Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Nemesis is involved and i dont gotta change nothin

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If Nemesis is somehow involved, anyone who takes this friendly wager must change their subtitle to 'I was wrong.' for 30 days.

Ok, fanboys and fangirls. Time to put up or shut up. Who's willing to take this bet?
    Oh, no. You can change to "I was wrong", but if I loose I'll change to "Dan Didio superfan". No issue.

The only things I take more seriously than my betting are my smoking and my drinking!
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 04-28-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Oh, no. You can change to "I was wrong", but if I loose I'll change to "Dan Didio superfan". No issue.

The only things I take more seriously than my betting are my smoking and my drinking!
    Well, if your gambling skills are as good as your spelling, then I look forward to seeing your newfound love of Didio when you lose.

Well, if your gambling skills are as good as your spelling, then I look forward to seeing your newfound love of Didio when you lose.
    English is a second language, dude. Sometimes I mix things up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    English is a second language, dude. Sometimes I mix things up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    No worries, just busting your balls. I teach ESL, so I totally understand (English makes no sense most times). Actually, your English is pretty damned good for second language. I never would have suspected if you hadn't told me.

No worries, just busting your balls. I teach ESL, so I totally understand (English makes no sense most times). Actually, your English is pretty damned good for second language. I never would have suspected if you hadn't told me.
    Nah, I'm not above some light jabbing (like, at all).

But thank you! (Fun fact, I understand english better than I understand portuguese as spoken with a Portugal accent. And portuguese is my first language! XD )

Regarding Nemesis being involved:

spoilers:
    As far as I can tell that's him in between Red Devil and Blue Jay, beside Gnarrk in the double page spread showing Wally accidentally killing everyone. Doesn't mean there can't be more to his appearance, but based on this it seems he is one of the dead heroes.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Tenzel Kim; 04-29-2019 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Edited to remove image as it ws not hidden by the spoiler tag

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Regarding Nemesis being involved:

spoilers:
    As far as I can tell that's him in between Red Devil and Blue Jay, beside Gnarrk in the double page spread showing Wally accidentally killing everyone. Doesn't mean there can't be more to his appearance, but based on this it seems he is one of the dead heroes.
    end of spoilers
    Which issue, page, panel?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Which issue, page, panel?
    Uh, the only double page spread of...

spoilers:
    Everyone being killed by Wally?

If it helps to narrow it down, there is a single red dialog box that reads "I lost control. The character that might be Nemesis would be at around two o'clock.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Uh, the only double page spread of...

spoilers:
    Everyone being killed by Wally?

If it helps to narrow it down, there is a single red dialog box that reads "I lost control. The character that might be Nemesis would be at around two o'clock.
    end of spoilers
    There are several pages across different issues with characters dying so I wasn't sure if you were talking about the most current issue or not.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

There are several pages across different issues with characters dying so I wasn't sure if you were talking about the most current issue or not.
    Ah, copy that.

I was talking about issue #8.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ah, copy that.

I was talking about issue #8.
    Yeah I just pulled it up and he looks like a goner. Like I said before it doesn't really make any narrative sense for a character that showed up for a panel and short testimonial to suddenly be revealed as important.

Remember guys, you don't need to use spoiler tags here. Anything that's been published is fair game. There's already a giant all caps spoiler warning in the title of the thread.

Yeah I just pulled it up and he looks like a goner. Like I said before it doesn't really make any narrative sense for a character that showed up for a panel and short testimonial to suddenly be revealed as important.
    Nemesis's whole shtick is faking his own death.

BANNED

if anything it could be that Nemesis is not involved, but him simply being in the story (especially in this strange fashion where his appearances in the book have been so limited that we weren't even sure if he was dead or not) could be King letting people know that not everything is what it seems. I feel like there are too many visual cues and red herrings, random plot threads that are seemingly going nowhere, for that not to be true. subliminally King is trying to explain that we can't take all of it at face value