. And he does have some knowledge of the other "forces" of the DCU. Speed Force, Strength Force, Sage Force...maybe the Still Force? Maybe Wally isn't dead...but slowed down by the Still Force to appear dead? Superman only did a check with his X Ray vision to confirm the deaths. What if Wally is just moving to slowly to be perceived to be alive? Just a thought.
    that's a pretty good theory.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This issue was mostly to flesh out the various victims, particularly poor Wally West, who was just so, so sad. I'm not sure how that stuff plays for anyone who doesn't know what his backstory is, but it is just heartbreaking. His death seems to a mallet to the back of the head by Harley Quinn, but then King lets the real shoe drop in the final panel...

Nemesis. The master of disguise.

I see what you did there Tom King, you sneaky bastard...

I'm sticking with my Skeets/AI causing everyone to go crazy and kill each other in VR theory for now, but Nemesis is a nice monkey wrench to throw in there.

I was right
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I was right
    I wouldn't bet the whole box of Jellybeans on that.

The page in question essentially looked right at the reader, and said "You do know that I am not entirely on the level, right?"

Astonishing Member

Am I the only one who thinks that the therapy at Sanctuary wouldn't be very helpful even if everything didn't go horribly wrong?

It seems to encourage escapism(Wally was interacting with fake versions of his lost family)and could potentially re-traumatize(see Lagoon Boy and the laser)patients.

I feel like it was a combination of things that led to the tragedy: the AI went rogue and there was outside interference.

Astonishing Member

Am I the only one who thinks that the therapy at Sanctuary wouldn't be very helpful even if everything didn't go horribly wrong?

It seems to encourage escapism(Wally was interacting with fake versions of his lost family)and could potentially re-traumatize(see Lagoon Boy and the laser)patients.
    I would say that one problem with Sanctuary is that it seems to be too permissive.

It is difficult to predict mental outcomes. There are people to whom confronting a trauma can help them, but not to others. That said, I don't think the patient should control the exposure.

I don't think Wally is dead. Its very suspicious that Donna mourned Roy but not Wally. Either the Trinity decided to keep the Titans out of the loop about Wally's death or something else is going on.
    Same. They have brought up Roy's death and Dick's accident multiple times in Titans...but not a peep about Wally. The bodies were discovered TOGETHER, so very suspicious that Wally hasn't come up.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Same. They have brought up Roy's death and Dick's accident multiple times in Titans...but not a peep about Wally. The bodies were discovered TOGETHER, so very suspicious that Wally hasn't come up.
    I mean... there’s an 4 part crossover between the Flash & Batman books about exactly that. And an annual. So....

No. And some of the reviews I've read (e.g. at Geekdad) has brought its crappy approach to mental health treatment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I wouldn't bet the whole box of Jellybeans on that.

The page in question essentially looked right at the reader, and said "You do know that I am not entirely on the level, right?"
    I'm taking this win and running with it till I'm inevitably proven wrong in future issues
    The J-man